Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Compared to the first version, the equalization appears to be averaged.

In the @cc_rider graph, gray and pink were almost inversely correlated.
View attachment 6895

The pink line of @Trailer is smooth.
View attachment 6896

Maybe this averaging isn't working well, but I'm also concerned about the large range of measurements.

I'm curious to see what happens if put the microphone in close proximity to the speaker and measure it.
The inversely which sound right the new one ruin sound quality.

Does it seem odd only to me that the engineers at Wiim did not notice that behaviour after all this time ?
The problem is not with the EQ. The problem is with the measurements (at least on this case).

WiiM cannot test all devices continuously. That's what beta tests are for.

Last edited:
The problem is not with toom EQ. The problem is with the measurements (at least on this case).

WiiM cannot test all devices continuously. That's what beta tests are for.

So you don’t have this issue or others don’t have it ?

So am I correct that Android users are waiting on an app update before we can use 10-band PEQ?

Like others, my Amp updated and the notes mention the 10-band PEQ, but of course w/ the disclaimer that it only works w/ 2.9.6 app version. I signed up for the beta, but haven't received any links or communication from Wiim about a download.

So am I correct that Android users are waiting on an app update before we can use 10-band PEQ?

Like others, my Amp updated and the notes mention the 10-band PEQ, but of course w/ the disclaimer that it only works w/ 2.9.6 app version. I signed up for the beta, but haven't received any links or communication from Wiim about a download.
As long as I know, 2.9.6 is for ios. Android one is just updated to 2.9.4 (this is not a beta app) and beta firmware (10 bands peq) seems to be compatiable (just got the app and haven't tested much yet).

It may be worth trying rebooting WiiM device and reinstalling the app before testing.

Given you can get REW or HouseCurve for free, and you’ve got (or will have) 10-band PEQ in the WiiM, this is still pretty good.

There are plenty of places in t’internet you can post your results and get advice.

But yes, I hope it’s sorted out.

Just received this message from Wiim, in response to my reporting the "tinny" room correction:

"The algorithm has been rolled back; please attempt to create the room again."

Looking forward to trying anew later today. 🤠

Just received this message from Wiim, in response to my reporting the "tinny" room correction:

Rolled back how - new firmware/app version or is there an implication the “algorithm” is in the cloud? Interesting terminology…

While you can use the free version of HouseCurve to do measurements and display a frequency response graph, you need the paid version to do anything else, including the generation of room correction filters.

Absolutely. But as I say, if you can get reliable measurements, and you have the tools to correct, there are places you can go online where people will happily give advice as to how to use the latter to correct the former.

As long as I know, 2.9.6 is for ios. Android one is just updated to 2.9.4 (this is not a beta app) and beta firmware (10 bands peq) seems to be compatiable (just got the app and haven't tested much yet).
My app updated to 2.9.4 in the 10 hours since I posted. The PEQ is now 10 band. FWIW, the release note on the firmware said the update "only works with the beta iOS and Android app, version 2.9.6". (bolding mine) But clearly its working w/ Android 2.9.4

My Pro+ also now shows 10 band PEQ.

Time to get an UMIK-1 and learn REW. :)

Last edited:
Given you can get REW or HouseCurve for free, and you’ve got (or will have) 10-band PEQ in the WiiM, this is still pretty good.

There are plenty of places in t’internet you can post your results and get advice.

But yes, I hope it’s sorted out.
I agree, I already have Housecurve which is really great, so I’d be happy just to get the 10 Band PEQ, maybe WiiM can release that first and get it solid while figuring out RC algo’s. I’d want to first measure No EQ, then Flat 10 Band PEQ to get a good baseline compare then work way up from 50-500 and so on..

Just got the beta and updated android app, but it has removed my previous EQ presets. Not a big deal, but has this happened to everyone?

Definitely sounds better now than it did. I'll need to do a comparison between that and the results from HouseCurve and the Dayton IMM-6 mic I have for my old Ipad Pro

Back