WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Will Deezer Connect be implemented? Right now I use Bubble UpNp for Android to stream to a Wiim Mini with a slight delay. It does play gapless and sounds wonderful.

Will Deezer Connect be implemented? Right now I use Bubble UpNp for Android to stream to a Wiim Mini with a slight delay. It does play gapless and sounds wonderful.
Deezer Connect is NOTHING like Spotify or Tidal Connect. It's simply a remote control from one full-blown Deezer app to another full-blown Deezer app. It's a bit of a joke, sadly... So no, I HIGHLY doubt it will be implemented by WiiM in its present form.

That's good to know. I have yet to get Deezer Connect to work and won't bother trying anymore in it's current state.

I have a question: since the Pro has a build in Chromecast, I assume it will be able to group with other Chromecasts, right? Specifically, my Chromecast audio.
IIRC, in the User Manual posted elsewhere in this forum, it says that after you add the WiiM to your Google Home ecosystem, it can be joined to Chromecast groups.

If all I need is chromecast audio support to expand a network of cca's already in play, do I really need this pro? Is there any real advantage for that purpose over adding another cca?

I could see it for being a more Sonos like solution, but since you don't have pandora support in your app, it doesn't really make sense because you force the customer out of your app to pandora directly instead of being an all in one solution.

I say and ask this as someone who has migrated customers away from Sonos to CCA's for distributed audio and still have a handful of the pucks around.

I kinda think Pandora is more popular to the masses than the ones you support. Don't really need hi res snobs to chime in. You are a niche audience and are not the masses.

So is pandora support coming? Because then I could justify the expense for the most Sonos like experience for those that prefer it.

Also, why can't it be a basic Puck? Why can't you just make a non pro version that supports chromecast? Trying to fit these into small locations with little digital amps or connecting say a handful of them around 12 channel amps seems kind of annoying where little pucks make life easier. It was the one blessing getting rid of expensive space eating Sonos connects. Now we're back to an expensive slightly less space eating device compared to a cheap CCA.

Even Google's new reference Google TV device will have a plethora of ports on the back, will be the same size or smaller and I guarantee will be cheaper than $150. If you don't need airplay, it seems like it'll make more sense to wait on it. Not to mention it could be used as an audio device or your full fledged TV streaming device. Actually, it can do both with hdmi to your TV and audio out to a different input or separate audio setup.

I kinda think Pandora is more popular to the masses than the ones you support.
Which masses are they? USA customers as only they can legitimately access Pandora ? There are other masses out there who aren't interested in nor can access Pandora.

Don't really need hi res snobs to chime in. You are a niche audience and are not the masses.
A way to win friends and influence people, eh?

So is pandora support coming? Because then I could justify the expense for the most Sonos like experience for those that prefer it.

Pandora is already there, even on the mini. Did you not check their website, or the Wiim Pro’s product page before posting?

Also, why can't it be a basic Puck? Why can't you just make a non pro version that supports chromecast? Trying to fit these into small locations with little digital amps or connecting say a handful of them around 12 channel amps seems kind of annoying where little pucks make life easier. It was the one blessing getting rid of expensive space eating Sonos connects. Now we're back to an expensive slightly less space eating device compared to a cheap CCA.
Probably needed room for the additional Chromecast hardware - the Pro is basically the Mini with Chromecast and the additional connectivity options users were asking for. They might do a separate chromecast only device in the future if enough users demand one.

Even Google's new reference Google TV device will have a plethora of ports on the back, will be the same size or smaller and I guarantee will be cheaper than $150. If you don't need airplay, it seems like it'll make more sense to wait on it. Not to mention it could be used as an audio device or your full fledged TV streaming device. Actually, it can do both with hdmi to your TV and audio out to a different input or separate audio setup.
Maybe you should wait on that then…

Guess they should update their Google play listing... (see attached) I'm not downloading an app for a product I don't have. Blame their marketing department for not being current. Don't see the pinkish P in the attached pic.

Also attached is the upcoming dt-4 developer device for Google TV. Full fledged Google TV device with antenna in and all the ports you need. Will most likely be a bit cheaper than the Pro. So if your setup has a display, you only need one device instead of two. The only thing you lose is wiim's app. But if you're already familiar/using Google's ecosystem for distributed audio, there's really no need to convert to an app. So if you feel their app is worth the price difference, then there you go.

Just throwing it out there since the og CCA was under $50 and did the job just fine, and is still supported and can be found now for half the price (or less) of the Pro. Simple usb charging and an optical out option as well. If you don't care about optical, the MiBox S will do it too with analog out and is around $60.

Would prefer to have just a simple Puck for chromecast with a minimalist approach and size to match for discreet installations. Would imagine the people playing in both Apple and Google camps are minimal. So why not make a basic version of their airplay only Puck for CC?

Either way, the WiiM is still solid because Sonos is just overpriced for what they offer, CCA's exposed their grossly overpriced Connect box, and $150 is a much better value than Sonos since their Port is 3x as much and continued support of their OG Connect is limited. At least with this, if WiiM goes belly up, you still have a chromecast/airplay device that will most likely continue to work well into the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210_201250.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_201250.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 16
  • droidlogic-android-tv-dev-box-1.jpg
    droidlogic-android-tv-dev-box-1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 16
Guess they should update their Google play listing... (see attached) I'm not downloading an app for a product I don't have. Blame their marketing department for not being current. Don't see the pinkish P in the attached pic.

Also attached is the upcoming dt-4 developer device for Google TV. Full fledged Google TV device with antenna in and all the ports you need. Will most likely be a bit cheaper than the Pro. So if your setup has a display, you only need one device instead of two. The only thing you lose is wiim's app. But if you're already familiar/using Google's ecosystem for distributed audio, there's really no need to convert to an app. So if you feel their app is worth the price difference, then there you go.

Just throwing it out there since the og CCA was under $50 and did the job just fine, and is still supported and can be found now for half the price (or less) of the Pro. Simple usb charging and an optical out option as well. If you don't care about optical, the MiBox S will do it too with analog out and is around $60.

Would prefer to have just a simple Puck for chromecast with a minimalist approach and size to match for discreet installations. Would imagine the people playing in both Apple and Google camps are minimal. So why not make a basic version of their airplay only Puck for CC?

Either way, the WiiM is still solid because Sonos is just overpriced for what they offer, CCA's exposed their grossly overpriced Connect box, and $150 is a much better value than Sonos since their Port is 3x as much and continued support of their OG Connect is limited. At least with this, if WiiM goes belly up, you still have a chromecast/airplay device that will most likely continue to work well into the future.
Little confused isn't the Google TV designed more for watching TV and not for audio? The reason I’m looking at the WiiM pro is to listen to music. The coax connection for hi-res music and the being able to bypass the built-in dac are the main selling points for me.

I‘m guess since not familiar with google TV might be mid informed about it uses.
So have a few questions about it. Does it have 24/196 output? Does it allow bit-perfect output to a dac? Can you use it without a screen, or does it need to be connected to a TV to access settings? Does it do MQA and tidal connect for those who use MQA and tidal, what other music services does it support?

Just seems you’re comparing apples to orange, this device is designed as a Music Streamer more than as a TV watching device. Music Streaming device like this are designed to offer and attract people looking for a high quality high rez music streaming device. I feel the WiiM pro accomplished it’s goal and is an excellent value for it‘s features.

Last edited:
It’s quite clear you’ve never been in product development.
While I haven't directly developed products, I have beta tested more than a handful over the years dating back to Rio Mp3 players to the TS4k and have designed products as well and have sold in the AV industry to boot. So it's also quite clear your high horse has short legs.

Amazon shows orders taken but delivery will arrive later in the month or January. They've already taken a number of orders where the delivery will be earlier this month.

How do I know? I made an order on December 6th and it is now set for delivery around December 16 to the 18th. Looking forward to it.
Isn't it the "estimated delivery time"?

Isn't it the "estimated delivery time"?
Not estimated anymore. My order says "Arriving Dec 16 - Dec 18" which is sooner than previous around the 20th.
If I go to the page now and placed another new order, it says, "FREE Prime delivery December 28 - 30." YMMV

Last edited:
If amazon already have the product, why are they not shipping early?

They might of based the original 10th date on when they thought oversea shipment would arrive. Being the holiday season shipment might have been held up at port or customs. Once Amazon receive unit it might take addition time to get them into there system and send to different regional distribution centers.

I imagine Wiim is doing everything they can to get it them out as soon as possible, some thing like above they can’t control.

Back