WiiM Remote

Now that remote pairing is in the WiiM app, I once again tried the Amazon voice remote. No dice. Amazon says my WiiM remote will arrive on Monday.

Can you use the Wiim app now playing screen to control a Tidal Connect session e.g. pause, play, skip etc? If so, I’d imagine the remote would be able to do so as well.
Issue is I don’t use the wiim app when listening to music only Tidal connect. With remote shipping hopefully someone can check this for me.

Issue is I don’t use the wiim app when listening to music only Tidal connect. With remote shipping hopefully someone can check this for me.
Couldn’t you try to see if the Wiim app can control a Tidal Connect session? If it did then I’d surmise the remote would do the same job

I received my remote today and the app detects it but fails to pair it with my WiiM Pro. Is there firmware that needs to be rolled out?

I received my remote today and the app detects it but fails to pair it with my WiiM Pro. Is there firmware that needs to be rolled out?
Hi HasselHoth,

The remote works with the latest firmware with the version number of 4.8.509547. Please also update your iOS or Android App of the WiiM Home App from the App Store and Google Play store. You can find more information about the remote setup from our help center. Here are a few links -

If you still have issue with it, please send us a ticket and we'll look at it immediately. Thank you!

Salut HasselHoth,

La télécommande fonctionne avec le dernier firmware avec le numéro de version 4.8.509547. Veuillez également mettre à jour votre application iOS ou Android de l'application WiiM Home depuis l'App Store et Google Play Store. Vous pouvez trouver plus d'informations sur la configuration à distance dans notre centre d'aide. Voici quelques liens -

Si vous rencontrez toujours un problème, veuillez nous envoyer un ticket et nous l'examinerons immédiatement. Merci!
Hi, no reponse to compatibility with Logitech harmony ? Thanks

Think some misunderstood my question on remote. I do not use the wiim app only tidal connect when listening to music. Since the wiim app is closed and not running concerned if the remote would control just tidal connect.
I did try using the buttons on wiim pro with the app closed and it worked so guessing then remote will work without using wiim app.

So the best thing about the remote, IMO, is the standby button which, unlike pause, instantly shuts down the carrier signal on the digital outputs. This means my DAC will immediately switch back to the USB input, something that had always been a PITA in the past. The 30-second timeout is WAY too long, and often didn't shut down the carrier. This is so much nicer now, when I want to switch the DAC back to my PC's audio.

The mute switch also works, even though I'm using fixed volume (greatly prefer the DAC's physical volume knob), but also doesn't shut off the carrier signal.

What the microphone for? It's not that a Wiim device is intrinsically aware of any voice assistant service.

I believe, since this is the Wiim remote thread, that the question was about the microphone on the remote, not the pinhole mic on the unit itself. See my original response some minutes after the question was first asked.

Last edited:
Just received my remote. Set up was a breeze with the WiiM Pro. I was concerned whether it would control Roon streaming through Chromecast since the WiiM app shows "No Music Selected" and the app's transport controls don't work for Chromecast. Happily, the remote buttons work for Chromecast: play/pause, previous, next. I have WiiM set to fixed volume, but the "Mute" button also works. Voice control, except for "Mute", doesn't do anything for Chromecast, but that's not something I care about. Pushing a button to control play is so much easier for what I need to do.

One improvement, perhaps for a future model, would be to have a few learning IR buttons that could be set to control a preamp/amp/powered speakers. Similar to how Roku or Google TV remotes do that: programmable IR buttons for volume up/down, mute, power and source. For many of us WiiM is one among multiple sources in a system, so it's better to have some controls downstream. Nice if that could be on a single remote.

Last edited:
We recently created a listing for the WiiM Remote on the Amazon US site. More details on the listing to come but we just wanted to share it here for you all to know. We expect it to be available for sale on Amazon US in early March.

View attachment 417
Just got my remote from Amazon, and I'm loving it. I can get rid of a few other remotes for my amp volume. Pairing was very simple and quick. Great remote.20230307_081836.jpg

Back