Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

They will have to make 10-band PEQ available and adjustable manually for people with Daytons and UMIKs... connected to computers, not phones. Otherwise I'm going to be disappointed :(
Given that RC uses ten bands, hopefully they’ll soon extend that to the current PEQ screen. Given their focus on development of the mobile versions of the WiiM Home app compared to the beta desktop version, I don’t see them bringing RC to the desktop in the near future, but that’s just my personal opinion.

I haven't received anything yet! Ah!!! Anyone tried with Android? I don't buy any Apple products haha.
The inconsistency in performance of Android device microphones presents a significant obstacle for their use in Room Correction tasks. Consequently, our next step will be to explore the feasibility of utilizing the microphone in the WiiM Remote for this purpose.

Yeah, I have a Dayton IMM-6 which I used with HouseCurve. The WiiM Home app didn’t appear to recognise its presence.

Edit: even if it could, it would also need a function to load the calibration data. Again, no sign of that in this version.
Thank you.😉

It's a bit disappointing, but I'd be happy if we could use the IMM-6 and IMM-6C on Android in the future.

By the way, can you get a little more detail on the following?

ーーーーーーーー
@WiiM Support said,
We are currently evaluating whether to keep Room Correction and EQ as combined features or to separate them entirely.
ーーーーーーーー

I don't know the specific difference between the two.

「Room Correction and EQ as combined features」
Does this mean that the results of the room correction will be reflected in the PEQ and can be adjusted manually?

「separate them entirely 」
Does this mean that the current PEQ can be used separately from the correction PEQ?

The inconsistency in performance of Android device microphones presents a significant obstacle for their use in Room Correction tasks. Consequently, our next step will be to explore the feasibility of utilizing the microphone in the WiiM Remote for this purpose.

Can you make the Dayton IMM-6 (or IMM-6C) available for users who have an external microphone for Android?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you.😉

It's a bit disappointing, but I'd be happy if we could use the IMM-6 and IMM-6C on Android in the future.

By the way, can you get a little more detail on the following?

ーーーーーーーー
@WiiM Support said,
We are currently evaluating whether to keep Room Correction and EQ as combined features or to separate them entirely.
ーーーーーーーー

I don't know the specific difference between the two.

「Room Correction and EQ as combined features」
Does this mean that the results of the room correction will be reflected in the PEQ and can be adjusted manually?

「separate them entirely 」
Does this mean that the current PEQ can be used separately from the correction PEQ?
Sorry for the confusion.

The Room Correction is a process used in audio reproduction to improve the sound quality within a room.
It plays a crucial role in tailoring the audio experience to suit the specific acoustics of a room. Building upon this, individuals often find it beneficial to adjust the equalizer (EQ) settings for a variety of audio content, including podcasts, TV shows, music, and more.

For instance, consider a scenario where a user employs:
  • Room Correction: Active
  • Graphic EQ: Pop
In this example, the room correction actively adapts the audio output to the room's acoustics, while the graphic EQ is set to the 'Pop' mode, optimizing the sound for pop music. This combination of room correction and EQ settings is designed to deliver an optimal listening experience, ensuring that the audio is not only acoustically balanced in the room but also tailored to the specific genre or type of content being played. This holistic approach guarantees a more immersive and enjoyable audio experience for the listener.

Additionally:
- Pro Plus beta FW is 4.8.611251
- a single sweep test signal is used, so 2 channels are used the same time for correction purposes

Can you make the Dayton IMMC-6 (or IMMC-6C) available for users who have an external microphone for Android?

Thank you.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion. We are exploring the possibility of utilizing an external microphone for Room Correction to enhance its accuracy and effectiveness.

Sorry for the confusion.

The Room Correction is a process used in audio reproduction to improve the sound quality within a room.
It plays a crucial role in tailoring the audio experience to suit the specific acoustics of a room. Building upon this, individuals often find it beneficial to adjust the equalizer (EQ) settings for a variety of audio content, including podcasts, TV shows, music, and more.

For instance, consider a scenario where a user employs:
  • Room Correction: Active
  • Graphic EQ: Pop
In this example, the room correction actively adapts the audio output to the room's acoustics, while the graphic EQ is set to the 'Pop' mode, optimizing the sound for pop music. This combination of room correction and EQ settings is designed to deliver an optimal listening experience, ensuring that the audio is not only acoustically balanced in the room but also tailored to the specific genre or type of content being played. This holistic approach guarantees a more immersive and enjoyable audio experience for the listener.

Thanks, that makes more sense now that I think about it, although I don’t see an indication that room correction is active after analysis completes.

Well, this sucks......... but i do understand... how about selling a phone attachable mic like Dayton iMM-6C? I will gladly buy one as it will be much superior to a phone mic.

Yes, we plan to utilize Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to extract filter settings from various sources such as House Curve and REW. Following this, we will convert these filter settings into a 10-band Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) format suitable for Room Correction purposes.

A 10 band PEQ 20 Hz - 15 kHz with manual value insertion as currently with the 4 band PEQ would be all I need.

Imo that should be a relatively easy user story to develop making a lot of people very happy!

At least, can an android user still use 10 band peq with the beta firmware without the room correction function?

At least, can an android user still use 10 band peq with the beta firmware without the room correction function?
No, as I said in comment #7 , the PEQ screen still just shows 4 bands. However, I'd expect that to change given RC uses ten

@WiiM Support,
Thank you. I look forward to it. 😉

Beta farms have come down on my WiiM Amp and Pro. I can't room correction yet, but "Adjust EQ for each source individually" seems to work fine. 🤗

Given that RC uses ten bands, hopefully they’ll soon extend that to the current PEQ screen. Given their focus on development of the mobile versions of the WiiM Home app compared to the beta desktop version, I don’t see them bringing RC to the desktop in the near future, but that’s just my personal opinion.

That's not what I meant; I'm sorry for expressing myself poorly. English isn't my native language.

Use your Dayton/UMIK on your computer, get measurements (REW, for example), input them into the mobile app manually - for that, the current 4-band PEQ needs to go to 10-band PEQ. Should not be hard to do. The OCR thing they mentioned seems like too much of a chore for something that can just be solved by changing the PEQ screen...

Beta desktop version not involved :)

That's not what I meant; I'm sorry for expressing myself poorly. English isn't my native language.

Use your Dayton/UMIK on your computer, get measurements (REW, for example), input them into the mobile app manually - for that, the current 4-band PEQ needs to go to 10-band PEQ. Should not be hard to do. The OCR thing they mentioned seems like too much of a chore for something that can just be solved by changing the PEQ screen...

Beta desktop version not involved :)
OK, I understand now - while English is my first language, I often misconstrue things ;). I can't see why they'll not enhance the PEQ screen to accommodate 10 bands as RC is using that, hopefully by the public release of the beta firmware

Back