Wiim Pro Plus review on Ecoustics

I wonder when he actually tested the Pro Plus and wrote the article as it's had PEQ for at least a few weeks now...

Love the approach to partner any WiiM with REAL amplifiers like a NAD or a Cambridge in the budget range. 😉

(Have to add that I love everything today because "my" football team yesterday evening was down 0:3 at half-time and changed that to 4:3 👍)

funny..
between the lines and becomes interesting because not the first to present things in this way in reviews..
the sound bias will not go despite the reference to the "velvet" of akm of the preceding chip, precisely in the sense of a party taken sound a little soft etc.. would seem a little more ess type.... ;-)
not "so velvet"

Last edited:
I don't cuddle my Wiim Pro. So the writer's complain about plastic build is moot for me. It can be made out of durian shells for all I care as long it does a good job as a digital music streamer.

Love the approach to partner any WiiM with REAL amplifiers like a NAD or a Cambridge in the budget range. 😉

(Have to add that I love everything today because "my" football team yesterday evening was down 0:3 at half-time and changed that to 4:3 👍)
Fortuna Düsseldorf? 2nd division, right?

The really good times are a few years gone and it is sometimes quite challenging to be fan of the club. But you always have to stay strong. And our 2nd division is quite strong and with a bunch of tradition.
Roger is quite popular and successful with Benfica these days, hm?

These days not so good as last year. The results in the champions league aren't good so far. I think Roger sometimes like to improvise but is a good coach.

I always have to chuckle when I read meaningless dreck like this. :)
Byrd’s hypnotic trumpet playing comes across as slightly thin, but also rather detailed and airy.

Switching to the Pro Plus reveals the streamer offers up music in a rather incisive manner with everything carved rather rigidly in place.

Imaging improved somewhat with the Pro Plus but there was no increase in texture or warmth at all across most of the range. It certainly did not strip away any of the BR03 BT’s presence in the aforementioned bass range but it did actually help tighten up the sound somewhat.

Bass notes had greater snap and speed but I would not say the WiiM Pro Plus trounced the default performance at all.

Switching to the analog outputs added a very small amount of weight to the overall tonal balance but nothing to call it a substantial change.

Back