Qobuz & Wiim Pro and Mini

hi @Brantome
Correct, with Spotify i use Spotify Connect and it is 24/192, i think Gapeless. It's time that i don?t use Sptify. Now i have the free version after having resigned the subscription to Spotify Premium.
Spotify is 16/44.1 Lossy.

You won't be getting 24/192 :)

if there was a way to play Qobuz 24/192 tracks wirelessly I'd absolutely give it a go
You can with BubbleUPnP (And Roon if that ever comes available) It also has android media controls which the WIIM Home/4stream app has not.

Last edited:
Ha ha no.

I buy elsewhere too as people only going to Amazon is a problem.

Nowz Qobuz and Amazon Music are roughly the same price, if there was a way to play Qobuz 24/192 tracks wirelessly I'd absolutely give it a go.

The Amazon Music app needs work and I like the Idea of Qobuz music editorials.
Surely there is a way and it is very simple.
Android - Use BubbleUPnP
iOS - Use MConnect.
That's all. Obviously you have to enable the highest possible quality in> settings of the :giggle: 2 Apps

@bradavon
I do not really understand your "wireless"?
A. WiiM offers you a wired ethernet connection or WLAN.
B. Both can deliver 24/192 if you have the specific subscriptions.
C. Even WiiMs in-built DAC is able to do so.
D. Smartphones or tablets can give you access.
E. If your "wireless" is meant for the last mile to your headphone or stereo you need bluetooth or airplay or Chromecast. All these options will destroy the advantages of f.e. Qobuz or Amazon 192/24

I took the posts to mean simply being able to cast Qobuz from the native app, with none of the restrictions the current methods impose.
i.e. Qobuz Connect.

Ah, ok. As usual I may take my opinion as the one-and-only 😉
And for me the advantage to have highest possible resolution makes taking a redirection via the WHA fine.
But I fear I have to learn and admit that this "connect thing" is very important for the greater part of the WiiM universe.

I took the posts to mean simply being able to cast Qobuz from the native app, with none of the restrictions the current methods impose.
i.e. Qobuz Connect.

That's what I understood and would also ideally like, I have both BubbleUPnP and MConnect but finding your songs / library is so much easier in either Amazon or Qobuz's own Apps .... simple things like MConnect ... you have to either play the start of an album or add it to a queque for it to go onto the next track ... Amazon you can list an album and play say the 4th track to start and it'll automatically go to the 5th track afterwards and keep playing .... MConnect is just "klunky" in comparison.
In the beginning...you're right.
But what is "Chromecast built-in"? A device in a device? I am quite sure thats a software solution.

Yes it is a "device within a device" .... there were the standalone Chromecast pucks to start with (one version for just audio and one for video) and then they allowed manufacturers to incorporate Chromecast within their amps, streamers, BT speakers, TV boxes etc. under licence.

That is what I have read. Still searching, lost in www...
The chipsets must fulfill specific minimums to fit Chromecasts software needs. Many of the chipsets in those items do, more or less due to other needs. Years ago I talked with a guy from Teufel/Raumfeld and he told me so. They advertised "CC Built-In" for their streamers and had nothing but problems. Lost this contact maybe I have a chat with him in future.
But in a growing community like this maybe we find real knowledge.

The chipsets must fulfill specific minimums to fit Chromecasts software needs. Many of the chipsets in those items do, more or less due to other needs. Years ago I talked with a guy from Teufel/Raumfeld and he told me so. They advertised "CC Built-In" for their streamers and had nothing but problems. Lost this contact maybe I have a chat with him in future.

If they had nothing but problems with it, I'd suggest that's something to do with how they implemented it.

I've had Chromecast, both video and audio for many years as well as built into my Nvidia Shield TV, Arcam Amp and more recently within the WiiM Pro and they all work pretty much seamlessly and I think is part of the reason it was popular.

One of the things I think the video version is brilliant for, if you have photos on your phone and want to show them to a group of people, it's a PITA passing the phone around for everyone to have a look but if you install google photos, you can just cast them to a TV for all to see.

One of the things I think the video version is brilliant for, if you have photos on your phone and want to show them to a group of people, it's a PITA passing the phone around for everyone to have a look but if you install google photos, you can just cast them to a TV for all to see.

Nothing better than boring a group to death with your holiday snaps, watch their pained faces on the 400 hundredth photo and see which is the 1st to reach for the petrol can and matches :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Could be a matter of memory or processing power? :unsure:

What makes Chromecast work is software interacting with appropriate hardware. When an AVR or similar has "Chromecast built in" it is this combination that makes it work.
For example the LMS Chromecast Bridge is purely software that takes a virtual instance of squeezelite and manipulates the stream it creates to fool a CC device into thinking it is coming from a CC authorised app.
My understanding is that the CC Audio can only handle up to 24/96 and will pass this through to an external DAC if used with Toslink cable.
The later Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra devices are 24/192 capable

Back