Updated Windows Wiim App

dssme

Major Contributor
I happened to take a look at the windows app and found it has been updated to 0.15 beta
There is finally some usable settings accessible from your windows machine

Highly recommended

I happened to take a look at the windows app and found it has been updated to 0.15 beta

Highly recommended
1700029442908.png

Do the updates happen automatically? I am hard wired to the internet from my Wiim Pro.

Do the updates happen automatically? I am hard wired to the internet from my Wiim Pro.
You need to periodically check the desktop beta version links, so no. The mobile apps can be automatically updated if you have that preference set in your app store

Yeah, what Brantome said

I'm referring to the control app on Windows
The last version (0.13beta) had virtually no control over Wiim settings
I wasn't notified by Wiim about the update to the Windows control app and the Wiim settings don't show the status here
This is why I made this post after checking the download page of the Windows app and seeing these new capabilities

Still a must have for Windows app users

I have latest app (windows 10), just hangs at start, it is pretty useless so far i must say. I have a smb external harddrive, it reads the library but it is unable to play it. Using bubble UpnP solves the issue.
But why the wiim app can read a list all music in an external harddrive but play them, strange, but I found the windows app pretty buggy and slow.

I would not recommend it.

The desktop apps are still in beta, but as you've found you can use your client of choice to play music to your WiiM device.

Highly recommended
Still no music service integration IE Qobuz

The desktop apps are still in beta, but as you've found you can use your client of choice to play music to your WiiM device.
Yes, but why releasing a Windows app if things do not work at all. At Beta stadium, some things should work, I can only go into settings at that works, but impossible to play songs.
Anyway, I can not use the PC app to play music.

I had the sonos app and that worked fine.

Am I correct in thinking I cannot use windows computer to control qobuz with Wiim?

Am I correct in thinking I cannot use windows computer to control qobuz with Wiim?
Yeah, the beta WiiM Home app for Windows doesn’t support Qobuz and the Qobuz app doesn’t yet have a Connect feature.

Last edited:
Thanks bud, think that is a deal breaker for me, pity, the mini does its job so well.

Thanks bud, think that is a deal breaker for me, pity, the mini does its job so well.
Yeah, up until recently you could run the Android WiiM Home app under the Windows Subsystem for Android, but recent changes by Microsoft to the latter’s networking messed that up which has really upset a lot of developers.

I’d give Qobuz a couple of months to see if they manage to release their Connect mechanism in general and in particular for their Windows app, and maybe then you could reconsider a WiiM device.

Yeah, up until recently you could run the Android WiiM Home app under the Windows Subsystem for Android, but recent changes by Microsoft to the latter’s networking messed that up which has really upset a lot of developers.

I’d give Qobuz a couple of months to see if they manage to release their Connect mechanism in general and in particular for their Windows app, and maybe then you could reconsider a WiiM device.
It is that or buy myself a cheap android tablet, I find it awkward using the phone but a big 10inch tablet might be better, wait to try it on daughters tablet New Years day!

Only drawback on Android is that the WiiM Home app doesn’t support landscape mode like it does on iOS, but there’s another app that can provide landscape mode if you wish

Will give it a go got 30 days to return Wiim and I would rather not if I can find a happy compromised. Really impressed with it going into a Mojo 2 and then amp.

there’s another app that can provide landscape mode if you wish
Please would you elaborate. What's the other app?
(I like to use my Android tablet with the power lead coming in the top, but the WiiM home app doesn't re-orientate when I swing the tablet "upside down", as all other apps do. Can anyone suggest why WiiM impose this restriction on their app?)

Please would you elaborate. What's the other app?
(I like to use my Android tablet with the power lead coming in the top, but the WiiM home app doesn't re-orientate when I swing the tablet "upside down", as all other apps do. Can anyone suggest why WiiM impose this restriction on their app?)
One such app is ”Control Screen Rotation”.

Wiim haven’t imposed the restriction, they’ve just not developed the Android app to be a universal portrait/landscape app, but hopefully they will at some point.

It is that or buy myself a cheap android tablet, I find it awkward using the phone but a big 10inch tablet might be better, wait to try it on daughters tablet New Years day!
The Amazon Fire tablet is a good inexpensive solution

Back