What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

1Mii B06HD Is a quite cheap, so this little screen or variant of an oled screen would be a great addition to pro plus​

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpeg
    IMG_1777.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 5
I can disconnect. The problem is that you have to do it every time and no one remembers to do that. Spotify doesn't have a setting for auto disconnect and it makes more sense for the receiver to have that functionally than for the transmitter.
Hi,
If your WiiM is a Pro or Pro Plus, you can try Google cast instead of Spotify connect.

However, I don't have that problem when I use SpotifyConnect with two accounts in my house.

If you start playback with the first account, the second account will be disconnected. However, this is not the case if you share a single account with your family.

If wiim put every requested connection and features the chassis of this unit will become large, although that maybe good idea but many user would not want to pay a features that their not going to used. I think wiim should produce a product with different level based on user want to pay. Let say you want everything imaginable connection and features which we call wiim ultimate, then few less connection and feature we call ultra, and entry wiim will be third of the features which we call wiim premier.

Probably in dream world, but a WiFi enabled remote control so I can control each of the 6 WiiM’s I have in a cabinet in the lounge from the different zones around the house…currently having to use Alexa or the Wiim app to control the WiiM pros.

I know I'm late to the party, but now that Squeezelite has made it's way into the WiiM P/P+, I'm about to pull the trigger (will get the P+). I have Squeezeboxes all over the house but prefer the native Qobuz app for streaming rather than the Squeeebox/LMS plugin route, so am substituting WiiMs for SB in some rooms. Will likely (assuming it all goes well) be looking to put an Ultra if/when it's available in the future, in my main listening room (to sit alongside my SB and Nvidia Shield).

In the mean time, I'd like to request:
a Squeezebox "display"/front end in the WIIM Home app
HDMI out to hook up to a display (to enable various types and sizes depending on location in the house)
Web Browser interface to mirror/augment the app

I know it's already coming (eventually ;) ), but I also really want Qobuz Connect (another reason I'm buying the WiiM).

I will most likely at some point use the analogue and digital outs (Optical and Coax), Bluetooth out to headphones (AptX), will also use the WiiM as a "Bluetooth speaker" for the kids from their phones when they are sharing their music with us when in the kitchen, Squeezelite, Qobuz, Spotify, possibly even the DLNA client, PEQ, sub out (depending on WiiM model and room in the house). Qobuz playback in whatever their best resolution is being used natively is also a great feature to have.

In short, it's the Swiss army knife of streamers, and I think I'll likely use a fair bit of it's feature set, and buy several, but the USP for me was when Squeezelite got added! :)

Thanks all!!! :)

Last edited:
The following would be ideal :
(Though already posted in the Facebook - WiiM Fan Page ( with few changes )

1. WiiM ULTRA ( successor of PRO ) - OPTION 1

* Streamer of al Music Streaming Services
* DAC from ESS/AKM, with proper implementation
* Digital/Analog - input/output,
* HDMI-eARC/ARC, Balanced output
* USB Input
* Bluetooth 5.1/ MQair
* 12V Trigger
* Display Screen

2. WiiM ULTRA ( successor of PRO ) - OPTION 2

* Streamer of al Music Streaming Services
* Digital output
* 12V Trigger

3. WiiM Amp - OPTION 1 ( Pair with WiiM ULTRA -Option 1 )

* Class AB / D ( Purifi / Hypex )
* 75W/Ch @ 8Ohms
* Balanced & Unbalanced Inputs
* Tone Controls
* 12V Trigger

4. WiiM Amp - OPTION 2 ( Pair with WiiM ULTRA -Option 2 )

* Class AB / D ( Purifi / Hypex )
* 75W/Ch @ 8Ohms
* DAC from ESS/AKM, with proper implementation
* Digital/Analog - input/output,
* HDMI-eARC/ARC
* USB Input
* Bluetooth 5.1/ MQair
* DIRAC
* Tone Controls / Digital Filters
* 12V Trigger

Hope, the next product from WiiM is a audiophile one, that can compete with other industry products, competitively priced with the existing good Costumer Support
I'm happy that most of my expectations regarding the WiiM Amp in Option 2 has come true :)

Likewise, it would be super good to see if the WiiM ULTRA Option 1 too become a reality soon

The amp was a good idea. Include pre outs, and a headphone jack. Another 20 watts per channel would be nice. Put the USB on the side or front.

Subwoofer EQ unit.

Self contained,
ability to use umik1
Support for four subwoofers
Automatic and manual calibration with pc software
Time aligned each sub up

One that works, that the app isn’t constantly looking for, that plays music without stopping all the time, etc. So far this thing is likely going back to Amazon. Sounds great - when it works!

One that works, that the app isn’t constantly looking for, that plays music without stopping all the time, etc. So far this thing is likely going back to Amazon. Sounds great - when it works!
I can see that would be very frustrating!
I use my wiims for numerous hours a day with no such issues.
Perhaps you could share your setup, what you are playing, how etc. to see if anyone here can help.

I can see that would be very frustrating!
I use my wiims for numerous hours a day with no such issues.
Perhaps you could share your setup, what you are playing, how etc. to see if anyone here can help.
Sounds like network issues - all mine play without interruption

You're probably right. From the comments of another, cheaper, Edifier WiFi speaker (model MS50A):

Grabbed one of these when I saw them on sale for $89 yesterday. Sure enough, it shows up in the WiiM app, playing Tidal to it right now.

Sadly, no EQ, and it appears to convert everything to 48K. Sounds decent enough for the price, though not as accurate as my JBL Pro monitors.

Fine for a small room. Larger than a Sonos Play:1, arguably better looking. Quite heavy for its size. Consumer Reports gives it 4/5 for sound quality.

A good starting point for a more sophisticated WiiM speaker.

IMG_1484.jpegIMG_1483.png

Last edited:
A look at the StreamServicesCapability method of the Edifier vs the WiiM Pro shows just how much more advanced the WiiM is. While the Edifier has Deezer, it's the old API, which won't allow me to login. I don't have a QOBUZ login, so can't test that. Both Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect work fine. Tidal is the only service that supports lossless; Amazon Music (Prime) is strictly SD on the Edifier. Here's hoping WiiM will come out with a line of speakers soon.

Edifier:
JSON:
{
    "version": "1.0",
    "encrypt": "1.0",
    "streamServices": [
        {
            "id": "Prime",
            "version": "1.3",
            "quality": [
                "SD"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "Tidal",
            "version": "2.2",
                "LOW",
                "HIGH",
                "LOSSLESS"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "newTuneIn",
            "version": "1.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "Rhapsody",
            "version": "1.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "soundmachine",
        },
        {
            "id": "Deezer",
        },
        {
            "id": "Qobuz",
            "version": "1.4",
                "5",
                "6"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "iHeartRadio",
        },
        {
            "id": "vTuner",
        },
        {
            "id": "CalmRadio",
            "version": "1.1",
                "64",
                "128",
                "192",
                "320"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

WiiM Pro:
JSON:
{
    "version": "1.2",
    "encrypt": "1.0",
    "streamServices": [
        {
            "id": "Prime",
            "version": "1.4",
                "SD",
                "HD",
                "UHD"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "Tidal",
            "version": "2.2",
                "LOW",
                "HIGH",
                "LOSSLESS",
                "HI_RES"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "newTuneIn",
        },
        {
            "id": "Rhapsody",
        },
        {
            "id": "soundmachine",
        },
        {
            "id": "Deezer2",
                "LOW",
                "MEDIUM",
                "HIGH",
                "LOSSLESS"
            ],
            "brand": "WiiM",
            "hw": "WiiM Pro"
        },
        {
            "id": "Qobuz",
            "version": "1.6",
                "5",
                "6",
                "7",
                "27"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "iHeartRadio",
        },
        {
            "id": "Pandora",
        },
        {
            "id": "vTuner",
        },
        {
            "id": "CalmRadio",
            "version": "1.1",
                "64",
                "128",
                "192",
                "320"
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "SoundCloud",
        },
        {
            "id": "Roon",
        },
        {
            "id": "SpotifyConnect",
            "removable": true,
            "active": true
        },
        {
            "id": "TidalConnect",
        },
        {
            "id": "AVS_MRM",
        },
        {
            "id": "Squeezelite",
        }
    ]
}

Guys, here’s a big one! Please please please for the love of god include an HDMI out with ARC signal to turn on an AVR when music starts playing. Trigger out does the job for regular amps but a lot of us connect to AVR’s and there’s currently no easy workaround to turn on an AVR when music starts playing. Plus this could show album art on a tv if one is turned on an connected to the AVR.

- WIIM AMP PRO PLUS (Wiim Amp, everything a little better, especially a few more digital inputs) + stereo pre-outs
- WIIM PREAMP PRO PLUS ...as first, but without AMP section
- WIIM One (Sonos One equivalent)
- and please include Apple Music.
cheers :)

I have an idea for You. We are all using video streaming and we all love music. But when we are using stereo audio gear we are unable to adjust channels' levels in stereo mode. Most of movies are released in multichannel and it causes problems with proper listening in stereo. Auto downmix is unacceptable. What is realy needed is a device with hdmi input and ability to adjust channels' levels and with output of the customized mix of sound. I don't know why there isnt even one such device on the market. I can bearly hear dialogues in movies now. I supose such device would require licence from dolby and codecs but I had that options in my old dvd player so it is doable.

Back