Subwoofer out

NewWiimer2

Just got a ProPlus that is working fine. Would like to have better interface to powered subwoofer. Am currently feeding the sub with rca direct from the ProPlus and passing through via rca out to active speakers.

Found this thread from Feb/23 in the FAQ--
No, the WiiM Pro doesn't have the dedicated LFE for the subwoofer output. We'll add the option that outputs the LFE via the existing ports via the software update. Please stay tuned!
Is this available now? When expected...? Thanks.

It wouldn't work for me either. Volume would be a problem as well. I have my speakers hooked to high pass on the subs. One on each side. It sounds good to me.

It wouldn't work for me either. Volume would be a problem as well. I have my speakers hooked to high pass on the subs. One on each side. It sounds good to me.

Yes, it would be an issue for me too.

The annoying thing is, a dedicated sub out on the Pro Plus would have solved a whole load of issues, and I suspect wouldn’t have added much to the price.

One option would be adjust the pre amp level to your typical volume you listen at say 88db, then adjust the subwoofer volume to match.

If you change master volume sub won't match but at least have benefit of high pass/subwoofer.

Just got a ProPlus that is working fine. Would like to have better interface to powered subwoofer. Am currently feeding the sub with rca direct from the ProPlus and passing through via rca out to active speakers.

Found this thread from Feb/23 in the FAQ--

Is this available now? When expected...? Thanks
I'd like to see this as well rather than come up with some other convoluted solution

@WiiM Team
Do you have any new information regarding this?
I have a Pro Plus on hand, but if it doesn't come with a Sub-Out in the near future, I might end up returning it.

I think wiim made an error on the comment that they can use rca as sub out otherwise they would have comment already.

I think wiim made an error on the comment that they can use rca as sub out otherwise they would have comment already.
That would be rather unfortunate. I had hoped to fully transition to Wiim products. However, without 2.1 capabilities, I might have to reconsider. While my current Wiim AMP works wonderfully in the living room, I specifically require 2.1 for my NAD amplifier and SUB in the music room.

That would be rather unfortunate. I had hoped to fully transition to Wiim products. However, without 2.1 capabilities, I might have to reconsider. While my current Wiim AMP works wonderfully in the living room, I specifically require 2.1 for my NAD amplifier and SUB in the music room.
Hi ZeN, Team

There are two approaches you can consider for a sub-out.

Option 1:
You can transform your subwoofer into a wireless audio powerhouse with the WiiM Mini. By connecting it to your SUB, the WiiM Mini allows for seamless integration into your existing audio setup. This flexibility lets you effortlessly group it with any WiiM streamer or amplifier, enriching your sound system with deep, resonant bass.

Option 2:
If you are using the Line-Out with WiiM streamers, you can get an RCA Y-splitter to connect to both your powered speaker and subwoofer simultaneously.

Please let us know if the above options work for you.

Hi ZeN, Team

There are two approaches you can consider for a sub-out.

Option 1:
You can transform your subwoofer into a wireless audio powerhouse with the WiiM Mini. By connecting it to your SUB, the WiiM Mini allows for seamless integration into your existing audio setup. This flexibility lets you effortlessly group it with any WiiM streamer or amplifier, enriching your sound system with deep, resonant bass.

Option 2:
If you are using the Line-Out with WiiM streamers, you can get an RCA Y-splitter to connect to both your powered speaker and subwoofer simultaneously.

Please let us know if the above options work for you.

With this answer, I understand that the plan to use the RCA output of the Pro and Pro Plus as a sub-out has disappeared.

So, in order to get the sub-out and high-pass, you need to buy a WiiM amp or wait for the Ultra. 🙂

@WiiM Support,

I appreciate your response, thank you!

Regarding Option 1: While this solution could potentially suffice, I'm unsure if the crossover can be adequately adjusted with the parametric EQ. Nonetheless, I would prefer utilizing a cable to connect to the SW.

As for Option 2: Unfortunately, this isn't viable as there's no possibility of adjusting the crossover frequency.

For the time being, I'll stick with the AMP and hope that you consider including a sub out in your next product, in contrary of your competitors (e.g. eversolo)

I tried option 1 with a Wiim mini.
Sound arrives, but the delay/latency of the audio signal of the system is suddenly very long - unusable for video or realtime applications. The (current) PEQs do not provide cut off types.

Dear Wiim support, this option is for time independent presentation only - or future firmware programming reduces the time delay to some milliseconds. Please keep us informed for such improvement.

Regarding option 2:
Wouldn't it be more convenient to drive the outputs (e.g. at least two of rca, toslink, coax spdif) in parallel by firmware update?

Last edited:
I'm going to return the Pro + for now and keep using the Wiim Amp. Hopefully, the Ultra will be what the pro+ should have been! :) (for my usecase)

If the Pro Plus had a subwoofer out, presuming the upcoming room correction is all good and kosher, that’d be it for me.

As it is, I’m hoping the Amp passes muster. But I won’t know until I get (a) the Amp, and (b) my new speakers.

Back