Subwoofer out

NewWiimer2

Just got a ProPlus that is working fine. Would like to have better interface to powered subwoofer. Am currently feeding the sub with rca direct from the ProPlus and passing through via rca out to active speakers.

Found this thread from Feb/23 in the FAQ--
No, the WiiM Pro doesn't have the dedicated LFE for the subwoofer output. We'll add the option that outputs the LFE via the existing ports via the software update. Please stay tuned!
Is this available now? When expected...? Thanks.

Wiim support used to answer many of the users questions on this forum, now they hardly acknowledge any of them.

Hardly surprising tbh. Recently I've been reading some really pie-in-the-sky suggestions and requests here.

I think that WiiM support have done an excellent job so far, but if I was in their shoes I'd only acknowledge the sensible posts from now on.

I’d definitely be up for this.

If the WiiM Pro could have bass management, where you set a crossover, then everything above that goes out of the digital outs to a DAC, whilst everything below goes out of one of the analogue outs to a sub, that’d be a game changer.

WiiM, if you’re listening. I’ve been reading the reviews on the amp, and the fact that it has bass management and a subwoofer out is getting a lot of attention and a lot of praise.

Including these on the Pro and Pro Plus would get a lot of attention, and generate a whole load of interest (that’s code for sales 😉 ).

I’d definitely be up for this.

If the WiiM Pro could have bass management, where you set a crossover, then everything above that goes out of the digital outs to a DAC, whilst everything below goes out of one of the analogue outs to a sub, that’d be a game changer.

WiiM, if you’re listening. I’ve been reading the reviews on the amp, and the fact that it has bass management and a subwoofer out is getting a lot of attention and a lot of praise.

Including these on the Pro and Pro Plus would get a lot of attention, and generate a whole load of interest (that’s code for sales 😉 ).
This was mentioned by wiim support but since then it was silent on what’s the progress on this feature. If they can make pro with firmware update that can do room correction and sub out plus additional band on peq it will leave us breathless.

This was mentioned by wiim support but since then it was silent on what’s the progress on this feature. If they can make pro with firmware update that can do room correction and sub out plus additional band on peq it will leave us breathless.

I’m only guessing here. But looking at the price and specs of the amp, and comparing them to the pro, I suspect that if there’s enough ‘grunt’ in the amp to do bass management, then there should be more than enough to do it on the Pro.

And having already written the software for the amp, whilst I’m not suggesting it’d be a cut & paste job, I suspect a lot of the work they did for the amp would be transferable.

Last edited:
It's not about fortune, it is about reality. Time will tell, no other brand forum is full of such imaginations. May be they will, may be soon, may be late, may be never. Hopefully all Wiimers will be happy one day, but for sure the next ideas will arrive quite soon.

It's not about fortune, it is about reality. Time will tell, no other brand forum is full of such imaginations. May be they will, may be soon, may be late, may be never. Hopefully all Wiimers will be happy one day, but for sure the next ideas will arrive quite soon.

Achim, best wishes to you, and no offence intended.

But you probably shouldn’t post a picture of a FORTUNE teller, then say “It’s not about FORTUNE.”

@Steve Woodhouse
Good point! But I think you know what was meant..
Edit for a short try to escape..
In Germany these ladies are called "Wahrsager", teller of truth (hard to translate) and it is really not always about fortune, but future in general. Puh...

Last edited:
Can't see how a Wiim Pro Plus can have high pass and sub out. Probably need to wait for next version of it.

I'm using a Outlaw ICBM-1 to high pass my speakers in a Hifi 2.1 system. So it's possible if done right a Wiim Pro Plus V2 could replace it? I wouldn't change my Audiolab 8000Q pre to the Wiim though.

Also with PEQ sort out of couple of big peaks in my speakers. I'm using a antimode so that will do better job than the Wiim.

Attachments

• outlaw.jpg
    outlaw.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 5
Can't see how a Wiim Pro Plus can have high pass and sub out. Probably need to wait for next version of it.

I'm using a Outlaw ICBM-1 to high pass my speakers in a Hifi 2.1 system. So it's possible if done right a Wiim Pro Plus V2 could replace it? I wouldn't change my Audiolab 8000Q pre to the Wiim though.

Also with PEQ sort out of couple of big peaks in my speakers. I'm using a antimode so that will do better job than the Wiim.

I’m the opposite - I’m pretty sure it can be done.

To me, it would appear that the specs of the amp suggest it’ll have less processing power than the Pro.

So if the amp can do it, the Pro can; at least that’d be my guess.

To me, it would appear that the specs of the amp suggest it’ll have less processing power than the Pro.
Which specs suggest that? I understood that it was basically a Pro Plus plus an amp section, although they did swap the DAC. Haven't seen anything to suggest it's got a different CPU or less RAM.

Which specs suggest that? I understood that it was basically a Pro Plus plus an amp section, although they did swap the DAC. Haven't seen anything to suggest it's got a different CPU or less RAM.

This is obviously a bit of guesswork, but firstly, as you say, it’s a cheaper DAC. Then secondly, you have to look at the price and remember that has to include an amp section.

If the Wiim Amp was a WiiM Pro with an amp stuck on, I don’t think they’d have changed the DAC chip. The fact that they have suggests they were wanting to keep expenses down - that’s not a criticism of WiiM understandably so.

But I could be wrong.

I’m the opposite - I’m pretty sure it can be done.

So if the amp can do it, the Pro can; at least that’d be my guess.
How? What output connectors?

For myself left and right would go into my pre amp. That can be high passed. Pro plus would need subwoofer out that will go into the sub.

Problem is changing volume on the pre amp won't effect subwoofer volume.

Unless I ditch the pre amp but that means relying on digital pre amp in the pro plus.

Sure wiim amp single box solution would work not with multiple boxes.

How? What output connectors?

For myself left and right would go into my pre amp. That can be high passed. Pro plus would need subwoofer out that will go into the sub.

Problem is changing volume on the pre amp won't effect subwoofer volume.

Unless I ditch the pre amp but that means relying on digital pre amp in the pro plus.

Sure wiim amp single box solution would work not with multiple boxes.

I believe the suggestion is to turn the analogue outs into subwoofer outs. So you’d get a bass management crossover (like in the WiiM Amp), and the bass end of things would go to the existing line outs. Then everything above that would be kept in the digital domain and sent to the digital outs for use with an external DAC.

That shouldn’t be too difficult.

I believe the suggestion is to turn the analogue outs into subwoofer outs. So you’d get a bass management crossover (like in the WiiM Amp), and the bass end of things would go to the existing line outs. Then everything above that would be kept in the digital domain and sent to the digital outs for use with an external DAC.

That shouldn’t be too difficult.
Ok but sub and speakers won't scale in volume at least in my layout.

Back