Subwoofer choice item

JBRAN

Just received my Wiim amp and satisfied with it so far. A few glitches in software but probably hammared out in due time. However a wish for the subwoofer setup - as for now it limit what is sent to main speakers, like, if you set crossover to 60Hz it will not send signals under that to main speakers. It would be great to have the opportunity be able to set it w/o any limitations to main sp. but have that sorted out by the subwoofer and get full signal to speakers. In other words another toggle with or without crossover egen enabling sub.

Just received my Wiim amp and satisfied with it so far. A few glitches in software but probably hammared out in due time. However a wish for the subwoofer setup - as for now it limit what is sent to main speakers, like, if you set crossover to 60Hz it will not send signals under that to main speakers. It would be great to have the opportunity be able to set it w/o any limitations to main sp. but have that sorted out by the subwoofer and get full signal to speakers. In other words another toggle with or without crossover egen enabling sub.
The sub out sends the full signal without crossing over the mains if you don't use bass management, as far as I know. You can see it in Darko Audio review.

no signal sent to sub if sub output is set to null. If toggled WiiM Amp will not send signal below crossover frequence to main speakers (jbran review 😉) IMG_4611.png

Hi,

My English isn't great. Please let me know if I understood this correctly: So if the subwoofer is set to on and a XO frequency is set, the main speakers are high-passed at the XO frequency. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Selim

A independent setting of high-pass filter (speakers) and low-pass filter (sub) would be fantastic!
I would like those settings on ALL devices, and be able to apply them to ALL outputs.

e.g., I would like to be able to apply a high pass filter to the output of the speakers of a wiim mini even if that wiim isn't connected to a sub (because some other wiim is connected to a sub).

I have a question too. If the sub has on het low pass filter knobs 80 Hz to 160 Hz.
Can i set the sub below the 80 Hz on the sub through the app?
And if i use the app do i have to do nothing on the knobs( volume, low pass filter 80/160Hz) itself??

I have a question too. If the sub has on het low pass filter knobs 80 Hz to 160 Hz.
And if i use the app do i have to do nothing on the knobs( volume, low pass filter 80/160Hz) itself??

If you have the app set to to say 100 Hz the Wiim will send everything 100 Hz and below to the Sub. If the knob is set to 80 then the sub will only play 80 and below. So you will lose those Hz between 80 and 100. Make sure you are not eliminating any frequencies. The knob has to be set to at least what the app is set to.

Thanks for you,re reply.
But i cant set to knob to 80( it only goes to 80)and set the app tot 60? The sub will then only play frequencies to 80 hz?
The frequency respons of my speakers is:
Frequency response ± 3dB60 - 22000 Hz
On what frequency if have to set the sub? The knob on the lowest freqeuncy has only 80 Hz..

Often you can disable the low pass filter on the sub by a seperate switch. This is what I would do. For your speakers I would try a cross frequency round about 80 Hz ... mayby a bit higher.

Thanks for you,re reply.
But i cant set to knob to 80( it only goes to 80)and set the app tot 60? The sub will then only play frequencies to 80 hz?
The frequency respons of my speakers is:
Frequency response ± 3dB60 - 22000 Hz
On what frequency if have to set the sub? The knob on the lowest freqeuncy has only 80 Hz..
If you set the lowpass to 60Hz in the WiiM app, only audio below 60Hz will be sent from the WiiM amp sub-out. In other words, even if the subwoofer knob is set to 160Hz, only audio below 60Hz can be played.

example;
WHA: 60Hz, Sub: 160Hz, = Only audio below 60Hz is played.
WHA: 120Hz, Sub: 60Hz = Only audio below 60Hz is played.

I think it's common to cross at the lowest frequency of the main speakers (60Hz, or general 80Hz), but many small bookshelves increase distortion below 100Hz. In that case, one way is to cross before the distortion increases. And adjusting the volume is also important.

I think you'll need to go through a lot of trial and error until it sounds good for you. 😄

Thanks all for youre reply.
So if i set the knob to 80( lowest it can go) and i set the wiim home app to 60 the sub plays only 80 because it can't go lower?
Because the wiim app can go lower but the sub can't??
Sorry for again this question. That what you get from a beginner on the sub manner 😀😀👍

Thanks all for youre reply.
So if i set the knob to 80( lowest it can go) and i set the wiim home app to 60 the sub plays only 80 because it can't go lower?
Because the wiim app can go lower but the sub can't??
Sorry for again this question. That what you get from a beginner on the sub manner 😀😀👍
No, it plays 60Hz.

No, it plays 60Hz.
Ok that's great..now its practicing for me to set it up correctly.
I've been waiting for my split cable.( Y RCA connector)
On the sub there are 2 RCA line in connectors. Now I ordered a splitter so I can connect it to both the white and red connector.
The single cable is already delivered.
But I ask myself is there any benefit connected to both the RCA,s? I did read I could sound better then when connecting it only to one RCA input being it white or red .
What are your thoughts about this?

Thank you so much for all your help😊👍

Ok that's great..now its practicing for me to set it up correctly.
I've been waiting for my split cable.( Y RCA connector)
On the sub there are 2 RCA line in connectors. Now I ordered a splitter so I can connect it to both the white and red connector.
The single cable is already delivered.
But I ask myself is there any benefit connected to both the RCA,s? I did read I could sound better then when connecting it only to one RCA input being it white or red .
What are your thoughts about this?

Thank you so much for all your help😊👍
Considering that the WiiM sub-out is mono, the result is probably the same either way. Please check it with your ears. 😉

Back