Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

I have Android and only use the DSP on sub.. if am not registered in beta it's not for nothing and the subject is too delicate...

(for me it's the peq in headphone correction mode which might interest me be the day when it will be available improved)

I'm just reacting to the first feedbacks which shows that for the moment major precautions have not been taken into account..that's all... "for the moment.." ;-)

but rest assured I will keep quiet about it now ;-) ;-)
Ok, fair enough, it sounded like you were on the beta and experiencing that issue or wishing for it to be corrected. Cheers :)

Ok, c'est vrai, il semblait que vous étiez sur la version bêta et que vous rencontriez ce problème ou que vous souhaitiez qu'il soit corrigé. Acclamations:)
:cool:
just for beta-testers feedbacks
no problemo ;-)

Last edited:
Dear WiiM, this RC looks like its target is flat. It’s usually thought that the target should sloped, with about 5dB less at 20Hz than 100Hz.

Will you be introducing custom curves? Because as it stands, if you want a correct slope, this is close to useless.
Hi Team,

The current version of the target curve is flat. In our next release, we'll support other types of target curves, such as B&K, Harman, etc. Please stay tuned!

Hi Steve,

We'll support a delay for the subwoofer out first. I'll bring this to our Eng. team for further investigation. Please stay tuned!

AAARGH!

Thanks for replying, but that's maybe the wrong way around.

At the moment, we're talking about the Amp (though we will be talking about the Ultra soon enough).

Any delay to the signal due to processing in the amp will be the same for both mains and sub, so no delay required. The only reason the sub might be out of time is if it does it's own processing (except * below), which delays the signal further. So including delay for the sub out can only make it worse.

You need need delay on the mains, so that if the sub's processing slows the signal down, you can slow the mains by the same amount.

Adding delay to the sub and not the mains on the Amp is, as far as I can tell, completely useless, * apart from the very rare set up where you have a 2.1 system with the sub closer to you than the mains - it's more likely the mains will be closer, with the sub tucked away somewhere.

Please reconsider.

Many thanks.

AAARGH!

Thanks for replying, but that's maybe the wrong way around.

At the moment, we're talking about the Amp (though we will be talking about the Ultra soon enough).

Any delay to the signal due to processing in the amp will be the same for both mains and sub, so no delay required. The only reason the sub might be out of time is if it does it's own processing (except * below), which delays the signal further. So including delay for the sub out can only make it worse.

You need need delay on the mains, so that if the sub's processing slows the signal down, you can slow the mains by the same amount.

Adding delay to the sub and not the mains on the Amp is, as far as I can tell, completely useless, * apart from the very rare set up where you have a 2.1 system with the sub closer to you than the mains - it's more likely the mains will be closer, with the sub tucked away somewhere.

Please reconsider.

Many thanks.
They didn't say whether it would be a positive or negative delay ;) :p

Is the low and high frequency boost caused by device's mic? I feel that the graphs posted by some testers are inconsistent. If this is RC issues, should see commonalities there. 🤔

I don’t think a flat line correction will lead to good results in non acoustically treated rooms(like most have) where we have reflections , standing waves and other acoustic issues… Has anyone here that tested RC liked the result ?

Is the low and high frequency boost caused by device's mic? I feel that the graphs posted by some testers are inconsistent. If this is RC issues, should see commonalities there. 🤔
That's one possible reason.

Also, it is not overly clever to try and compensate the combined output of both speakers, playing a coherent monophonic signal up to 20 kHz. As the wave length becomes very short (~3.4 cm at 10 kHz) the microphone might pick up a cancellation of both speaker outputs easily, if it is not exactly equidistant to both speakers. This could be shown as a dip where there actually is none.

That's one possible reason.

Also, it is not overly clever to try and compensate the combined output of both speakers, playing a coherent monophonic signal up to 20 kHz. As the wave length becomes very short (~3.4 cm at 10 kHz) the microphone might pick up a cancellation of both speaker outputs easily, if it is not exactly equidistant to both speakers. This could be shown as a dip where there actually is none.

You can take many measurements in various positions and get the average .

Not with the WiiM Home app beta as it currently stands. While you might be able to run RC setup several times and note the ten PEQ bands, you don’t have a means of entering the averages (however you’d work that out) and enter the values manually.

Not with the WiiM Home app beta as it currently stands. While you might be able to run RC setup several times and note the ten PEQ bands, you don’t have a means of entering the averages (however you’d work that out) and enter the values manually.
HouseCurve does it automatically … I hope there is nothing manual in this process!

As @Brantome said, yes, if it was currently possible.

HouseCurve allows averaging multiple measurements automatically? I didn't know that.

For now and to suit power users as well as the average Joe I would really prefer to limit automatic RC to lower frequencies (like 1 kHz max) and allow additional multiband PEQ to be applied on top of (or rather independently of) RC.

Back