What amp do you run with your Wiim Pro+?

I have the WiiM Pro Plus line-connected to a Rega Elicit Mk5 integrated amp. I’ve also hooked it up to the Rega’s internal DAC via Optical. Sounds quite similar, meaning both DACs sound very good.
Next change will be to use my Chord Mojo2 as an external DAC to the Wiim.
Do return to tell us your thoughts on the Mojo2 vs. Rega internal DAC vs. Pro Plus DAC. As a Mojo2 user contemplating an amplifier upgrade it will be helpful to know if there are any obvious differences between the three.

Do return to tell us your thoughts on the Mojo2 vs. Rega internal DAC vs. Pro Plus DAC. As a Mojo2 user contemplating an amplifier upgrade it will be helpful to know if there are any obvious differences between the three.
As said, to my ear there’s no substantial sonic difference between the internal DAC of the WiiM and the DAC inside the Rega.
Mojo2 is substantially better than both. I‘ve just compared by listening to John Williams‘ Raiders of the lost Arc score, the Indiana Jones theme tune. If I hadn’t compared I‘m sure I would have been happy with the first two, but the Mojo2 has more presence, more clarity, a larger soundstage, it grabs me emotionally. The combination of the WiiM with its great app and the Mojo2 is a winner to me. The only issue I have is that WiiM Pro Plus doesn‘t (yet) support DSD properly. WiiM says they‘re working on it. Well, most people won‘t care, but I do.

If you are looking for a new amp and are considering the Rega I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I‘ve tried 4 different amps in recent months after my SUGDEN A21a Class A amp had become a little unreliable due to age. I discovered that the SUGDEN was excellent, a real treat, if a bit archaic due the heat it creates. Way more modern amps couldn’t hold a candle to the 20yr old SUGDEN. One dealer told me I had to spend at least 2.500 Euro to improve on the Sugden and said the Elicit Mk5 would do the job. So I tried it and it brought the search to an end.

Last edited:
for those connecting via the (analog) Line Out, what Audio Settings are you using?

i am connected to an Aragon Soundstage preamp processor.
i have found that i get a lot of clipping and distortion if i set the levels too high so i wonder what levels others have set.

i'm currently setup with:
Fixed Volume Output: ON
Aux Out Level: 1 Vrms
Volume Limit: 50%

thanks.

I'm using the 7.1 multi-channel input on old (one could say, very old, all pre-2010) non-HDMI AVRs - 3 from Denon, and one from Pioneer Elite. Couldn't tell you the exact model off the top of my head. Each of the 4 receivers drives 3 stereo zones, for a total of 12 zones. One streamer is connected to L/R on the MCH input, another streamer to Surround left/surround right, and finally the last one to surround back left/surround back right. Of course the speakers connected to the speaker terminals of each receivers are in different rooms. All receivers have their volume set to 0dB. Ie. I'm using each receiver as a 6-channel power amp. I don't leave them on 24/7 - I have smartplugs on them to limit power consumption.

The multi-channel inputs bypass the bass management and I believe all other digital processing in the AVRs, so this is good for connecting external DACs. I was using 12 Chromecast audios with this setup until this weekend. I'm going to switch them all to Wiim Pro Plus.
1 done so far, 11 to go.

I'm using the 7.1 multi-channel input on old (one could say, very old, all pre-2010) non-HDMI AVRs - 3 from Denon, and one from Pioneer Elite. Couldn't tell you the exact model off the top of my head. Each of the 4 receivers drives 3 stereo zones, for a total of 12 zones. One streamer is connected to L/R on the MCH input, another streamer to Surround left/surround right, and finally the last one to surround back left/surround back right. Of course the speakers connected to the speaker terminals of each receivers are in different rooms. All receivers have their volume set to 0dB. Ie. I'm using each receiver as a 6-channel power amp. I don't leave them on 24/7 - I have smartplugs on them to limit power consumption.

The multi-channel inputs bypass the bass management and I believe all other digital processing in the AVRs, so this is good for connecting external DACs. I was using 12 Chromecast audios with this setup until this weekend. I'm going to switch them all to Wiim Pro Plus.
1 done so far, 11 to go.
Wow! 12 CCAs and here I felt bad for having 4. 😁

Hi all,
I am using my Wiim Pro connected to an Advance Paris A10 amp... using the inside DAC of the amp (inside DAC is an Asahi Kasei AK4490)
The Wiim is connected by optic cable to the AMP... Bit perfect... powered by Qobuz in the Wiim app

Attachments

• advance-paris-a10-classic.jpeg
    advance-paris-a10-classic.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
My WiiM Pro Plus is connected to a Michi P5 Series 2 Preamp and twi Michi M8 Mono Amplifier. It is a dream, listening to Amazon Music Ultra HD and Tidal is pure joy!

My Miles Davis Funko Pop was the high-endishts improvement to the sound. Softer mids, wider soundstage, perfect treble. Like a curtain thrown away! Have to find the perfect place. Between turntable and left speaker is good, but sure a better positioning is possible 😇😂

Do you hear a significant improvement with the P3?
Nah, I could have gotten away with using just the Pro+, but I thought the P3 looked pretty sharp as the top of the stack. I have other options for detailed listening. This was a replacement for a converted boom-box. Boom-box with Bluetooth/FM transmitter. The new setup is definitely purdier, eh?

IMG_20230907_233342476.jpg

I have my Pro Plus hooked up to my Hegel h390, I use the DAC inside the Wiim, sounds great 😃
Hi
Just wondering - is the sound of the Pro Plus preferable to the Hegel’s internal dac?

Hi
Just wondering - is the sound of the Pro Plus preferable to the Hegel’s internal dac?
Must admit, I was surprised to see the wiim dac being used over the h390 dac, so same question from me too!
For the regular pro, I much (much) prefer my h190 dac, even if (or perhaps because) it resamples everything to 105khz.

Pro Plus connected rca to Rega IO little analogue amp feeding Q Acoustics 3050i. I need to set the output to 0.8 vrms to keep volume at 100%.

Back