USB output

"niche"....lower production volume..more expensive...
;-)
you changed your "usb only", it's good but makes my point even more illusible.. it's not nice, and I don't need that to look like an idiot ... ;-))

so then...why this "usb"?
do you prefer it for use in direct comparison to coaxial at constant condions?
what specific cases?

Where did I write usb only?

Above I wrote …adding… not only, or subtracting. Just for the record.

"niche"....lower production volume..more expensive...
;-)
you changed your "usb only", it's good but makes my point even more illusible.. it's not nice ;-)

so then...why this "usb"?
do you prefer it for use in direct comparison to coaxial at constant condions?
Look if you don’t like usb don’t turn us like you that don’t want/like. Each one of us has its own personal preference. Usb is one of the most requested feature. It’s standard connection to modern home audio replacing legacy coax and toslink much like hdmi replace component video connection.

I suppose you ought to know. But what about the current Pro with just usb added? 20cents more ok?

I am being facetious to counter your WiiM marketing insider plan. :)
I don't understand...

but of course the usb will probably not cost much to be added on the electronic side.. if not redo design a new box etc.
I that I haven't grasped for months is the instance on this "lack"...
and I have little explanation of the extreme interest of this audio output connection..
you also kick in touch it seems

Where did I write usb only?

Above I wrote …adding… not only, or subtracting. Just for the record.
seemed to me to have read a "usb only at 150dollars"...(thanks to the economy)..explain my reaction..
but i'm having trouble reading...

Look if you don’t like usb don’t turn us like you that don’t want/like. Each one of us has its own personal preference. Usb is one of the most requested feature. It’s standard connection to modern home audio replacing legacy coax and toslink much like hdmi replace component video connection.
Some do not seem to understand what is obvious and long discussed and in typical internet fiefdom push against it.

seemed to me to have read a "usb only at 150dollars"...(thanks to the economy)..explain my reaction..but i'm having trouble reading...
You either read more carefully or stop putting words in other people’s posts.

You either read more carefully or stop putting words in other people’s posts.
funny..before discovering the asr the associated chinoix dacs, the returns of the i2s connections etc..i observed for many years the opposite in circles of audiophiles say very hdg, the refusal of the usb because finding it sound less good. .so can this be discussed? Where are my questions?
without answers...

if it is only to repeat the "one told me" "I read that" "you understand the spdif limited to 192k"" etc

This has been discussed to ad nauseum. Please educate yourself or stop the sarcasm and high fallutin marketing statements.

He's the only one that write that kind of grammar. The same way morillon write his maybe because it’s the same person.

This has been discussed to ad nauseum. Please educate yourself or stop the sarcasm and high fallutin marketing statements.
I don't think I know these things any less than you...
but I'm asking you about your own experience.. it interests me.. really..
not " they say"..

Last edited:
Team said that it plans to equip WiiM devices with USB output in the near future. So do we need to continue the futile discussion here? You guys seem to be wasting your time.😅

L'équipe a déclaré qu'elle prévoyait d'équiper les appareils WiiM d'une sortie USB dans un proche avenir. Alors, devons-nous continuer la discussion futile ici? Vous semblez perdre votre temps.😅
yes...of course

Wiim would make even greater sales and revenue if usb was added on pro plus for those want/need them.

The only reason I would also like having USB out is the much more greater choice of stuff to play around with. 😉
Even a bunch of non-chinois items deliver the astronomical high and absolute senseless highest resolution up to 798. For me and my decent equipment and ears CD quality is more than enough. I do not hear any difference!! But I want to be able to try.
If improvement is theoretically possible and I can afford that it is fine and a want-to-have. Headroom for further sensational developments.
And with USB out the possible number of toys increase in undreamt-of possibilities. Cleaners, noise destroyers, clockwork oranges and so on. So much to play for some and to measure for others. Paradisal circumstances.

Wiim would make even greater sales and revenue if usb was added on pro plus for those want/need them.
Maybe, but one major critism of the pro was its dac / analog stage.
I applaud wiim for both acknowledging and addressing that issue.
Making such an update to an existing product is obviously easier than incorporating a new connection (and you're all bound to want it to be galvanically isolated!).

Maybe, but one major critism of the pro was its dac / analog stage.
I applaud wiim for both acknowledging and addressing that issue.
Making such an update to an existing product is obviously easier than incorporating a new connection (and you're all bound to want it to be galvanically isolated!).
in doubt whether present on the dac side:
insulation that could be integrated in the future on the coaxial too (because it does not seem to be the case in pro ( plus ? .. to be checked))
ps I also find that the reaction of wiim concerning the fact of reacting in this way concerning the analog output aspect of the pro (which may have just not been a slightly cleaner rereading of the mini on this very limited output) really reviewed , not at the margin, really to be welcomed... not a vague "SE"...
;-)

Last edited:
I would like to see usb interface in the WiiM, but as the input with loopback output.

Let's stop the stupidity. WiiM was told on day 1 that a USB-C data output was needed. They seem to have a comprehension problem that prohibits them from understanding that request. The Pro+ doesn't require an external design change so adding a better DAC was an easier solution for those who couldn't afford or comprehend why an external one was desired. WiiM is making it seem that adding a USB-C data output would cause major design changes to the external shape of the unit and it is a cost that they don't want to make.

Back