WiiM Pro, Raspberry Pi 4 8GB

Yes. The pi will boot and you then access the Picoreplayer management screens (using a Web-browser and the pi's ip address, eg. Http://192.168.1.4 but use your ip address).

My advice is take things slowly and read carefully what's on screen. You can install the LMS server from within the piCore management pages.

Thank you for the rapid reply. So piCorePlayer needs to be installed on an SD card instead of Raspberry OS? Sorry for the newbie questions.
Yes as per steps 1 and 2 in that link.

The only part that threw me a little following those instructions was about editing the config file, which I don’t think was actually necessary as I’m not sure I did it but it all came together well.

And don’t worry about asking questions, I’m sure there are enough LMS cavalry to come riding over the hill to help ;)

I already had a pi with Allo Boss dac running volumio before I purchased the pro plus, I have a 1TB ssd usb drive attached to it, I just access this device via dnla and browse via the Home app, it works perfectly well and cost me zero additional money.

Just checking in to say @Brantome and @castalla ’s advice was spot on (thanks). There were only one or two places where it was not immediately obvious (to me at least) what to do from the piCorePlayer‘s website documentation, but not enough to completely derail setting up LMS on the RPi. So I am now able to stream to the WiiM Mini using either the uPNP Bridge or via Airplay while using the Material skin. I can confirm that there was no requirement to edit the config file during the process.
I hope this thread helps others who are considering embarking on the same project.

Even though it can have the occasional glitch, I’d stick with UPNPbridge to ensure full resolution right up to 24/192.

And why did I get the 1TB SSD for the Pi when my music library already also resides on the Synology NAS in the background? Partly to show you can host your library internally on a small form factor server alongside LMS, and partly because I could :D
I do similar, although use my server rather than a Synology. Couple of things I do after finding out about resilio sync, which may be of interest
- I use resilio sync to keep my two music folders in sync between my pi and server. Works really well.
- Actually my music library is split across two folders music1 and music2. I add both to LMS to have one integrated library. But I use resilio to sync the music1 folder (ie, my favourites) to my android phone and use PowerAmp on my phone.

I would appreciate some advice please. I managed to get a Raspberry Pi 4B with the intention of experimenting with LMS by connecting it to my WiiM Mini (I did not like the idea of having to continuously run a fan with the Raspberry Pi 5). I have been able to put it together and have the latest version of Raspberry OS running, however I am struggling from there on. I have entered some of the suggestions on the internet to install LMS through the terminal in RaspOS but it does not seem to be going too well. Also, there does not seem to be much consistency between websites around how this should be done. I realise that I will need to understand how to install a uPNP bridge too because I have a Mini. Does anyone know a reliable source for what I am hoping to achieve?
If you want to get LMS working on your Pi with Raspberry OS (which is based on Debian) then do the following

1) Login via SSH to your Pi
2) Download (using wget command) your preferred version from here https://lms-community.github.io/lms-server-repository/. Personally I use this 8.3 version.
Wiki:
wget https://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v8.3.1/logitechmediaserver_8.3.1_all.deb

3) Then install with this
Code:
sudo dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_8.3.1_all.deb
sudo apt install --fix-broken
note - the second command above addresses any missing dependencies that might be thrown up by the first command.

Then you should be able to reach your LMS server from a browser at this address
Code:
http://pi:9000
Replace "pi" with IP address or name of your Pi All plug-ins can then be installed from the "Settings" page in your browser.

Also, IMHO piCorePlayer is great - and I use it too - but it's primarily a player turnkey solution, rather than a LMS server (although you can do it). And personally, I like to have a full OS on my Pi as a Pi4 can do a lot more at the same time than just run LMS.

Last edited:
Back