My WiiM Pro Plus (+) tests

There is a nice explanation of reconstruction filters here:
I knew the article cited inside the link you posted. If I'm non wrong, is interesting to note that the latter goes to different conclusions about what kind of filter to prefere, considering also that the frequency response is different from a filter to another.
I tried to choice what kind of filter is more compliant to my preferences but, aside to the little sensation that there was something different, I didn't able to say that one was better...

I knew the article cited inside the link you posted. If I'm non wrong, is interesting to note that the latter goes to different conclusions about what kind of filter to prefere, considering also that the frequency response is different from a filter to another.
I tried to choice what kind of filter is more compliant to my preferences but, aside to the little sensation that there was something different, I didn't able to say that one was better...
I'm on the very comfortable position here as I do not hear differences between filters :)

I hear differences between minimum phase and linear phase . The first one is much preferable to me . So minimum phase for me . I am not sure about the roll off .

I'm on the very comfortable position here as I do not hear differences between filters :)
Me too I'm thinking is conseguence of some sort of bias but in fast change from one to another filter, relatively to 44.1, the sensation of something different, in snare shot tails or acoustic guitar strumming and even female voices, is present, subtle and quite impossible to choice a winner... 😎

Three! Checked all my available filters during the afternoon. Not even a feeling although I tried quite hard to find one 😉

If find the coffee filter is the most beneficial 🤣 🤣🤣
You should admit that the "awareness" of one solution that is formally better than another, recognizable or not at a glance, takes to more peaceful mood, better if with a good coffee taste in mouth...

Last edited:
There is a limit of 10 attachments included... How can I write my review without graphs? :(

That is why, in the absence of a clear sign, I defaulted to the most mathematically correct solution - "Linear fast rolloff". See http://archimago.blogspot.com/2022/06/review-smsl-do100-dac-dual-ess.html and the aforementioned https://www.audioreviews.org/reconstruction_filters_dummies/
I did just like you did choosing “Fast Linear”. By the way it’s the default filter of my SMSL 500 MKIII.
However i would add that if someone changed my filter without my knowledge i would never realize it ;)

Sorry all, I tried with the two DACs I have already here at hand.
The little SMSL has:
FL1 (Sharp Roll-off filter) FL2 (Slow Roll-off filter) FL3 (Short Delay Sharp Roll-off filter) FL4(Short Delay Slow Roll-off filter) FL5(Super Slow Roll-off filter) FL6(Low Dispersion Short Delay filter)
The Cambridge DacMagic M200 only three: Fast - Slow - Short Delay.
Default settings are always the first named options.
Listened to ripped FLACs from a Western Digital NAS with a Sennheiser HD820.
I wanted and tried strongly and honestly to hear at least a tiny difference. I failed. So I fear I have to concede: My ears are only silver 😉

Back