How to stop the music!

Staresyj

Major Contributor
As someone not tip top at all things app wise!, I have something I don’t know how to fix! How do you close the Wiim pro app and stop the music (I am using Qobuz accessed direct from Wiim App). It’s not as simple as swiping up from my iPhone and closing the app because believe me I have tried that dozens of times and the music keeps playing even if my phone looks like it’s closed it down, it hasn’t.. find myself forced to disconnect the power to the Wiim to resolve, this can’t be correct?! What am I not doing or understanding??

Press the pause button?
Yes I can do that - but but it's still sitting there on pause if I want to stream from another platform other than Qobuz? maybe I am being thick, maybe you can't stop it by just closing the app with a swipe but that function works on say Apple Music?

Yes I can do that - but but it's still sitting there on pause if I want to stream from another platform other than Qobuz? maybe I am being thick, maybe you can't stop it by just closing the app with a swipe but that function works on say Apple Music?
It will stop when you use a protocol which can disconnect from the WiiM, like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect or Chromecast. You can only pause from WiiM Home app.
You can stop in every case if you use http api, like below:

https://<wiim_ip>/httpapi.asp?command=setPlayerCmd:stop

You can use it in the web browser.

Edit: you can stop it from the WiiM app when you change the source input.

@Staresyj - Apple Music is playing on your phone and sending the stream to your WiiM via AirPlay - that’s why it works like that. When you’re playing just about anything else, the WiiM is connected directly to the service and your phone is just a remote control. And that’s why quitting the app lets the music keep playing, just open the app back up and hit pause or select another source.

@Staresyj - Apple Music is playing on your phone and sending the stream to your WiiM via AirPlay - that’s why it works like that. When you’re playing just about anything else, the WiiM is connected directly to the service and your phone is just a remote control. And that’s why quitting the app lets the music keep playing, just open the app back up and hit pause or select another source.
That does make a lot of sense, I hadn’t considered that. Thanks, always nice to get a query answered!

I'm not sure WiiM is connected directly to the service and your phone is just a remote control applies to Apple Airplay.

I'm not sure WiiM is connected directly to the service and your phone is just a remote control applies to Apple Airplay.
That’s what he said. He said “everything else”
AirPlay is still a bit of a dumb mechanism

As someone not tip top at all things app wise!, I have something I don’t know how to fix! How do you close the Wiim pro app and stop the music (I am using Qobuz accessed direct from Wiim App). It’s not as simple as swiping up from my iPhone and closing the app because believe me I have tried that dozens of times and the music keeps playing even if my phone looks like it’s closed it down, it hasn’t.. find myself forced to disconnect the power to the Wiim to resolve, this can’t be correct?! What am I not doing or understanding??
Using wiim app by its nature you click pause to stop it from playing, no amount of swiping to close the app will stop the music. Is clicking pause big deal?

I just think they, like so many people, weren’t really aware of how the different services and airplay differ. Let’s face it - the marketing of Airplay, Chromecast, MQA, and all the rest just tell you how awesome their stuff is, but somehow leave out the how it works and the limitations. Most people think a HiFi is an iPhone and a pair of Airpods.

I just think they, like so many people, weren’t really aware of how the different services and airplay differ. Let’s face it - the marketing of Airplay, Chromecast, MQA, and all the rest just tell you how awesome their stuff is, but somehow leave out the how it works and the limitations. Most people think a HiFi is an iPhone and a pair of Airpods.
Don’t start me off with MQA! It will get messy

Don’t start me off with MQA! It will get messy
Haha, I like that. With internet speed are so fast now a days even on developing country. They put flac on mqa container to be compressed so it consume less bandwidth and required proprietary hardware to unfold it. I don’t see mqa is relevant today given the internet speed. The dac that has mqa is more expensive than without. Do you get better sound on mqa? It depends on someone’s ear but in my ear quboz has better sounding even compare to their master.

Pause is the new Stop.
That’s actually a truism when you think about streaming internet radio as opposed to a streaming service eg Spotify.
In the case of internet radio pause doesn’t usually work as you can’t pause a live stream. I say usually as there are now some exceptions but generally if you press pause when listening to internet radio it is a stop - the player needs to disconnect from the stream.

Back