Chromecast Audio support

Lurtz

I'm wondering why the WiiM Mini has Airplay support, but no Chromecast Audio support. Does this require support in hardware or is this a software implementation and could maybe arrive in a future firmware update?

Chromecast Audio support is the only thing missing for me in the Mini, but to pay double for a Pro just for this feature seems not really worth it.

I could however stream any audio source from my Android phone to the Mini via Bluetooth, is that correct?

I'm wondering why the WiiM Mini has Airplay support, but no Chromecast Audio support. Does this require support in hardware or is this a software implementation and could maybe arrive in a future firmware update?

Chromecast Audio support is the only thing missing for me in the Mini, but to pay double for a Pro just for this feature seems not really worth it.

I could however stream any audio source from my Android phone to the Mini via Bluetooth, is that correct?
As has been mentioned on the forum, the Mini doesn't have the hardware spec to support Chromecast so there's no chance of it supporting Chromecast now or in the future

You can bluetooth from your phone to your Mini but if that's the extent of your use of the mini, you'd be as well off with a cheap bluetooth receiver.

Thank you for the clarification. Just out of curiosity, is this a mere question of hardware performance or is Chromecast using some proprietary piece of hardware? I always assumed it was operating over Wifi.

It is not, I mainly bought it for using streaming services that are already integrated, it would just be a nice bonus on some occasions.

Back