WiiM Remote

Brantome

Will the WiiM remote be infrared or Bluetooth? What functions will it control apart from playback e.g. input/ output switching? Will it be compatible with the Logitech harmony hub which could facilitate automation?

The remote control has a microphone button. This should work with Bluetooth. I think it's the same Bluetooth remote as the Fire stick.

Does the WiiM Mini have the ability to receive infrared rays?

The remote control has a microphone button. This should work with Bluetooth. I think it's the same Bluetooth remote as the Fire stick.

Does the WiiM Mini have the ability to receive infrared rays?
No, it does not. I expect the remote to be BT one.

WiiM pro and Mini may also be controlled with the Fire Stick's remote.
Although not perfect.
where did you get that confirmed? If it’s basically a fire tv remote, then I may be able to use it with my Harmony Hub as I already do with my other fire tv devices.

I just dug out my old Fire Stick's remote to test this. Nope.

Sorry.
Not yet. WiiM does not have the ability to pair with the remote control. The story after the version upgrade.

The Fire Stick remote can be paired to my Android Phone, so you should be able to pair it with your WiiM. Maybe.

But I think you can only control playback and stop.

Hi, WiiM Voice Remote is BLE based remote using the standard BT HID GATT service. You can start the pairing with the help of WiiM Home App. We'll post more information about this remote shortly. Please stay tuned!

Hi, WiiM Voice Remote is BLE based remote using the standard BT HID GATT service. You can start the pairing with the help of WiiM Home App. We'll post more information about this remote shortly. Please stay tuned!

@Brantome .... any idea if that means it'll be compatible with the Harmony Hub, I know you can teach the Hub commands from another remote if it's not in their list of recognised devices but I'm guessing that's for Infrared and not BT?

@Brantome .... any idea if that means it'll be compatible with the Harmony Hub, I know you can teach the Hub commands from another remote if it's not in their list of recognised devices but I'm guessing that's for Infrared and not BT?
Yeah, just IR iirc. But given Harmony do support Fire TV remotes which the fire tv sees as a bluetooth keyboard, I was hoping that the WiiM remote fell into a similar category

Sorry.
Not yet. WiiM does not have the ability to pair with the remote control. The story after the version upgrade.

The Fire Stick remote can be paired to my Android Phone, so you should be able to pair it with your WiiM. Maybe.

But I think you can only control playback and stop.
WiiM would have to allow pairing with third-party BLE remotes which is rather unlikely.

Also, any update on price and availability?
P.S. If there is no information, I return the device. I will always manage to buy it when there is a remote control or some other device with a remote control.

I have been trying to figure out the remote thing since it was announced. You need a screen to use a remote. I am already using my phone and tablet to control the WiiM and they are basically the remote with a screen.

I have been trying to figure out the remote thing since it was announced. You need a screen to use a remote. I am already using my phone and tablet to control the WiiM and they are basically the remote with a screen.
Obviously, those who want a remote don't want to do it on a phone.

P.S.
I don't want to listen and enjoy hi-fi music with/from the phone. It's stupid to me.
If I will be satisfied with Heos, I will return this device on February 8-16 (Bye, bye Wiimini swim on in your dreams)

Last edited:
So you can pause, stop, skip songs with a remote. Switching to another music service, searching for music, and many other things that require a screen are out the window. Yep this WiiM product isn't for you. Good luck.

Back