What amp do you run with your Wiim Pro+?

First up, if you want your WiiM to play full lossless hi res music, stick to Amazon Music as the best you can deliver wirelessly from Apple Music using AirPlay will be lossy AAC.
Thank you. Great advice. I’ll do that

In some cases long names like "wiimproplussaloon123" caused problems with proper internet work.

Just listening to Amazon Music Unlimited via my new Pro Plus and line out to the Audiolab 6000A, using some Cambridge Audio interconnects I had spare. I’ve also connected the Pro Plus via optical cable to the Audiolab 6000A for comparison. The volume was very loud and not needed to be turned up very far on the 6000A with the settings shown on the image attached. Is this all ok?

IMG_3828.png

With those settings and digital output, you’re getting the bit perfect signal as it was received by the WiiM, so if it’s loud that’s how it’s supposed to be…

With those settings and digital output, you’re getting the bit perfect signal as it was received by the WiiM, so if it’s loud that’s how it’s supposed to be…
Thanks Brantome. Is there any negative to having the fixed volume output turned off? Line out level at 2 Vrms ok?

With my Wiim Pro.......I'm pulling 24 bit 194 kHZ on Amazon Music Unlimited...............Sounds absolutely fantastic on my little near field system.

With my Wiim Pro.......I'm pulling 24 bit 194 kHZ on Amazon Music Unlimited...............Sounds absolutely fantastic on my little near field system.
What’s a good 24 bit 194 kHz track to test our setup / system please Russdall?

Thanks Brantome. Is there any negative to having the fixed volume output turned off? Line out level at 2 Vrms ok?
Line out only impacts the RCA outputs, not digital, and should be set at a level to suit the amp you’re connecting to - different amps have different input sensitivities, so consult your amp manual. I’d start with the lowest setting and increase till you’re comfortable that there’s no distortion and equally that your amp is getting a sufficient input level fed to it.

What’s a good 24 bit 194 kHz track to test our setup / system please Russdall?

Try the "Rediscover" offerings in Ultra HD on Amazon Music Unlimited. I was getting my best results with Steely Dan songs and other remastered classic rock songs. Yeah......I'm old....lol.

PS; You must purchase " Amazon Music Unlimited".........Amazon Music will only give you 16 bit. Unlimited is only $9.99 a month, well worth it IMHO🎼

Last edited:
Thanks Brantome and russdall. It’s all sounding superb with a basic setup here.

I’ll look into the 6000A’s info and adjust if required.

Yes I’ve signed up for three months of unlimited for free and will pay for an annual subscription after that. We love Steely Dan at work in our studio so that will be great to try!

Update: Just tried some Rachmaninov piano played by Yuja Wang in 24/192 and it sounded wonderful

Last edited:
Try the "Rediscover" offerings in Ultra HD on Amazon Music Unlimited. I was getting my best results with Steely Dan songs and other remastered classic rock songs. Yeah......I'm old....lol.

PS; You must purchase " Amazon Music Unlimited".........Amazon Music will only give you 16 bit. Unlimited is only $9.99 a month, well worth it IMHO🎼
There are three levels of Amazon Music - Amazon Music Free which has a limited lossy catalog; Amazon Music Prime which has a 100m track catalog of lossy music, with some access restrictions; and Amazon Music Unlimited which has a 100m track catalog of lossless music of CD resolution or greater up to 24/192.

Line out only impacts the RCA outputs, not digital, and should be set at a level to suit the amp you’re connecting to - different amps have different input sensitivities, so consult your amp manual. I’d start with the lowest setting and increase till you’re comfortable that there’s no distortion and equally that your amp is getting a sufficient input level fed to it.
I found the complete specifications for the 6000A to gauge the line out level?

IMG_0577.pngIMG_0578.pngIMG_0579.png

If the 6000A's input sensitivity is 720mV, I'd set the Pro Plus line out level at either 500mV or 800mV if you're using its analogue RCA outputs
Thanks very much for the advice Brantome. I’ll try that

My Pro plus is working with a Marantz 2275 in the main
Harman Kardon 730 in the smaller room
I liked them so much, I bought my son and his wife one to go with the 2-channel set up I gave them.

Running the pro plus analog out to the power amp part of a xindac xa6950(09), bypassing the xindacs preamp and using the pro plus for volume control /preamp.

I have the WiiM Pro Plus line-connected to a Rega Elicit Mk5 integrated amp. I’ve also hooked it up to the Rega’s internal DAC via Optical. Sounds quite similar, meaning both DACs sound very good.
Next change will be to use my Chord Mojo2 as an external DAC to the Wiim.
Did you do this yet? I’m interested as will be doing the same shortly.

good morning, I hope you can help me. I am with my 54 new to hifi and DAC etc.
I search an AMP for the WiiM pro+ around 500€ could be also an older used one not only new.

I will listen via the WiiM over loudspeakers but also connect my headphone amp to the amplifier there for I need RCA out at the amp.
Do have any good beginner AMPs?
Loudspeakers coming are the Audio Monitor Silver 100.

Back