Equalizer: 10 PEQs per channel please

maybe with the experience of this 4 bands, wiim now has a more precise idea of what the pro-pro plus hardware could achieve in the future for a peq...?
(while keeping a sufficiently qualitative resolution (96/24 ?),otherwise what's the point, see, classically in xbands*2 )
;-)

Would you choose 10 bands or FIR filters? You can correct most problems with 4band peq

Of course, FIR filter would be the king's class, but WiiM CPU capacity may not be sufficient (?) for a reasonable number of taps@up to 192kHz.
Therefore, we probably remain with the IIR-PEQs for now.

Depending on your problem perception, quality level and measuring equipment/software you can easily use 4 or xxx PEQs.

Unless you have independent filters for left and right channel it doesn't make sense for room correction anyway. If you want to apply a house curve then the 4 PEQ filters we have now are more than enough.

Unless you have independent filters for left and right channel it doesn't make sense for room correction anyway. If you want to apply a house curve then the 4 PEQ filters we have now are more than enough.
I don't agree..
just for example:
correcting,modestly, for example in the bass a single poorly placed speaker, a corner etc. can be nice....the power to only engage the correction on one channel can be useful...(in pro it is generally differentiated l/r)...

Last edited:
I don't agree..
just for example:
correcting,modestly, for example in the bass a single poorly placed speaker, a corner etc. can be nice....the power to only engage the correction on one channel can be useful...(in pro it is generally differentiated l/r)...
You are actually agreeing with his statement though, are you not?

You are actually agreeing with his statement though, are you not?
just that without considering the heavy "acoustic correction" (which made me react stupidly), but something more modest...the simple fact of differentiating or only applying one channel can make sense....sorry...stupid from me..

Yes, you are right. 2 independent PEQ filters for left and right channel would make more sense for room correction than 4 filters that work on both channels. If that's what you mean.

I followed the eq to Schroeder approach. Just corrected for the room mode at 86.4 and I think it sounds more transparent to me than the previous setting. Only one band used.

Yes, you are right. 2 independent PEQ filters for left and right channel would make more sense for room correction than 4 filters that work on both channels. If that's what you mean.
(in pro it's often 2*5)... what could be interesting is the use for the correction of headphones... and I understand that it often oscillates between 4 and 6 bands (but 1* not l+r)
which confirms?
(I was also wondering if it was possible to have a given number of bands but that we would distribute as desired between the two channels...?)
but also more simply, is wiim planning to enrich this peq mode or not? upgrade.it? a balance?
we can hope that you have the memory computing power of the pros it is possible to do better than this 4 running on the mini, right?
;-)

Last edited:
Dear Wiim team,

can we expect any improvement on the PEQ topic, e.g. channel separation or number of PEQs?
That would be really great stuff...

Last edited:
hi, any idea why there aren't independent filters for left and right? I have never seen PEQ without this functionality.

The new roadmap indicates they're working on 8 channels of PEQ, but unclear if that's 4xR + 4xL or just 8xboth

Back