WiiM Pro Plus

One of the best approaches I know about subjectivists versus objectivists:

There are dealers and retailers who have stock and our UK/EU Amazon listings to be available later this month or early next month.
your engineers, or those of akm (if as it seems you have taken over evk from akm) can they specify the output impedance of the pro plus?
it is sensitive data....
thank you...

Amir's Cult has taking back the stage 😂
Let's just assume for one second that ASR is the "truth" and everyone is just fools, after I receive my Pro+ and put it through some listening tests, how do I know if "good results" are not actually due to good acoustics in my room or bad results are not due to bad acoustics in my room?

Especially if I use the "Pure Audio" mode on my Elite AVR which bypasses DSP and any Room Correction.

In fact, how do we know if one reviewer's room may interact positively with one device but not the other?

So excited to get my hands on the Pro+ when it can be ordered on Amazon Canada.

Let's just assume for one second that ASR is the "truth" and everyone is just fools, after I receive my Pro+ and put it through some listening tests, how do I know if "good results" are not actually due to good acoustics in my room or bad results are not due to bad acoustics in my room?

Especially if I use the "Pure Audio" mode on my Elite AVR which bypasses DSP and any Room Correction.

In fact, how do we know if one reviewer's room may interact positively with one device but not the other?

Strange assumption even if just for one second. And it's pointless to measure the streamer including variables like room acoustic.

Reviewers will tell you, do you listen to measurements or do you listen to your ear? This has been raging between objective and subjective since the day hifi started.

On my Onkyo AVR “pure audio” means the video circuits are disengaged. Are you sure you don’t mean “direct” mode which bypasses DSP etc and presents 2.0 from the source unaltered (supposedly).

There are dealers and retailers who have stock and our UK/EU Amazon listings to be available later this month or early next month.

I'm refreshing your Amazon shop page in Spain multiple times per day 🙏

Hi @WiiM Support . Are there any under the hood design improvements on the digital domain for pro plus ?

Something along the lines of separated power supply and clock lines for digital and analog ?

Is coax output transformer coupled to minimise common mode noise ?

Hi friend a doubt. I have wiim pro connected to an external Dac by using coax cable. In this configuration, if i upgrade to wiim pro plus I would have no advantage, Is It right?
My dac has also optical and USB input

Hi friend a doubt. I have wiim pro connected to an external Dac by using coax cable. In this configuration, if i upgrade to wiim pro plus I would have no advantage, Is It right?
My dac has also optical and USB input
In a nutshell, if you use your pro for just digital out then there's no benefit in a pro÷
Essentially, the pro+ has an improved ADC and DAC sections.

(with my Roon hat on) Any chance WiiM will add HDMI out to a WiiM Pro-type unit to support multichannel audio (e.g. blu-ray audio)? I believe this is the only way to support it in Roon (via HDMI out to an AVR based on what I’m learning as optical out isn’t supported). Looks like the Node doesn’t support this either, but would be a killer feature in a WiiM unit.

(with my Roon hat on) Any chance WiiM will add HDMI out to a WiiM Pro-type unit to support multichannel audio (e.g. blu-ray audio)? I believe this is the only way to support it in Roon (via HDMI out to an AVR based on what I’m learning as optical out isn’t supported). Looks like the Node doesn’t support this either, but would be a killer feature in a WiiM unit.
Guess WiiM are the only ones that can answer that - if you ask them ;)

Post in thread 'What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/what-products-youd-like-to-see-wiim-produce.725/post-13373

Back