How to stop the music!

Don’t start me off with MQA! It will get messy
I’ve gritted my teeth and decided to test-drive Amazon Unlimited - an excellent sound - an interface that rivals the worse I’ve seen. (And I started at IBM in ‘74!)

Haha, I like that. With internet speed are so fast now a days even on developing country. They put flac on mqa container to be compressed so it consume less bandwidth and required proprietary hardware to unfold it. I don’t see mqa is relevant today given the internet speed. The dac that has mqa is more expensive than without. Do you get better sound on mqa? It depends on someone’s ear but in my ear quboz has better sounding even compare to their master.
Don’t go there

Haha, I like that. With internet speed are so fast now a days even on developing country. They put flac on mqa container to be compressed so it consume less bandwidth and required proprietary hardware to unfold it. I don’t see mqa is relevant today given the internet speed. The dac that has mqa is more expensive than without. Do you get better sound on mqa? It depends on someone’s ear but in my ear quboz has better sounding even compare to their master.
Wish it would officially come to Canada. No joy find a way to pay for it from here. (It rejects my Canadian CC)

I’ve gritted my teeth and decided to test-drive Amazon Unlimited - an excellent sound - an interface that rivals the worse I’ve seen. (And I started at IBM in ‘74!)
It sounds to me like it goes through some server side DSP and sounds markedly different to the same album same release on say Qobuz

I’m connected via Ethernet and what does preferred dns 8888 mean?
8.8.8.8 is one of Google’s public dns servers. It means use that instead of whatever your ISP tries to dictate.
I’d say it’s an OK thing to do but it does have some implications geo blocking wise

It sounds to me like it goes through some server side DSP and sounds markedly different to the same album same release on say Qobuz
Wait a minute! Qobuz isn’t in Canada? But they’re French. Don’t you have laws about that?😁
They proposed a weak tea collab called QUB Musique back in 2020 - it seems to be kicking around but … its not Qubuz quality

Wish it would officially come to Canada. No joy find a way to pay for it from here. (It rejects my Canadian CC)
Surely you can sign up to a VPN and use another means of payment? I’m sure I pay for Qobuz with PayPal although thinking about that’s got my address too. Perhaps not. You’ll have to take it from me that Qobuz is good.

8.8.8.8 is one of Google’s public dns servers. It means use that instead of whatever your ISP tries to dictate.
I’d say it’s an OK thing to do but it does have some implications geo blocking wise
I did play on it by turning it on and off. It cut the sound briefly but what I discover when it’s on the sound was dynamic and off sound was soft. I’m not sure why there such differences but I tried many times so I leave it on.

Did you figure out the distortion issue?
Not fully, I think it’s fidelity distortion rather than electrical distortion (if that makes sense). I think my system was a little overloaded at the bottom end and was a bit tacky. Most of my set up is new and whilst I’m not overly bought into the breaking in concept I might need to give it time before declaring a problem.

I did play on it by turning it on and off. It cut the sound briefly but what I discover when it’s on the sound was dynamic and off sound was soft. I’m not sure why there such differences but I tried many times so I leave it on.
Sorry but it really has has no bearing on SQ whatsoever. You have imagined a difference.

Maybe it just in my head as it has no related to music.
DNS is like a phone book of internet addresses of servers.
It is saying use this book instead of that book but whichever you use the Internet address it finds is the same.
(Except when geo blocking comes into play but that’s a whole different kettle of fish as we say.)

Surely you can sign up to a VPN and use another means of payment? I’m sure I pay for Qobuz with PayPal although thinking about that’s got my address too. Perhaps not. You’ll have to take it from me that Qobuz is good.
I tried paypal and a CC all via VPN - no joy.

Back