What amp do you run with your Wiim Pro+?

My Wiim Pro Plus is connected to a Vincent sv-237 mkII amplifier. The Vincent's internal DAC is better than the Wiim's DAC for me. Connected with a Mogami 2497 Coaxial cable.

I have the Pro + connected to a Yamaha A-S1200 amp via Main Direct jacks and it all works perfectly, including the trigger. I initially tried via 'line in' and 'Tuner' and this turned the amp on from standby ok, but it defaulted to Main Direct source so I just connected the WiiM to that. Works using a stereo cable (couldn't get a mono) and volume is controlled by the remote or the phone (not the amp). I use Tidal, Spotify and Iheart Radio apps and starting 'play' then select source from the app turns on WiiM and amp from standby. Was using an old Chromecast Audio puk before this (which was well ahead of its time) but the Wiim is even simpler to use and much better SQ. It just works.

It was long (and is still?) the target of developers that an amplifier should only be something like a "pure wire" with the job only to amplify without any impact on the sound.
As less as possible I would sign. But every circuit, every resistor, ever cap, every housing and every transformer has an impact. Is that enough for a "family sound signature"? I believe yes, but thats highly disputable. The different sound f.e. from an EL34 or a 300B is not to deny.
But in such glorious time we have so much choices that everyone can find his fitting boot. 😉

I have a Rotel RC-1572 MKII pre-amp and RB1582 MKII power amp. I use the WiiM Pro plus as streamer transport because the DAC in my preamp is better.

IMG_4250.jpeg

A bit mouthwatering reading this thread!

I got the Marantz Stereo 70s for the all-in-1 network features and like the sound, but the superior streaming capabilities of the WiiM Pro (with Roon, that i recently got and love) made all those features kind of unnecessary.

My turntable (SL1200 mk2 into a Cambridge Duo) and CD player (DCD700AE) go into the Wiim Pro into optical on the Marantz and with auto-sensing on i never have to change the input on the receiver anymore which is an amazing convenience hack to me that i hadn't thought of until someone reminded me on this forum.

A little bit buyer's remorse on the Marantz 70s because i'm sure all the network features that now go unused have eaten up some of the manufacturing costs of the sound quality elements.. But i really like how it looks (and so does my wife) and it sounds great to me on my Sonus Faber speakers so i guess i'm good. Stil...

I have one WiiM Pro+ connectect to a Pioneer VSX-524 AV receiver. That's the one in my living room that is also connected to my TV with a 5 speaker set-up. The WiiM is connected via analog line out. Previously I had a Squeezebox Touch connected to it using a Toslink cable. But I have a feeling the WiiM DAC is slightly better than the DAC in the Pioneer. When I am playing music on the Pioneer I have it in the Extended Stereo setting, so the two small speakers in the back participate as well, giving a quite spacious stereo sound.

1704396784183.jpeg

The second one is on my desk, connected to an Edifier D12. That is a single stereo speaker and I am surprised by the quality of the sound. Of course no spacious stereo sound because the L/R speakers are in a single box and close together. But it sounds a lot better than the Squeezebox Boom the Edifier/WiiM combo has replaced.

1704397028096.jpeg

Last edited:
I have pro plus connected to coaxial in of Yamaha R-N803. It produces great sound with my Focal speakers.

Putting together a little "near field" listening station with a Fosi BT20A Pro, Wiim Pro, Fluance RT 83, 2 ea Sony SSCS5 and a Sony SACS9 active sub.

I'm 68 and have collected/and own many audio systems on the higher scale of things, but I'm amazed at how much fun it is to play with these mini systems.

Also......I'm an old analog dog, so this will be my first time with a streamer of any kind, so I'm excited to get on Qobuz and find out what it's all about.

LOL...Wish me luck.........Russ A.

I've just received my Pro+ and getting it up and running was a breeze. (kudos)

I got it connected to a Denon AVR X1600h with a pair of Epipson Prestige Facet 14f tower speakers. The Denon is in "Pure Direct" mode, which in theory bypasses the DSP and the built-in DAC . I was wondering if I could get more out of the setup if I replaced the multipurpose AVR with a stereo amp for better results. Does anyone have a recommendation for an amp that doesn't break the bank and would be appropriate for this setup? Is it even worth it to get a separate amp?

And most importantly how does your setup look like?

I've just received my Pro+ and getting it up and running was a breeze. (kudos)

I got it connected to a Denon AVR X1600h with a pair of Epipson Prestige Facet 14f tower speakers. The Denon is in "Pure Direct" mode, which in theory bypasses the DSP and the built-in DAC . I was wondering if I could get more out of the setup if I replaced the multipurpose AVR with a stereo amp for better results. Does anyone have a recommendation for an amp that doesn't break the bank and would be appropriate for this setup? Is it even worth it to get a separate amp?

And most importantly how does your setup look like?

Thankies!
My pro plus is connected to my Willsenton r8 tube amp. Sounds heavenly

Just received a Wiim Pro Plus today and joined the forum. I have set it up basically this evening with an Audiolab 6000A integrated amp and Monitor Audio Silver RX8 floorstanders. Going to integrate it all into our home cinema system of Marantz SR7012 receiver and Rotel RMB 1075 THX 5-channel power amp and 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system. Going to use Amazon Music HD and our normal Apple Music subscriptions. I see there are lots of topics to look through! Any other tips for a beginner?!

Just received a Wiim Pro Plus today and joined the forum. I have set it up basically this evening with an Audiolab 6000A integrated amp and Monitor Audio Silver RX8 floorstanders. Going to integrate it all into our home cinema system of Marantz SR7012 receiver and Rotel RMB 1075 THX 5-channel power amp and 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system. Going to use Amazon Music HD and our normal Apple Music subscriptions. I see there are lots of topics to look through! Any other tips for a beginner?!
First up, if you want your WiiM to play full lossless hi res music, stick to Amazon Music as the best you can deliver wirelessly from Apple Music using AirPlay will be lossy AAC.

Back