When is PEQ being added to the Wii Mini?

WiiMania

Right now we have a GEQ that inbuilt into the streamer, which I think works fine along side the optical out.

Now to really make the product shine and stand out, we just need a PEQ with the function to allow to Room EQ Wizard adjustments to be added in.

This is going to take the Wiim streamers to another level in terms of popularity amongst the audiophile community.

At this point in time, it's pretty much the 'go to' if you're planning to just use an external DAC via the TOSLINK.

I personally just plug it into the optical of my A-S701 an let the yammy do it's magic with the SPDIF signal, etc.

Let me know what the plans are like regarding the PEQ. :)

unfortunately the eq mode, being poorly designed, never been completed since its arrival ......
can be if a real effort made with a powerful peq the opportunity to finish with this eq and its worries
(
it was misunderstood...
but now that the "camouflage" drc has been removed...
it can be encountered possibly strong distortions .. much more annoying ... (saturations in the digital domain)
)
ps
I'm not sure flattery is that useful
;-)

Last edited:
I had a digital eq lying around I have hooked that up for eq duties

TC Finaliser96+

I added a Schiit Mini Loki GEQ to get a little more Mids out of my bookshelf speakers. It is simple to adjust and offers just enough to satisfy my ears. I'm not sure I would use a PEQ. It would have to retain the bit perfect performance of the WiiM. The reason I went to the Loki in the first place.

Now to really make the product shine and stand out, we just need a PEQ with the function to allow to Room EQ Wizard adjustments to be added in.
EQ fundamentally is incapable of fixing most room issues. If you have a cancellation from room modes boosting to that freq. Will just make it cancel more. It does nothing to address decay times. You need an active correction system that's adding signal in the time domain to do that.

EQ should just be thought of as a way to tweak the tonality to your preference, not fix acoustic problems with the room.

Room correction via (P)EQ is a common kind of a fairytale. The frugal-man's miniDSP or a substitute for the brilliant assistance one can have for example with Roon and its many possibilities.

if qualitative (?) and more generous in bands, can be very expected in the world of HQ headphones etc where in recent years the geq has become very present thanks to a certain democratization of "measurement heads"...
but 4 bandes is not enough... :confused:

Contrary to the opinion of some previous comments, with PEQs - correctly implemented - you can obtain a lot in view of the room modes (paticularly when you do not have the possibility of room treatment). Of course, the basics of lowering the peaks and not lifting the dips have to be applied.

Back