Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

I forgot to say that on iOS version, if you touch the bitrate indication, it toggles with "Max" back and forth.
On android, touching "flac" badge, it opens streaming preferences.
On android when you just click "MAX" it changes to FLAC. When you press-hold it it gets you to the preferences
In windows it opens the tab for Audio Quality where you see Max: up to 24bit,192Khz. But this is not clear what is the real streaming quality of the file playing

That's how it should look, but yet obviously not does.
With nice wired headphones and a decent dongle DAC in Android

Screenshot_20231019_112510_TIDAL.jpeg

and in IOS

IMG_1774.jpeg
directly from the apps.

I have a FIIO M11 that I can try.
But Unfortunately with Tidal on Windows 11 connecting with the Wiim Pro Plus via Tidal Connect I am not sure about the quality I am streaming.

On android when you just click "MAX" it changes to FLAC. When you press-hold it it gets you to the preferences
In windows it opens the tab for Audio Quality where you see Max: up to 24bit,192Khz. But this is not clear what is the real streaming quality of the file playing
Maybe I'm still on an older tidal Android version. My last Android update is older than whom on iOS...
For the real streaming rate, WiiM app is still very useful.

Last edited:
I registered for Beta and got 4.8.532846 yesterday and that is still the status..

The example I have posted in above is such example. Even if it is likely not everyone's taste 😉
The Tidal app shows and plays it in 192/24 flac.*
Tidal connect plays it with obviously a few stuttering issues which should be solved with a new firmware as WiiM posted.
Tidal integrated in WiiM home shows only Master MQA files and not FLAC as far as I've noticed.

*Edit: Both Android and iPad OS

Last edited:
The example I have posted in above is such example. Even if it is likely not everyone's taste 😉
The Tidal app shows and plays it in 192/24 flac.*
Tidal connect plays it with obviously a few stuttering issues which should be solved with a new firmware as WiiM posted.
Tidal integrated in WiiM home shows only Master MQA files and not FLAC as far as I've noticed.

*Edit: Both Android and iPad OS
So strange for me. Even playing your example John Coltrane track through Tidal Connect, it is limited to 96Khz, as per my DAC display.
There must be a setting somewhere I am missing, but I cannot see it!

Back