My WiiM Pro Plus (+) tests

Nice! Puts it right up there in the "excellent" category for SINAD, about the same level as the Schiit Modi 3+. If the Pro+ sells for < $200, it's a no-brainer.

index.php
Price is estimated at $220 including remote I believe

EDIT: if the Modi+ sells around $129, then roughly half of that added to the price of a Pro for the Pro Plus plus remote

Last edited:
So it could be used as part of my heating system. Beside my Mozzafiato 😉.
Back to serious, the first figures may show, that the target from WiiM with updating the internal DAC will be met. Could be a great deal for the One-Boxers.

Good, that's different from my pre production one which is identical to my Pro, although I've put little black feet on it while the Pro has silver ;)
Hi @Brantome
I've lost in the big sea the link to your small feets. Could you link it again? Black and Silver please 😊

is very significantly better ..
for an all in one affordable, it is now consistent with what we can hope for a minimum of current engineering ...
but .. subjectively .. what does it give? for you?
;-)

(a measurement ap32 and imd? in analog)... and
important.. a comparison in toslink spdif in comparison with the pro? under relevant conditions?

but I have no doubt that you will bring us more measures
;-)))
)

Last edited:
I wonder how these measurements translate on listening sessions. Akm known to have solid bass and mid and roll off high.

Coming soon. At a moment I can tell that my sample unit has an increased space around the coax socket. And a glossy finish of the chassis.

Stay tuned :)
Is this a commercially available sample? Is it for sale?

It's about 14.2oz (400g), 25% heavier than the WiiM Pro.
could be useful to see which filter has been adopted on the side of the dac akm, see think about proposing in wiim home the choice between the different filters offered by the akm if it is possible

;-)
but onlyoneme has the resource and the rigor etc. to quickly give us the essentials of the classic analog measurements.. but also not always the case, interesting digital measurements.. thank you in advance to him.. ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks @Brantome 😊
I think that these small feets could be useful for the next Pro++(with USB and so on). If, it's presumable, i buy that device when it will be on the market my only option to place it is on top of my actual Pro. That bit of air created by the little feets amidst the two i think can help to dissipate some heat. ;) Furthermore all my devices have their feet from the factory. I should say big feet. The pro++ would be so also in pendant. 😊
A note. I hope that they will maintain AKM chip in the Pro next to come.

@onlyoneme
Great stuff, thank you. As one of my DACs at hand offers such filters I will surely read the whole article, which I didn't yet. It is written in a way that even me as confessing underestimater from graphs 😁 can follow. One line already arrived in my head.
"Summary: DACs produce spurious ultrasonic images. Those need to be taken care of to prevent damage to drivers, and audible sound alterations."
👍

BTW it would be nice if someone provides links to some well produced public domain tracks, lossless CD quality preferably. I would use it to prepare some comparison samples for everyone, when listening impressions part begins ;)

Back