Above 96kHz there will be silence.

Wiimer

Major Contributor
Today, suddenly it happened.

When I'm playing Amazon music on WiiM, certain songs are silenced. Apparently, only 24bit/96KHz and 192kHz tracks cannot be played. But WHA is playing and there is no sound.

I did an audio test for COAX. Yes, there is no sound at 96KHz and 192kHz.

I disconnected the coaxial cable from the Wiim and reinserted it. I tested it again and it sounded fine.

I don't know the cause of this issue, but if you encounter the same symptoms, try the test audio.

That's all what you did and it helped?
Maybe some static charges or something similar which was distorting the output signal above the acceptable threshold and preventing the higher frequencies ( = higher bandwidth required, more strict timing etc.) to work properly. WiiM's output is not isolated.
Hi, @onlyoneme 🙂

Yes, It was solved by disconnecting the coaxial cable once. I have been able to play without any problems for these two days.

If you know of any good ways to reduce static electricity, please let me know. Can I turn off static electricity by wrapping an aluminum sheet around a coaxial cable?🤔

Thanks.

I don't think so. Discharging can be probably made with a correct grounding but there is also a ground loop risk involved. I have no serious background in electronics therefore no specific advice.
I just prefer to use toslink whenever possible to avoid electrical issues.

I use both Toslink and Coax so I don't seem to be able to escape that problem.
However, if I solve the problem just by unplugging the cable, there is no problem.

Anyway, thank you.

My irrelevant but long lasting experience with this enemy is: Not at all! With my turntables I tried during five decades probably all existing stuff including voodoo. It helped sometimes, but sometimes this devil is at home in details.
Wrong floor material, wrong soles of your shoes, wrong humidity....and it can touch the digital things also. And coffee mills too
😉

My irrelevant but long lasting experience with this enemy is: Not at all! With my turntables I tried during five decades probably all existing stuff including voodoo. It helped sometimes, but sometimes this devil is at home in details.
Wrong floor material, wrong soles of your shoes, wrong humidity....and it can touch the digital things also. And coffee mills too
😉
You are a fun person, but tell me what I should do now🙂
I don't have a coffee mill in my house. I like tea.😉

If I have the same problem again, I will share it with here and the support team.

I am honored to meet so many pal here.
Thank you.😉

24 bits / 96KHz and above are encoding formats for studio work, not for listening.

16 bits / 48KHz is the best sampling rate you can expect for listening : so called "hires" formats are marketing bullshit and can even downgrade listening quality.

This has been demonstrated and explained in numerous articles and blind tests.

24 bits / 96KHz and above are encoding formats for studio work, not for listening.

16 bits / 48KHz is the best sampling rate you can expect for listening : so called "hires" formats are marketing bullshit and can even downgrade listening quality.

This has been demonstrated and explained in numerous articles and blind tests.
I love such "BASTA" statements 😉.
"not for listening", "is the best sampling rate", "can even", "has been demonstrated and explained". Wow..

Back