Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

When I play tidal though the Wiim android app (no tidal connect) the screen shows 24bit/96. (wiim pro plus)
When I play with tidal connect via my tidal windows app my android wimm app (which is not playing but just syncing) shows 24/192!!!
Which one is correct!!!!!!

I would go with the one which sounds better. If it matters you have to hear and recognize it 😂😇

This god damn Placebo.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It may sound better when you see it also!!!!!

hahahahahaha

For me it is simple. In private life and in business I always insist in getting what I've paid for! So if a streaming service charges me for High Resolution or a hifi component has certain specs it is intolerable not to get it.
But I guess the number of multi millionaires here is quite small. So I bet that most of the gear has to fight already bringing the existing quality of RedBook CDs to the ears. It was always big fun letting visitors or even "educated, over average and experienced" listeners try to identify what was CD quality or HiRes with quite decent equipment. May be I simply do not know people with such golden ears. 😉
But coming back where it started. I pay for something and I want to get it delivered. Full stop.
And if there really is a difference I am prepared 😂.

When I play tidal though the Wiim android app (no tidal connect) the screen shows 24bit/96. (wiim pro plus)
When I play with tidal connect via my tidal windows app my android wimm app (which is not playing but just syncing) shows 24/192!!!
Which one is correct!!!!!!
The second one. WiiM app is not yet updated to play hi-res flac but can shows what is passing through.

My solution is this:
I will play through the Tidal Windows App which is more convenient for me (it shows MAX as quality)
but when I want to check the sound quality I will look the Wiim app in my android phone which shows 24bit/192Khz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic!!!!!

With the just arrived new beta FW, stuttering disappeared.
Now, all 192khz streams are correct, even those over 6000Kbit/sec.

Last edited:
Hi, if you're interested in beta testing Tidal Hi-Res please fill out this form. We'll OTA the beta firmware next week.

I just signed up - please add me :)

Hi, I received the newest beta (thanks a lot Wiim Team for your swift reply). I don't have so much feedback to add... All works smooth with various bitrates.

Back