Spotify hires

Myhifi

Hello, I am listening to spotify over air play2 with wiim pro. On the Wiim browse screen, the resolution shows 900 kbps 16bit, 44.1 khz.There is an audible difference in the sound.Like the difference I heard in Tidal before.Although Spotify does not seem to support high resolution yet, this difference appears over air play 2.Has anyone experienced it?

Attachments

• IMG_0985.png
    IMG_0985.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
What were you playing before this? From an earlier post today, I suspect there’s a display bug when using Spotify - for example, I played a hi res 24/192 track from Amazon and then cast that same track from Spotify to my Wiim, it still showed 24/192 and high bitrate which I know the Spotify track didn’t have. I’ve raised a ticket for that.

What were you playing before this? From an earlier post today, I suspect there’s a display bug when using Spotify - for example, I played a hi res 24/192 track from Amazon and then cast that same track from Spotify to my Wiim, it still showed 24/192 and high bitrate which I know the Spotify track didn’t have. I’ve raised a ticket for that.
I tested this. For example, when I did spotify connect, it went back to 320 kbps 16 bit, 24 khz. When I changed it to Airplay, it was 900 kbps 16 bit, 24 khz again.

The stream was probably sent to the WiiM over Aiplay as an ALAC content, so higher bitrate is obvious.

I tested this. For example, when I did spotify connect, it went back to 320 kbps 16 bit, 24 khz. When I changed it to Airplay, it was 900 kbps 16 bit, 24 khz again.
it happened to me too. When I do spotify connect it shows 320 kbps but when I do Airplay it shows 900 kbps. For the record, I only use Spotify.

it happened to me too. When I do spotify connect it shows 320 kbps but when I do Airplay it shows 900 kbps. For the record, I only use Spotify.
See comment #5 - Airplay is probably converting the lossy Spotify track and sending that as a 16/24 stream, a bit like decoding mp3 to wav. Doesn’t mean the output is any higher quality than the source lossy file.

Back