Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Even though RC uses 10 bands, the non-RC PEQ settings page in the app still only shows 4 - I don’t know if that will be changed to match the 10 available for RC.

** It would also be useful if it offered the option to cap the volume limit based on its RC results to guard against digital clipping, as has been noted elsewhere in the forum can be done in REW

** potential area for improvement

Sorry, just a thought. I don’t know if this is possible, or if you’ve tried it, but can you turn RC off, and if so, might that then allow the PEQ to reappear? Possibly with >4 bands?

Probably not, as I say just a thought.

Last edited:
Throwing some thoughts in case they are included ignore this post . Offer correction below Schroeder and only cuts . If it has boosts it needs to be able to use 1 or 2db so it is in a safe range for speakers . Also it should be able to do the corrections with the less amount of filters needed and adjust automatically the volume to give the necessary headroom according to the correction settings. Also is time correction included ?

Last edited:
Got the beta up and working....very impressed. Anyone know if the test signals use sub-out? My "measured" chart shows significant drop off from 100hz down yet I have an svs sb1000pro pumping out for gobs of bass. My eq then has significant bass boost so when applied it nearly blows me out the room :)

Update:
Just checked this myself by jumping to the sub and holding it when the test signals starts. It does play through the sub which makes the bass roll off measurement puzzling. The resultant eq is unusable for me with 12db lf boost. Anyone else seeing this? Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Got the beta up and working....very impressed. Anyone know if the test signals use sub-out? My "measured" chart shows significant drop off from 100hz down yet I have an svs sb1000pro pumping out for gobs of bass. My eq then has significant bass boost so when applied it nearly blows me out the room :)

Update:
Just checked this myself by jumping to the sub and holding it when the test signals starts. It does play through the sub which makes the bass roll off measurement puzzling. The resultant eq is unusable for me with 12db lf boost. Anyone else seeing this? Am I doing something wrong?
I just finish using the calibration but the sub seems to dominate the rest of the spectrum.

Turn off room eq by enabling the regular EQ feature that I have set to flat so I spot the difference.

What do you mean by dominate the rest of the spectrum?

Turn off room eq by enabling the regular EQ feature that I have set to flat so I spot the difference.

What do you mean by dominate the rest of the spectrum?
I don’t use eq so how do disable it?

I’m a bit flummoxed as to why 10-band isn’t immediately available outside of RC.

Perhaps it’s because RC is still in beta, and they’d have to have 2 versions of PEQ out in the wild at once?
10 band PEQ is arguably an offshoot of RC, but they’d need to spend time updating the PEQ table and graphs page in the app which they don’t need updated for RC and that’s where I guess they decided to place their focus.

I see there’s a similar question/complaint on ASR wondering why they didn’t do 10 band PEQ for android and iOS, then add RC just for Apple users. Then they’d have iOS users complaining about the delay in getting RC because of Android user complaints. They can’t win…🤷‍♂️

I don’t use eq so how do disable it?
First entry in "Sound" section of settings is EQ and inside there is a toggle to enable/disable. Enabled EQ with "Flat" preset is the same at no EQ. When Room EQ does its thing it turns off the regular EQ so to override Room EQ I switch back on EQ and hence get back to Flat.

Dear WiiM-team,

notwithstanding the results of the room correction tool (with its challenging aspects of mic calibration, target curves, low room modes, low filling dips etc), please extend the EQs additionally in the EQ-section to be manually fine tuned, channel separated.

Last edited:
Unrelated to room correction itself, or perhaps indirectly, I’m having problems using ChromeCast from the Qobuz app to both my Pro and Amp which have the beta firmware - tracks in the play queue are rapidly skipped and not played. It works fine with my non-beta firmware on the Pro Plus. While Spotify Connect works OK, trying to connect from the Spotify app using ChromeCast immediately disconnects. AlexaCast works from the Amazon Music app ok, but using ChromeCast there just freezes.
Ticket has been raised to WiiM, so hopefully they’ll identify the root cause and fix it.
Thanks very much for your feedback; we will fix this issue and release a new beta firmware ASAP.

Ran on my setup. Then played some pink noise from a test album on Tidal. While listening, after room correction, I switched EQ flat on. There was a distinct difference in sound, so it’s clearly changing the response. Would be nice to be able to switch back and forth while playing music to compare, but switching the EQ from flat to off made no difference, so I assume the room EQ is destroyed once EQ is turned on.

Anyway, very subtle differences seen on the RME’s spectrum display. Sorry about the crappy focus.

With room correction

IMG_1939.jpeg

EQ off
IMG_1940.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

Ran on my setup. Then played some pink noise from a test album on Tidal. While listening, after room correction, I switched EQ flat on. There was a distinct difference in sound, so it’s clearly changing the response. Would be nice to be able to switch back and forth while playing music to compare, but switching the EQ from flat to off made no difference, so I assume the room EQ is destroyed once EQ is turned on.

Anyway, very subtle differences seen on the RME’s spectrum display. Sorry about the crappy focus.

With room correction

View attachment 5726

EQ off
View attachment 5725

View attachment 5727

Do you have a subwoofer in your setup?

My chart looks like this...
1711073129551.png

...suspect it's not dealing with crossover point well.

Do you have a subwoofer in your setup?

My chart looks like this...
View attachment 5729

...suspect it's not dealing with crossover point well.
No sub, just a pair of nearfield JBL monitors which extend nicely to 50Hz.

index.php

With room correction

View attachment 5726

EQ off
View attachment 5725

View attachment 5727
Is the first image in a state where RC is enabled?
The second image looks flatter..🤔

I’m using subwoofer on my setup and using wiim amp. After the calibration, the sub produce powerful bass that dominate the mid and high meaning strong bass and weak midrange and high. Is the phone should be facing the middle of both speaker or straight up like audessey when calibration?

Back