What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Wiiim will eventually have streamer that has all connections imaginable and maybe with room correction Dirac. From that point it’s end game for everyone.

Wiiim will eventually have streamer that has all connections imaginable and maybe with room correction Dirac. From that point it’s end game for everyone.
Well, you do realise that it would cost an awful lot more than current models with users potentially only using a fraction of all the available connections? Plus it’d be bigger than the biggest Denon AVR you’ve ever seen and need a small power generator of its own ;) :)

Such an "end game" ( which never really is an end) would cost significant more than WiiMs business idea for a cheap streamer. And if one is prepared to pay let's say more than 1500 €/£/$ he does not have to wait for WiiM. Such stuff is available already.

Well, you do realise that it would cost an awful lot more than current models with users potentially only using a fraction of all the available connections? Plus it’d be bigger than the biggest Denon AVR you’ve ever seen and need a small power generator of its own ;) :)
Minus amp, just streamer with the connections that users would want to see. Of course that would raise a cost as long is not by thousands then I’m ok with that. I heard speakers, amp that cost as much as exotic car but did sound superior than what I have at home. The law of diminishing return. Often times we pay exotic price just to get that remaining 10 percent.

Such an "end game" ( which never really is an end) would cost significant more than WiiMs business idea for a cheap streamer. And if one is prepared to pay let's say more than 1500 €/£/$ he does not have to wait for WiiM. Such stuff is available already.
There’s lots of out there that are expensive like naim, hifi rose and sure there’s improvements on their design but the question is it worth paying that exotic price just to get the last ounce of juice? In general population most won’t as they argue that they can’t hear difference due to their aging ear.

@Smartplug
It is up to everyone what he wants and what he is able to spend. My education and experience always told me "if you buy cheap you will buy twice". For me cheap AND good solutions (for streaming) are items like the WiiMs or a Cambridge MXN10, a little bit pricier an iFi Neo Stream (with all the connections you want 😉), my wife's 😂 Naim Unity Atom is a bit above and if it has to be even more better and extremely pricier one will end with f.e. Lumin or Linn. But that makes only sense if this gems are partnered with adequate items.
So in real life it is up to everyone's priority and financial situation at which point cheap, affordable, expensive, extremely expensive and lunatic begins. Since years I do not answer questions what f.e. the price for a new cartridge was. No danger to be asked that for streamers.

Some streamer has great hardware but only let down by software. What makes wiim different is the constant updates that include bug fixing as well as added features at friendly price. I’m wiim lifetime customer.

For me as lifetime Rooner 😉 all this software stuff is obsolete. And I really do not know if so frequent firmware updates or bugfixes are signs of excellence...
Edit: The last so highly awaited firmware update left me once more thinking that one hole is closed and others appear.

Excellent point. There are already products out there that do what a lot of people request here. A lot of requests are made by those that are excited about what we already have and suggest improvements. In my case firmware increased the value of the Pros to me and I just bought 2 more. I don't think it was WiiMs intention to obsolete the Mini (as far as Squeezelite firmware), but lower price and therefore lesser hardware did not allow the upgrade (as of now).

Because of the price, $99 and $150, I made the decision to convert 6 existing audio stations to streaming. If the price for a decent device was $500 or more, I probably would not have been able to add streaming to all six stereos. And it would hurt a lot more to have to replace an expensive unit or 2 for an extra feature.

The price point and quality of the WiiM is just right. A lot of us are getting use to a device that has hardly any controls and is accessed by a phone or tablet. I think the WiiM Amp is a good idea for casual users, so a unit with an amp and volume control seems like a good idea, but even that product will be accessed with a phone or tablet for content selection, so the volume could be adjusted by the app or WiiM Remote.

My point is that there is not much of a need to access the physical WiiM and I am rethinking that a premium box is necessary? Other then no USB digital out, I think the current Pro is great, but if I was to install it out of site, like behind the amp, I would want it as small as possible.

I am curious if most users want to see their WiiM or would hide it if it was not necessary to touch it? Anyway, whatever new products come out, I think this headless design is WiiMs future and new features will be in the internals and firmware.

After you setup your system, it all comes down to the user experience, and that is the sound quality and how you enjoy using the app. The WiiM Home App works very well, but could use a few tweaks like an alphabet indexer when scrolling a long list of artists or albums. It would also be nice to be able to pool Previously Listened to, and Playlists across several phone or tablet devices (user choice). There are a few other ideas, but the app overall works great.

There was a lot of excitement when WiiM announced upcoming Squeezelite support. There are several apps out there that have a better user experience then the WHA but are dependent on using the Logitech Media Server (low cost hardware and free software). This was possible before the Squeezelite firmware, but required 2 buggy "plugins". I questioned if the new firmware would eliminate the need for the 2 plugins. It did eliminate the one plugin so the Logitech apps see the WiiM devices.

If you want to use a LMS type app AND need to use the WHA for some applications, you still need to use the other plugin so that the WiiM can see your LMS music library, but that plugin is buggy and obsolete. I don't know if that plugin is open source, but it would be nice if someone tried to fix it so it displays Album Artist rather then (or in addition to) (song) Artists.

The Pro Plus is also a great idea. A better DAC without much more cost. And audiophiles can sill use an external DAC if they want.

Like I said, I think the current approach with some tweaking will make WiiM hard to beat. Small, headless, and low cost.

What’s wrong with it? Have you reported your issue to Wiim via the feedback section in the Wiim Home app?
I think they haven’t learn it yet. Before posting the issue on this forum make sure they submitted a feedback from wiim app because that’s the first thing you will say. Lol

I think they haven’t learn it yet. Before posting the issue on this forum make sure they submitted a feedback from wiim app because that’s the first thing you will say. Lol
at first I didn't know if my problems were known issues, something I did wrong, or something that needs a ticket. I see why me and other forum members test the water here. I did. I still do.

I was thinking about future WiiM products, and the history so far: small and light streamer; larger and more complete streamer (with remote), enhanced DAC, add an amp. So far it has been integrating more and more functionality in the newer products. So a more high end digital transport streamer or even my AV processor ideas seem to go against the flow, too niche so to say.

So what is next after integrating an amp? Well, the speaker, of course. WiiM Speaker could be a pair of active bookshelf speakers, digital crossover, DSP tuned, a DAC + class D per driver, sub out RCA, and of course the WiiM streaming capabilities as input. Flat frequency response, smooth lateral dispersion (NFS optimized), say a 6.5" inch woofer and a waveguided tweeter, ported enclosure. Black piano or satin walnut finishes. You know, all the current basic must haves. :D

Edit: how cool would it be to use the WiiM software to generate sweeps, use the remote mic as input, and use the app to set a target and it suggests the room EQ as PEQ parameters??

Last edited:
I was thinking about future WiiM products, and the history so far: small and light streamer; larger and more complete streamer (with remote), enhanced DAC, add an amp. So far it has been integrating more and more functionality in the newer products. So a more high end digital transport streamer or even my AV processor ideas seem to go against the flow, too niche so to say.

So what is next after integrating an amp? Well, the speaker, of course. WiiM Speaker could be a pair of active bookshelf speakers, digital crossover, DSP tuned, a DAC + class D per driver, sub out RCA, and of course the WiiM streaming capabilities as input. Flat frequency response, smooth lateral dispersion (NFS optimized), say a 6.5" inch woofer and a waveguided tweeter, ported enclosure. Black piano or satin walnut finishes. You know, all the current basic must haves. :D

Edit: how cool would it be to use the WiiM software to generate sweeps, use the remote mic as input, and use the app to set a target and it suggests the room EQ as PEQ parameters??
Hi Matias,

We appreciate your well-considered proposal; it resonates with our goals.

Our WiiM devices come equipped with a built-in microphone specifically designed for downstream audio chain latency measurement. We have plans to leverage this feature for room measurement and automatic Parametric EQ (PEQ) adjustments for room correction. This is on our development roadmap.

Our WiiM devices come equipped with a built-in microphone specifically designed for downstream audio chain latency measurement. We have plans to leverage this feature for room measurement and automatic Parametric EQ (PEQ) adjustments for room correction.
This could present some interesting challenges. My Pro is down on the floor, beside the couch. My ears tend to be fixed to my head. Or would the device be waved around the room, to detect peaks and nulls? :D

This could present some interesting challenges. My Pro is down on the floor, beside the couch. My ears tend to be fixed to my head. Or would the device be waved around the room, to detect peaks and nulls? :D
Absolutely, you've got a point. Using the voice remote's mic could be more effective for capturing room characteristics, especially since it can be moved around the room.

Back