Support for plex

Resolved. I think that codec dependency was just a coincidence.
I’ve stuck on 2.1.13.2 for now as playback was stopping mid track, not advancing to the next track etc with .6. If I get time, I’ll setup logging and maybe try .6 again. I tend to listen most of time to mixed playlists so seldom encounter short or gapless tracks.

I’ve stuck on 2.1.13.2 for now as playback was stopping mid track, not advancing to the next track etc with .6. If I get time, I’ll setup logging and maybe try .6 again. I tend to listen most of time to mixed playlists so seldom encounter short or gapless tracks.
I had my playlist working on the Mini for few hours without an issue. Unfortunately it had stopped at some point on the Pro. Somehow Mini is more stable here.

I had my playlist working on the Mini for few hours without an issue. Unfortunately it had stopped at some point on the Pro. Somehow Mini is more stable here.
Thanks, I think I experienced the issue on both my Pro and Mini. I’ll try .6 again when I’ve got a few hours to mess around with it.

Thanks, I think I experienced the issue on both my Pro and Mini. I’ll try .6 again when I’ve got a few hours to mess around with it.
Playback stopped after almost 2 hours on the Pro in the most recent test. I consider it as a good result as those tracks were mostly between 9 and 15 seconds.

With PnP/DLNA bridge 2.1.13.6 I've still got an issue where the first track of an album is sometimes skipped. Maybe we should move these issues to the LMS/Squeezelite Support Mini thread though.

Even though I don't want to get my hopes up for Plex support anytime soon 😔

With PnP/DLNA bridge 2.1.13.6 I've still got an issue where the first track of an album is sometimes skipped. Maybe we should move these issues to the LMS/Squeezelite Support Mini thread though.

Even though I don't want to get my hopes up for Plex support anytime soon 😔
You should register and post in LMS forums - Philippe will look at logs - no point in posting here at all

It seems like he's working around the clock to get fixes done.. However, I'm glad I got my hands on another Raspberry Pi running Plexamp headless. Really, just for playing local music from my NAS, it's just a much nicer experience overall than LMS - and I'm not even talking about the UPnP Bridge bugs.

I'm still loving the WiiM Pro of course - both for Chromecast and Spotify connect. (if they finally launch a hi-fi option next week, I'll be an even happier man)

It seems like he's working around the clock to get fixes done.. However, I'm glad I got my hands on another Raspberry Pi running Plexamp headless. Really, just for playing local music from my NAS, it's just a much nicer experience overall than LMS - and I'm not even talking about the UPnP Bridge bugs.

I'm still loving the WiiM Pro of course - both for Chromecast and Spotify connect. (if they finally launch a hi-fi option next week, I'll be an even happier man)
You should be able to install squeezelite alongside PlexAmp on the PI and get the full LMS experience.

You should be able to install squeezelite alongside PlexAmp on the PI and get the full LMS experience.
Oh yes, so the Raspberry shows up as a native Squeezebox device? I'll give it a go maybe ;)

Wanted to add my vote for native Plexaamp support on WiiM.

The experience is much, much better than streaming music via standard Plex. Beyond the fact that "sweet fades" are awesome for any party mix, the sonic profiles, features like "time travel" radio, and how it rotates tracks based on ratings and frequency can't be beat.

I've read that Chromecast doesn't support sweet fades, so planning to buy a WiiM this week to use alongside my RaspberryPi headless Plexamp, but would love to just use a WiiM for everything so my wife & kids can use the app to switch between TuneIn, iHeart, Spotify, etc. when they're by the pool, instead of having to physically switch between the Plexamp on the Pi and everything else on the WiiM. Thanks!

Wanted to add my vote for native Plexaamp support on WiiM.

The experience is much, much better than streaming music via standard Plex. Beyond the fact that "sweet fades" are awesome for any party mix, the sonic profiles, features like "time travel" radio, and how it rotates tracks based on ratings and frequency can't be beat.

I've read that Chromecast doesn't support sweet fades, so planning to buy a WiiM this week to use alongside my RaspberryPi headless Plexamp, but would love to just use a WiiM for everything so my wife & kids can use the app to switch between TuneIn, iHeart, Spotify, etc. when they're by the pool, instead of having to physically switch between the Plexamp on the Pi and everything else on the WiiM. Thanks!
Hear hear!!

I'm glad I was able to buy back my Raspberry Pi setup from the same guy, just for Plexamp. And just like you intend to do, the WiiM Pro takes care of all other online services.

But still, would be nice to combine all of that into one box.

Last edited:
Hear hear!!

I'm glad I was able to buy back my Raspberry Pi setup from the same guy, just for Plexamp. And just like you intend to do, the WiiM Pro takes care of all other online services.

But still, would be nice to combine all of that into one box.
I'm waiting on this as well but have been eyeballing the WiiM Pro. I'll wait to hear some sort of confirmation before I order one.
Main focus for me is to use plexamp features (not just Plex for people that think they are the same) through the WiiM as I use my phone for the remote. The Wiim needs to take my .flac's from NAS and stream them to my receiver digitally which will byass any DAC the WiiM has (if any).
PlexAmp features were worth a lifetime pass alone and can't wait to direct stream my flac's using plexamp features with the WiiM if it becomes available. The PI can do it but something alot easier to setup would be nice and is why I'm willing to spend money on the WiiM to do so if they somehow get the the two to work seamlessly.

Last edited:
I have rigged up a work around to get Plexamp into my WiiM ecosphere without the limitations of Chromecast, it's as follows. Old spare iPhone>Camera adapter>USB out>USB to optical adapter>SPDIF in on WiiM Pro with SPDIF in auto select mode. The IPhone's Plexamp app is controlled by companion app on an iPad or my Android phone. This allows you route everything through the WiiM including multi room if wanted. All you have to do is fire up the Plexamp app and enjoy Plexamp's way of doing things.

I have rigged up a work around to get Plexamp into my WiiM ecosphere without the limitations of Chromecast, it's as follows. Old spare iPhone>Camera adapter>USB out>USB to optical adapter>SPDIF in on WiiM Pro with SPDIF in auto select mode. The IPhone's Plexamp app is controlled by companion app on an iPad or my Android phone. This allows you route everything through the WiiM including multi room if wanted. All you have to do is fire up the Plexamp app and enjoy Plexamp's way of doing things.

I’ve purchased a WiiM pro to see if I could make something work, but chose to return it since the features are mostly of no use to me. I have a marantz receiver that already has most everything the WiiM does built in. Including access to my .flac albums with gapless playback. The only reason I need something else is Plexamp features. Specifically, fading between songs, and stations/playlists of my music.

Can you advise what is the max bitrate that you can get out of the iPhone doing it that way?

Can you advise what is the max bitrate that you can get out of the iPhone doing it that way?
As you can see from the photo it's 192/24. I took a leap of faith when buying the adaptor because many of the reviews said it couldn't do 192/24, however, it does as my photo shows and to my ears there is no loss of SQ.

Attachments

• 16893430155478882881817169652076.jpg
    16893430155478882881817169652076.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2023-07-14-14-48-57-930_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-14-14-48-57-930_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 8
Back