Issues!!!

Gscott

Major Contributor
Love the WiiM but there have been a few issues since first install on Jan. 12th

Woke up to no WiiM this morning
1. On at least 3 occasions the app stopped communicating with the WiiM.
Only recourse is to press arrow to start setup process or factory reset or pull the power.
2. Pressing the white stop button in the app while listening to music disconnects the coax from DAC.
The DAC input indicator starts flashing. Pressing play restores the connection. Does not work that way on my friends WiiM Pro.
3..Neither the app on the phone or Ipad can communicate with the WiiM when this occurs.

I reset the router before starting the reset process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Linksys router Ethernet>WiiM>Coax>Topping E50.

Love the WiiM but there have been a few issues since first install on Jan. 12th

Woke up to no WiiM this morning
1. On at least 3 occasions the app stopped communicating with the WiiM.
Only recourse is to press arrow to start setup process or factory reset or pull the power.
2. Pressing the white stop button in the app while listening to music disconnects the coax from DAC.
The DAC input indicator starts flashing. Pressing play restores the connection. Does not work that way on my friends WiiM Pro.
3..Neither the app on the phone or Ipad can communicate with the WiiM when this occurs.

I reset the router before starting the reset process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Linksys router Ethernet>WiiM>Coax>Topping E50.
Update: After talking to my friend who's WiiM Pro seems to be working correctly, we figured out this seems to be occurring after or during an update. There have been two updates. I've received both updates, one app and the other firmware, with no notification once I get the WiiM backup and running. Checking info show the new updated version numbers.

Update: After talking to my friend who's WiiM Pro seems to be working correctly, we figured out this seems to be occurring after or during an update. There have been two updates. I've received both updates, one app and the other firmware, with no notification once I get the WiiM backup and running. Checking info show the new updated version numbers.
As of new fw and app again today, there will be a notification showing it updates FW. Another user suggested they implement flashing front led while updating to let us know it's unavailable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119-211001.png
    Screenshot_20230119-211001.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 11
As of new fw and app again today, there will be a notification showing it updates FW. Another user suggested they implement flashing front led while updating to let us know it's unavailable
Thank! That's the notification my friend saw we he opened the WiiM app. That's why we think it may be updated related.

When the phone or tablet updates that can also cause issues until a reboot happens. Android anyways. When I reboot the tablet I get the gears and updating apps wording. After that the Wiim works again.

Back