weight of wiim home..

canard

Major Contributor
I haven't used my mini for a long time...
my recently played was empty (entry by entry since still no other possibilities)...
I only do updates but I noticed an extreme increase in my wiim home application on my android phone...
it has become quite huge at almost 1g...!
is this normal?
why such a burden?
thanks
;-)

I haven't used my mini for a long time...
my recently played was empty (entry by entry since still no other possibilities)...
I only do updates but I noticed an extreme increase in my wiim home application on my android phone...
it has become quite huge at almost 1g...!
is this normal?
why such a burden?
thanks
;-)
The latest version of the WHA is 97 MB in size. In your case, you may have more user data or cache. I think deleting the cache or reinstalling it will help.

By the way, my WHA is 400MB in total.

cache of what?
i don't use it since many months... just updates...
;-)
a cache that accumulates updates? without emptying gradually?
uninstall now...
(will come back only if a pro plus come)

Last edited:
cache of what?
i don't use it since many months... just updates...
;-)
a cache that accumulates updates? without emptying gradually?
uninstall now...
(will come back only if a pro plus come)
Can you view the contents of storage in "App Information" in WHA? There you can see the amount of user data and cache. (Specifications may vary depending on the phone)

In any case, uninstalling it will solve it.

I don't know anything about computers but I doubt when uninstalling I will fix the thing..

but my point was essentially to point it out because it seems to me to be anormal behavior... to know if others observe it..? and maybe report it to “wiim support”..

It's not unusual at all for this kind of app. I'd imagine most of the caching will be of album artwork.

Mine is relatively small because I don't use the WiiM app :)

1000005987.png

i don t use it since many months and it not so so big at this time..and before i use it only for radio with any datas, icecast ( too bad :-( )
0.96 giga...
( android)

I don't know anything about computers but I doubt when uninstalling I will fix the thing..

but my point was essentially to point it out because it seems to me to be anormal behavior... to know if others observe it..? and maybe report it to “wiim support”..
Uninstalling will remove the cache so will more than likely ”fix the thing”. Try it.

Plus as pointed out, it’s not abnormal behaviour - it’s fairly typical of all apps which use temporary storage but don’t for various reasons have a means of clearing down that temporary storage, or might for valid reasons (like album artwork etc) wish to retain it. If it was abnormal, then Android wouldn’t offer the option under app settings to clear such cache.

If you have an issue with it, then you can of course report it yourself to WiiM

The latest version of the WHA is 97 MB in size. In your case, you may have more user data or cache. I think deleting the cache or reinstalling it will help.

By the way, my WHA is 400MB in total.
Yeah, mine was too, but I cleared the cache and reduced it to 109MB. It’s made no difference to my app on the surface - my preferences, presets etc are all still there as they’ll be preserved in user data, not cache.

Pretty standard android app behaviour with little else to observe…

to move things forward..in my case..it can't be due to cover data etc..so I imagine it can only be the accumulated updates etc..
and for the moment it can be at the wiim home to clean this hides all the more since it does not offer the possibility of getting an old one update..
maybe I am talking nonsense, but I see only that in my case...

to move things forward..in my case..it can't be due to cover data etc..so I imagine it can only be the accumulated updates etc..
and for the moment it can be at the wiim home to clean this hides all the more since it does not offer the possibility of getting an old one update..
maybe I am talking nonsense, but I see only that in my case...
If you can't sleep at night because of worry,

Please reinstall WHA and check storage. After that, leave the app for a week without opening it once. After one week, check the WHA storage and compare it to the value from one week ago. If something goes wrong with the WHA (or your phone), your storage capacity may be increasing significantly again.

If you can't sleep at night because of worry,

Please reinstall WHA and check storage. After that, leave the app for a week without opening it once. After one week, check the WHA storage and compare it to the value from one week ago. If something goes wrong with the WHA (or your phone), your storage capacity may be increasing significantly again.
hihi...
you know I took the time to share this observation. even though I no longer use wiim.. for the exchange and to see if possible to make progress on the thing.. so I will leave it there....
maybe the question will rest for me if the "plus" will be mature audio rating and I buy one...
;-)

Back