Updated Windows Wiim App

I happened to take a look at the windows app and found it has been updated to 0.15 beta
There is finally some usable settings accessible from your windows machine

Highly recommended
I just loaded the WiiM W11 app and I am not happy with it because it doesn't have all the functionality of the Apple Phone App. No search feature is worthless.

Hi, WiiM Team,

I visited here for the first time since I purchased nearly a year ago. It seems that the Windows version did not progress much. Why is this? I would appreciate your continued efforts both for us and for you, as it would add a lot of value to your products.

Additionally, I let you know that the downloaded 0.15exe was detected as a virus by McAfee.

Additionally, I let you know that the downloaded 0.15exe was detected as a virus by McAfee.
Don't forget to tell McAfee about this.

I'm genuinely surprised how many people seem to care about the desktop app at all.

My personal preference would be a web app running on the device itself, similar to how Lyngdorf do it. This could be used from mobile devices and computers just the same. But I suppose the WiiM hardware is lacking the power for such an approach.

I'm genuinely surprised how many people seem to care about the desktop app at all.
Hi, harkpabst,

In my case, when I use audio system, I am always working in front of a desktop PC. The PC has a large screen, a keyboard, and a mouse, and ready to respond. So, to me, it is much easier to use a PC, if possible, than to look for a tablet or phone, open it, and select the app.

What is your listening style? Are you sitting in a chair dedicated to your audio system, holding a tablet/ phone on your palm?

I'm a new WiiM Pro Plus owner, and very happy to see that there is a PC version of the WiiM Home app!

Can anyone tell me how can I tell what version I have?
Most PC applications have a Help menu with an About section that will identify the installed version number.

BTW, I'm with AirPlants on this:
In my case, when I use audio system, I am always working in front of a desktop PC. The PC has a large screen, a keyboard, and a mouse, and ready to respond. So, to me, it is much easier to use a PC, if possible, than to look for a tablet or phone, open it, and select the app.

I'm a new WiiM Pro Plus owner, and very happy to see that there is a PC version of the WiiM Home app!

Most PC applications have a Help menu with an About section that will identify the installed version number.

The .exe file suggests v0.1.5.

As said above, it’s still very much a beta and you’d get a much better experience imho using a phone or tablet.

Hi, if you type "wiim" in the search box next to the Windows logo in the left-down corner of your screen, you will find the downloaded setup exe file with the version name.

No version information to be found in the GUI. Neither the Windows installer (WiiM Home Setup Beta v0.1.5.exe) nor the actual executable (WiiM Home.exe) contain a version number in their properties. They do however both have digital signatures, dating from 2023-09-20 in both cases.

And no, I never listen to music through my WiiM device when working on a PC. Even if I did I would rather grab the remote or my phone for controlling the device. If I have to interrupt my work anyway, at least my desktop can remain as is.

Each to their own, of course, but I see a clear mobile first strategy from WiiM's part.

I use Amazon cast to play on the Wiim pro using the fire tablet , no Wiim app needed, when I go to the Wiim app on my iPhone it connects showing full information

Ah ha. The WiiM app on my iPhone works much better -- shows album art and etc.

Sigh. I would prefer to use the PC desktop application (since my fingers are already glued to my keyboard) but I guess the phone will have to do for now. Hopefully WiiM will enhance the PC app.

Ah ha. The WiiM app on my iPhone works much better -- shows album art and etc.

Sigh. I would prefer to use the PC desktop application (since my fingers are already glued to my keyboard) but I guess the phone will have to do for now. Hopefully WiiM will enhance the PC app.
I have my phone on a stand next to my PC monitor, so it's basically a little remote for the WiiM while I'm using the PC :)

New to Wiim, and love mostly all things about it (Mini, just ordered Mini Pro): more than redbook CD quality (see below re: Airplay 1 and Airport Expresses).

I'm writing in the interest of bug reporting for the Windows Home (beta) app. "Home Server" doesn't find my Plex music server at all, just goes round and round. The iOS version does fine.

Regarding an earlier comment ("I'm genuinely surprised how many people seem to care about the desktop app at all."), I'm moving from an iTunes multiroom (Airplay 1, Airport Expresses) setup, and my significant other is accustomed to it, and only uses it from the desktop. Changing things up is a household issue for some, so when the W-11 app matures, she'll be happy ;>) Until then, two app avenues iTunes and Wiim.

Back