Squeezelite and LMS

Not saying this will fix but check the player settings in LMS. Is it set to direct streaming or Proxied?

Also what bitrate do you have set in LMS for Qobuz and what bitrate is the stuff you are playing? In other words is LMS sending more than the WiiM can cope with? The WiiM instance of Squeezelite should be picking up its max sample rate from whatever you have set for the device in WHA but perhaps LMS isn’t seeing that.

I have no issue but I’m using a Pro.
Player is set to direct streaming @ 100% volume
Bitrate in WHA is 96000
Qobuz in LMS is set to 24 >96
Thank you, I will check all of that when I'm home again later this evening (NY time).

I am definitely using the >96kHz LMS setting for allowable Qobuz sample rate, which in WHA parlance is up to 192kHz, and perhaps that is the issue as this is a brand new WiiM Pro Plus and it's conceivable I missed that on it's initial setup.

One oddity (late) last night as I was testing against an instance of Moode running on a RPi 4B with it's Squeezelite renderer is that an album I selected described with (hi-res) or similar in it's title made my DAC switch it's sample rate to 384kHz, even though there is no such content on Qobuz. The browse of these albums in the LMS Qobuz app doesn't necessarily reveal the sample rate upfront, it usually just says (hi-res) in the album title with the view I've got setup, so I don't actually know what the sample rate was supposed to be and it was getting very late, the U.S. Open women's Tennis semifinals were over and it was time for bed.

But that had nothing to do with WiiM of course, that was using the Moode Squeezelite renderer.

Again, I'll circle back on all of the above once I'm home again, thanks very much for the response.

Sadly looks like my mini Mac is to old for the LMS software. Going see if can find a older version.

Have received my WIIM Pro+ today and after updating to the newest firmware (build date 08.09.2023) the integration into my LMS infrastructure was done within a minute 👌. Now I play via my iPeng player on the iPhone my Best-Of music - up to 192/24 without any issues. My first soundcheck with the new DAC is very promising… Will use the weekend and enjoy re-discovering my music…

Have received my WIIM Pro+ today and after updating to the newest firmware (build date 08.09.2023) the integration into my LMS infrastructure was done within a minute 👌. Now I play via my iPeng player on the iPhone my Best-Of music - up to 192/24 without any issues. My first soundcheck with the new DAC is very promising… Will use the weekend and enjoy re-discovering my music…
there are so many date formats... is that Sept 8 OR Aug 9?
Thanks

Not saying this will fix but check the player settings in LMS. Is it set to direct streaming or Proxied?
Confirmed this was set for direct streaming.

Also what bitrate do you have set in LMS for Qobuz and what bitrate is the stuff you are playing?
Confirmed this was set for 24>96, was trying to play all different sample rates from the Qobuz New Releases.

In other words is LMS sending more than the WiiM can cope with?
Perhaps, as I mentioned this morning one oddity I noticed late last night in playing to an RPi 4B instance of Moode and it's Squeezelite renderer, all Qobuz tracks were playing at 384kHz according to the display on the connected DAC. Thats a new phenomenon for sure. Further investigation of that this evening shows the LMS Radio Paradise app plays at 352.8kHz according to the DAC. LMS Material only displays the native sample rates playing and not any upsampled rates.

With that in mind I shut down the LMS producing the Qobuz white noise on the WiiM Pro plus which runs on an instance of Ubuntu/ARM for Raspberry Pi 4B, and instead launched the LMS on my MacBook Air.

The LMS on the MacBook Air works no problems with the WiiM Pro Plus and Qobuz. So this phenomenon is isolated to the LMS on my Raspberry Pi 4B/Ubuntu instance, which I've not had any previous problems with. Again the apparent upsampling I see when playing to the Moode Squeezelite instance is a new thing, but exactly how new I'm not sure as I had mostly been using LMS' UPnP Bridge together with the Moode UPnP renderer prior to this, while awaiting the WiiM firmware update to fully enable Squeezelite.

This upsampling phenomenon with Moode might be unrelated to the trouble I'm having with the white noise on Qobuz playback with the Ubuntu instance of LMS, Moode is using an older version of Squeezelite (v1.9.8-1317), but I'd tend to think they are related and you are correct in thinking I was sending the WiiM Pro Plus sample rates it doesn't support.

In looking through various other settings though, it isn't clear to me why that is happening, and Material does not display anything but the native sample rates during playback.

After switching to the LMS on the MacBook Air, the Moode Squeezelite renderer does send the proper sample rates to the DAC.

Confirmed this was set for direct streaming.

Confirmed this was set for 24>96, was trying to play all different sample rates from the Qobuz New Releases.

Perhaps, as I mentioned this morning one oddity I noticed late last night in playing to an RPi 4B instance of Moode and it's Squeezelite renderer, all Qobuz tracks were playing at 384kHz according to the display on the connected DAC. Thats a new phenomenon for sure. Further investigation of that this evening shows the LMS Radio Paradise app plays at 352.8kHz according to the DAC. LMS Material only displays the native sample rates playing and not any upsampled rates.

With that in mind I shut down the LMS producing the Qobuz white noise on the WiiM Pro plus which runs on an instance of Ubuntu/ARM for Raspberry Pi 4B, and instead launched the LMS on my MacBook Air.

The LMS on the MacBook Air works no problems with the WiiM Pro Plus and Qobuz. So this phenomenon is isolated to the LMS on my Raspberry Pi 4B/Ubuntu instance, which I've not had any previous problems with. Again the apparent upsampling I see when playing to the Moode Squeezelite instance is a new thing, but exactly how new I'm not sure as I had mostly been using LMS' UPnP Bridge together with the Moode UPnP renderer prior to this, while awaiting the WiiM firmware update to fully enable Squeezelite.

This upsampling phenomenon with Moode might be unrelated to the trouble I'm having with the white noise on Qobuz playback with the Ubuntu instance of LMS, Moode is using an older version of Squeezelite (v1.9.8-1317), but I'd tend to think they are related and you are correct in thinking I was sending the WiiM Pro Plus sample rates it doesn't support.

In looking through various other settings though, it isn't clear to me why that is happening, and Material does not display anything but the native sample rates during playback.

After switching to the LMS on the MacBook Air, the Moode Squeezelite renderer does send the proper sample rates to the DAC.
Have you got a spare SD card? If so try piCorePlayer. I’m wondering whether it might have something to do with Perl version which on Ubuntu may very well be different to the norm.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Ok that's quite old. Is it really not supported or is something just not working?
One alternative could be to run LMS in a docker container, but I guess you would also need to look for an older docker version...

Ok that's quite old. Is it really not supported or is something just not working?
One alternative could be to run LMS in a docker container, but I guess you would also need to look for an older docker version...
Thanks, Yep don't really use the computer anymore do everything by tablet. Just wanted to check out LMS.

Have you got a spare SD card? If so try piCorePlayer. I’m wondering whether it might have something to do with Perl version which on Ubuntu may very well be different to the norm.
Yes and the LMS on pCP is also sending the correct Qobuz sample rates to the Moode Squeezelite renderer, as well as playing Qobuz properly at up to 192khz sample rate to the WiiM Pro Plus Squeezelite renderer.

So it's down to that Ubuntu instance of LMS. I know I would not have ever been trying to setup any upsampling with that unit, but since most of my previous use was with the DLNA/UPnP Bridge, I'm wondering now if it's possible I never had it setup right for Squeezelite renderers? I kind of doubt that, and the DAC connected to the Moode Squeezelite instance has a large easy to read display of sample rate you can see from across the room, seems unlikely I never would have noticed upsampling to 384kHz in the past.

Thanks, Yep don't really use the computer anymore do everything by tablet. Just wanted to check out LMS.
If you don’t mind wiping clean the Mac Mini - Daphile runs on older Macs just fine and will give you a pretty speedy LMS. Might run from a USB stick if I remember and you can test before installing to the internal storage. It’s Intel, I presume.

Yes and the LMS on pCP is also sending the correct Qobuz sample rates to the Moode Squeezelite renderer, as well as playing Qobuz properly at up to 192khz sample rate to the WiiM Pro Plus Squeezelite renderer.

So it's down to that Ubuntu instance of LMS. I know I would not have ever been trying to setup any upsampling with that unit, but since most of my previous use was with the DLNA/UPnP Bridge, I'm wondering now if it's possible I never had it setup right for Squeezelite renderers? I kind of doubt that, and the DAC connected to the Moode Squeezelite instance has a large easy to read display of sample rate you can see from across the room, seems unlikely I never would have noticed upsampling to 384kHz in the past.
I have been thinking about this and I doubt it’s LMS per se that is the culprit. Something odd about the Ubuntu on Pi install.
I don’t think it’s possible to not set things up correctly for Squeezelite. It’s a given.

No such LMS Qobuz issue here.
Me neither - Qobuz, Lms, Pro Plus all working well

Turns out this issue was caused entirely by user error/careless use of the LMS -> Plugins enable settings, somehow I had managed to tick the box enabling something called C-3PO, which was upsampling everything to 384kHz.

So no issue at all with Ubuntu, nor the WiiM Pro Plus, everything normal again after disabling C-3PO.

What integration is required on the LMS side? Removing UPnP/DLNA bridge?

What integration is required on the LMS side? Removing UPnP/DLNA bridge?
None. It's the protocol native to LMS. The WiiM will appear as if by magic. You CAN remove the bridge(s), but not necessary.

None. It's the protocol native to LMS. The WiiM will appear as if by magic. You CAN remove the bridge(s), but not necessary.
Just for fun I removed the bridge plug-in from LMS and now it’s not working at all. Am I missing something?

Back