WiiM Mini interference with Bell (Arris) 2502 ipTV receiver

JAG

Did anyone experience loss of connections between 2 Bell (Arris) 2502 ipTV receivers and Bell (Arris) 5662W 4K receiver/recorder after installing 2 or more WiiM Mini streamers mainly for multi-room Airplay2 music streaming? One of the WiiM Mini is 35 cm away from one of the TV receiver. Or does anyone have ideas about resolving the issue? I turned off the 2 WiiM Mini to determine if there were for sure interfering with the Bell TV receivers. For 2 weeks I had no sync issues with the TV receivers while the WiiM Mini were turned off. Plugged them back in and a 1 week later the receivers went out of sync. So there is a definite interference with the receivers. I opened à ticket with WiiM and I’m waiting for a response. Please let me know if you experienced similar problem or have a possible solution…

Last edited:
I came here to report a very similar problem, also with Bell wifi. That is, Bell cable (Tv) downstairs connects with a Bell repeater upstairs via wifi. When the WiiM Mini is providing an optical output to my HP DAC/Amp and working without interrupts, the Tv video will hang while audio continues. If the Tv stream is working properly, I’ll experience interrupts in the WiiM’s audio stream. I’m able to fix the WiiM audio stream by resetting it, but the Tv video stream will hang.

I’m not sure exactly when this began because I generally ignore the Tv while reading and listening to music. However, it did begin approximately 2-3 months ago while both had been working properly the 3mo prior.

The Bell modems operate independent of my home wifi mesh and are proprietary, so I’m not sure I can do anything there, but I wish I was able to designate a different wifi “channel” for my Google wifi mesh…

Did anyone experience loss of connections between 2 Bell (Arris) 2502 ipTV receivers and Bell (Arris) 5662W 4K receiver/recorder after installing 2 or more WiiM Mini streamers mainly for multi-room Airplay2 music streaming? One of the WiiM Mini is 35 cm away from one of the TV receiver. Or does anyone have ideas about resolving the issue? I turned off the 2 WiiM Mini to determine if there were for sure interfering with the Bell TV receivers. For 2 weeks I had no sync issues with the TV receivers while the WiiM Mini were turned off. Plugged them back in and a 1 week later the receivers went out of sync. So there is a definite interference with the receivers. I opened à ticket with WiiM and I’m waiting for a response. Please let me know if you experienced similar problem or have a possible solution…
My interference problem with Bell ipTV receivers has not shown up in the last month and was previously happening every 2-3 days before. I had opened a ticket with WiiM but never heard from them. But I supposed that a problem was fixing via a firmware update that was implemented around that time. I‘ll wait another month before confirmed that the issue is resolved.

Yesterday the problem showed up again, I.e., can pause, skip or view recording on the Bell 2502. It had been working problem free for ~3 months. I noticed the WiiM Mini firmware was updated sept 1st… When the problem first showed up, I had to reset/restart the 2502 to correct the problem, then later, after I moved the mini further away from the 2502 the problem would fix itself in less then 1 day but the problem that showed up yesterday, is still there after a day… I’ll restart the 2502 and see if it temporarily fixes the problem. I had to restart the PVR and both 2502 to have the full 2502 functionality back.

The next day, the same problem showed up and it did not disappear by itself like it did originally. I unplugged the WiiM Minis and the Bell interference problem went away. I will keep them off for a couple week to make sure it is the source of the problem. I don’t understand: I didn’t the problem for 3 months and all of a sudden the problem shows up daily. I looked at the latest WiiM devices firmware updated and they were both updated with a Sept 1st version… and the problem showed up again on the 13th or 14th of September. Unless the WiiM Mini we’re only updated with the Sept 1st dated firmware on the 13th… and that update cause the interference problem with Bell receivers to reappear.

Last edited:
My interference problem with Bell ipTV receivers has not shown up in the last month and was previously happening every 2-3 days before. I had opened a ticket with WiiM but never heard from them. But I supposed that a problem was fixing via a firmware update that was implemented around that time. I‘ll wait another month before confirmed that the issue is resolved.

I need to admit the same. Hearing JAG givens me the confidence to feel I need not reset the WiiM before each session…

This problem is also happening with me. Playback on Bell vip2502 units attached to main pvr unit are effected and won't allow to skip, rewind or pause content, sometimes displaying the attached message. Also wont playback shows that are already recorded to PVR. Had no idea the WiiM would interfere with the wireless capabilities of the Bell recievers. Unplugging the WiiM fixes these issues. Wondering if any of you have the WiiM Pro and experience similar interference. Thanks

Attachments

• 20230903_194222.jpg
    20230903_194222.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I kept the 2 WiiM mini off for ~2 weeks and had no problem with the Bell ipTV receivers. I then turned on 1 of my 2 mini (the one that is 35 feet away) and the Bell receivers pause, recording, etc, stopped working. I turned the WiiM mini off and a few minutes later the Bell receivers started working correctly. So there is definite interference problem with the WiiM Mini, which was made worst, permanent with the latest firmware update. This needs to be fixed ASAP since I can’t use the WiiM minis which I really like the functionality... I already entered a ticket, #12989, over 3 months ago, which is in treatment without a reply or any communication.

After entering the above, I started entering a comment and before saving it, there was a request for a log of the activities. I turned on one of the WiiM Mini and noticed there was a new firmware update available, which is dated today Sept 26th. I installed the update and tested the interference with the Bell receivers: the problem appears to fixed with that new firmware version. I cancelled my comment. So far, I only turned on one of the mini, but 3 hours later, no interference. If still OK, tomorrow I’ll turn on the 2nd one. The new firmware version is 4.6.530553, dated 20230926.

Today, Sept. 29th, I turned on the 2nd Mini and right away, the Bell ipTV receiver stopped functioning correctly. I checked the mini firmware and it was the Sept 1st version. I manually updated it to the Sept. 26 version and the Bell ipTV receivers started working correctly. I just used the minis through AirPlay OK for a short period and time will confirm that everything is OK. But for me it is clear that the Sept 1st firmware updated caused this latest interference problem, and I hope it will not show up again in future update.

Yesterday, Oct 2nd, after working fine since Sept 26th, once again the Bell ipTV receivers functions that require a link to the PVR recorder stopped working. I turned off both WiiM Mini and they started working OK right away. As far as I know there was no firmware update but I noticed that the update description also showed up yesterday… Was there a minor update? Is the problem still there but intermittent? TBD. In the mean time I will keep the minis off.

Last edited:
Tried again today. Everything was OK with the Bell ipTV receivers with the minis turned off. As soon as I turned them on, they interfered with the Bell devices and the problem disappeared when the minis were turned off. Keeping them off since they cause interference with the Bell ipTV receivers. Please fix this ASAP since I can’t use the minis.

Please submit another ticket referring to this issue when it occurs so your device log might capture the issue, noting your previous ticket number. Post the new ticket number here and I’ll escalate it to WiiM.

I tried to reproduce the problem today, but this time the ipTV receivers worked fine after both minis were turned on. I noticed when I checked the 2nd mini on, that although the firmware version was the same as before, the pop up information about the update appeared, which did not happen when I checked the first mini status and both minis were at the same version and have been since Sept. 26th. This same scenario happened yesterday (the day the problem showed up again) with one of the mini but although I don’t remember for sure which one, I think it was with the same mini. Is it possible there are minor updates without a version change? In any case, when the problem shows up again I will create a new ticket with a reference to previous one. Worked fine for 2-3 days twice, and the latest failure, yesterday (Oct 10th), I had to turn off the mini in order for the ipTV receivers to be able to pause and be able to play recording. I’ll wait for the failure when I can send a log at the time of the failure to open a new ticket…

Last edited:
The problem happened again and again, and it does so very couple days. I just entered a new ticket #491995 and the old ticket is #12989

Please submit another ticket referring to this issue when it occurs so your device log might capture the issue, noting your previous ticket number. Post the new ticket number here and I’ll escalate it to WiiM.
Was my problem escalated to WiiM? Thank you!

Last edited:
Sincere apologies, I missed this. I’ve escalated it now.
Just to add on

I have both the Pro and the Mini and have been experiencing the issues with my Bell (Arris/Motorolla) receivers for months.

I never made the connection to the WiiM devices but, after running across this thread, unplugged both and rebooted my Bell system - all is working flawlessly now

To add to the troubleshooting, I tried the Pro only on a wired Ethernet connection with the Mini powered down. The problem reoccurred.

so, I will leave my WiiM devices on the shelf and monitor this thread for a fix

thanks in advance

I might also get rid of them since for over a week I cannot use the Bell receivers to pause/fast forward/record or view recording, and have been using my fire tv sticks to watch TV. Looks like the latest WiiM mini update (Jan 4th) once again really broke it. This problem has been ongoing for over 9 months and I never heard from WiiM. I am really starting to get upset with the product that interferes with Bell/Arris ip receivers without any support response from WiiM.

Reactions: db4
My option was to get a Blusound Node for my office and an Eversolo DMP-A6 for my main system. Far, far more expensive but my Bell Arris receivers are back to working perfectly

Thank you for the feedback db4. I was considering Bluesound prior to getting the mini and I am aware of the difference in cost. It really too bad they intermittently cause these interference because otherwise for me they’re fine. I also find very strange that after I posted my previous message last Saturday my Bell ipTV receivers, without intervention, started working fine and have been doing so since then… And it’s not the first time this miraculous repair happens to me after I post a failure message.

Back