Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Can you elaborate on dac design , implementation and materials ? As well as the digital section ? Clocks , power supply etc? What about cpu and ram?

It's great to see everyone's interest and questions about the WiiM Ultra.

We'd love to answer everyone's questions, but currently, it is hard to answer and reply to each post, so could you help us by posting your questions on this spreadsheet (link below)? And we'll work on answering them there. We'll also use this to assemble a FAQ that will be helpful to others who may have the same questions. Feel free to keep the conversation going, but want for questions directed to WiiM please post it on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

WiiM Ultra Questions

Last edited:
First of all, I congratulate the developers on the release of another great streamer, and in the same breath, I have an additional question about the support of formats played via USB storage. I have already commented on this topic here on the forum, but apart from the great support for PCM up to 192/24, support for the DSD format including ISO image is crucial for me. As I already mentioned, I have at least half of my Hi-Res music in this format. From the fact that it's not discussed much here, I guess most members are only satisfied with the quality of music on streaming services...? So back to my question, does the WiiM Ultra support DSD including ISO, or is it possible to expand this capability with a firmware update at some point in the future? Thank you for answer.

Looks promising, I would be interested in output power of headphone out for higher Ohm headphones. Could perhaps eliminate my headphone amp...

Wow. I am not interested in a screen but Ultra does look good. If it can show some info of vynil on the screen, I am sure people love it.

I'm really looking forward to this! 🥳 (I assume it plays Amazon Music like other WIIMs)
Given that WiiM’s firmware has been entirely evolutionary, it would be extremely strange if it didn’t. They don’t mention Qobuz, Deezer, Pandora, Tunein, vTuner, SoundCloud etc etc but I’d eat more than just my hat if it didn’t.

any news what the room EQ is?

How about having ability to plugin UMIK1 to the USB port, and for WIIM app to self calibrate/measure and apply corrections? For left, right and combined signal for subwoofer.

Would be useful if source can apply room EQ so I wouldn't need it elseware

any news what the room EQ is?

Check out the Room Correction beta thread(s) - it’ll be the same.
How about having ability to plugin UMIK1 to the USB port, and for WIIM app to self calibrate/measure and apply corrections? For left, right and combined signal for subwoofer.

That would a possible route for them to take, but no indication as yet.

Will the display mirror what is shown in WiiM Home App or is it independent?

It’s already been said that it’ll follow in Q3 after the USA, probably at least a month or so later as has happened with previous models.
Find it funny that Wiim announces the Ultra, etc. at the very people at the end of the queue (EU) for being able to get one.
Of course I would not know for sure, but I suspect it will take a long time for it to be truly available in Europe.
No idea why they announce it in Munich when it's real release is actually in the US.

Since I for one will probably need to wait months, might as well wait a couple of more months, to see how long term tests go and see if anyone else is releasing anything new that rivals the ultra.

I find it a real pitty but still,.. congrats to them for creating what rumors suggest is an exceptionally amazing product.

Since I for one will probably need to wait months, might as well wait a couple of more months, to see how long term tests go and see if anyone else is releasing anything new that rivals the ultra.

I find it a real pitty but still,.. congrats to them for creating what rumors suggest is an exceptionally amazing product.
Some of us had been waiting since 2006 for a (worthy) vendor to final emerge after the dumpster fire of Logitech acquiring Slim Devices... if we could hold on for nearly two decades, I'm sure you can wait out another quarter :cool:

(and if not, there are indeed other vendors out there to choose from)

Last edited:
Back