Router impact

If you want to use LMS then you can't avoid UPnP Bridge, unless you want to use the Chromecast interface on the WiiM.

It looks like squeezelite testing has gone very well so full confidence it'll fix the issues for the Pro (mini release date still to be confirmed).
Thanks. I hopefully will be trying it next Friday.

If you really can't wait (or just want something to play with) I guess you could use the LMS plugin 'UPNP/DLNA Media Interface' and then a standard UPnP control point like BubbleUPnP or mconnect.
It's not maintained any more so if it doesn't work first time then it'll likely never work.

If you really can't wait (or just want something to play with) I guess you could use the LMS plugin 'UPNP/DLNA Media Interface' and then a standard UPnP control point like BubbleUPnP or mconnect.
It's not maintained any more so if it doesn't work first time then it'll likely never work.
cool, I'll try that after lunch. Thanks.

C'mon, it's only a few days.
That's not a problem. I though I had an issue with my setup and I wrote in the LMS forum the crazy amount of trouble shooting I did to try and solve this. Seems like the track skipping is a known issue. If it is a buggy UPnP plugin and WiiM integrating LMS will solve it, I am happy to wait a few days.
Thanks!

I wouldn’t bother. Like nearly all DLNA servers it doesn’t integrate very well with WHA and it hasn’t had any development work for donkeys.
Who said anything about WHA :)

I briefly tested the plugin and whist it's basic it worked very well, certainly didn't have the problems we're encountering with the UPnP Bridge.

Thought it might "bridge" the gap till the 31st given it's like a 2 minute "install".

Back