Spotify to increase prices

Brantome

Slightly off topic, but info for WiiM Spotify users— looks like you’ll be paying more for the privilege soon…

I think I read “Supremium” is finally coming out around October, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking at a large price hike for it.

I think they will have missed the market. As I understand it only Spotify apps may be able to access a higher level of audio. I doubt very much whether the firmware on my Denon and Onkyo receivers will be capable of accessing it. I’ve never even tried them so I won’t really care as long as it doesn’t drive up the price of Qobuz

I think I read “Supremium” is finally coming out around October, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking at a large price hike for it.

I'm hopeful for Spotify Hifi, but I'm warry that the app will lose its smooth operation due to the increase size of the song file. I hope SpotifyConnect doesn't become like AlexaCast.

Also, I want to go back to being a student.

I think they will have missed the market. As I understand it only Spotify apps may be able to access a higher level of audio. I doubt very much whether the firmware on my Denon and Onkyo receivers will be capable of accessing it. I’ve never even tried them so I won’t really care as long as it doesn’t drive up the price of Qobuz
I’d imagine WiiM will make the necessary effort to support it, as will major manufacturers like Denon and Onkyo unless your kit is too old and no longer supported. I know they have been updated, for example, when Connect was no longer a Premium feature and it required a new Spotify API.

Back