What amp do you run with your Wiim Pro+?

good morning, I hope you can help me. I am with my 54 new to hifi and DAC etc.
I search an AMP for the WiiM pro+ around 500€ could be also an older used one not only new.

I will listen via the WiiM over loudspeakers but also connect my headphone amp to the amplifier there for I need RCA out at the amp.
Do have any good beginner AMPs?
Loudspeakers coming are the Audio Monitor Silver 100.
Very good speakers . They need some distance from the front wall for accurate bass .Audiolab 6000a if you can find an offer

If digital in is not necessary, as I guess because you have the Pro Plus, I can really recommend the Advance Paris X-i50BT. A very good value for money. New to get for around 450 Euro or equivalent. A little more expensive with 600 Euro, with more features and for sure easier to find would be the Marantz PM6007.
Recorder out by Cinch should work for your headphone amplifier and is not so common in this range as it was a while ago.
You could also try the really good headphone out of this fully integrated amplifiers to decide if your HPA pleases you more.

I have just purchased an Audiolab 6000A to go with a new Wiim Pro Plus. They are linked to Monitor Audio Silver RX8 floorstanders and it all sounds fantastic to me and my wife. The Audiolab is a bit more expensive than 500€ but we managed to get one second-hand for £370 so there are ones out there

Got my WiiM pro plus today. I canceld the WiiM AMP cause it would come around april urgh. So the dealer changed it.
I have a good offer for a NAD C328 (used half price). Do you think that is ok?

Marantz PM-15s2

1-jpg.930027

WIIM Pro Plus with the Audiophonics LPSU25 power supply.
Pre-amp: WBE Audio Veracity
Power-amps: WBE Audio Essence 8000 mono power amps (and one pair WBE Audio Fusion 900 mono power amps for the stereo subwoofer, connected via a dbx 223xs active crossover)
CD/SACD: YAMAHA CD-S3000

VU Meter 5.jpg

I connect it to Dynaudio 20XD active speakers using digital coaxial.
The Wiim will be the central hub: It accepts signal from my Denon AVR X7200WA for 2 front channel via Line in if I watch TV or movie. It also accepts music I stream from my phone via Airplay.
The setup works great with auto-sensing enabled for line in, automatically switch between inputs and wake up my speakers.

Last edited:
Have my Pro+ going into an Arcam Solo Mk 1 (full width chassis) that I bought for £120 in mint condition on eBay. This amp (and CD player) when launched would cost almost £2k in today's money. Sounds fabulous feeding Dali Opticon Mk 2 speakers.

Got my WiiM pro plus today. I canceld the WiiM AMP cause it would come around april urgh. So the dealer changed it.
I have a good offer for a NAD C328 (used half price). Do you think that is ok?
Sure that combination will sound good, but remember your speakers are imho by some margin the most important component in the hi-fi chain. Buying superb second hand amplifiers (I recently bought an Arcam Solo Mk 1 amp/CD player in immaculate condition for £120, which when launched would cost almost £2,000 in today's money!!) and fantastic value Wiim streamers essentially allows you to put the majority of your available cash into the highest quality speakers your budget will permit :)

I've just received my Pro+ and getting it up and running was a breeze. (kudos)

I got it connected to a Denon AVR X1600h with a pair of Epipson Prestige Facet 14f tower speakers. The Denon is in "Pure Direct" mode, which in theory bypasses the DSP and the built-in DAC . I was wondering if I could get more out of the setup if I replaced the multipurpose AVR with a stereo amp for better results. Does anyone have a recommendation for an amp that doesn't break the bank and would be appropriate for this setup? Is it even worth it to get a separate amp?

And most importantly how does your setup look like?

Thankies!
My pro plus direct to my Elac navis arb51's. Delighted with the sound
Was using a Willsenton R8 tube amp into Dynaudio emit's and the Elacs leave the other combo for dead

Was using a Willsenton R8 tube amp into Dynaudio emit's and the Elacs leave the other combo for
Was using a Willsenton R8 tube amp into Dynaudio emit's and the Elacs leave the other combo for dead

I've just received my Pro+ and getting it up and running was a breeze. (kudos)

I got it connected to a Denon AVR X1600h with a pair of Epipson Prestige Facet 14f tower speakers. The Denon is in "Pure Direct" mode, which in theory bypasses the DSP and the built-in DAC . I was wondering if I could get more out of the setup if I replaced the multipurpose AVR with a stereo amp for better results. Does anyone have a recommendation for an amp that doesn't break the bank and would be appropriate for this setup? Is it even worth it to get a separate amp?

And most importantly how does your setup look like?

Thankies!
You would still be using an AVR for a preamp and has all kinds of stuff going on in one box. Pre amplification is one of the most important things and always over looked for a stereo amp. AVR’s are good for Home theater. They’re full of tin jumpers because they use generic circuit boards for mass production of other products in their lines. Parts quality and tolerances in an all in one is not the same as a good integrated amp. I don’t think just adding an amplifier is going better your situation. You’re just amplifying what you say you need to change. Look at an integrated with a surround pass through. Does your receiver have pre-outs for the fronts? How efficient are your speakers? What is their impedance? My theory is I would rather have a good integrated or amp and preamp with decent speakers like entry level psb. Than excellent speakers with an AVR. http://audiophile.no/en/articles-tests-reviews/item/426-amplifiers-with-processor-input

Back