WiiM Pro Amazon Listings

Can't believe I didn't get a bite ;)
tbh, I really didn't expect Oz to get pros before uk, and I certainly didn't expect to get one within 2 days of ordering.
Hope you don't have to wait too long.

@WiiM Support one slightly strange issue during setup:
I chose coax during the setup process and it asked me to choose/set the output resolution.
I got no sound from any of the options, but pressed Yes anyway.
When I went back into the menus at the end of setup I saw that Fixed Volume was off and the volume was at absolute minimum.
No wonder there was no sound...
Might confuse some users...

And just to annoy those in the UK even more, it was 122 quid, equivalent :)

How did you get to that, I looked the other night and have just done so again and it's £166 for delivery Mch 22 or £171.50 if you want delivery on the 16th .... attached a pic.

Attachments

• WiiM.png
    WiiM.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
How did you get to that, I looked the other night and have just done so again and it's £166 for delivery Mch 22 or £171.50 if you want delivery on the 16th .... attached a pic.
Currently on Amazon AU for 219 Aussie dollars = approx 122 of your Great British Pounds.
Maybe I should have bought two...

It’s a false equivalence done by simply converting the 219 Australian dollars into GBP. You can’t simply do that as factors other than the exchange rate are involved. In your example, there’s international shipping and VAT. Often in the Amazon world (although not in this case) you’ll see exactly the same figure in dollars in the USA as GBP in the U.K. (their music pricing and often their echo kit for example) which masks things like regional sales taxes, overall marketing strategy etc etc.

I think it was done tongue in cheek to wind up us whiny poms ;) :p

It’s a false equivalence done by simply converting the 219 Australian dollars into GBP. You can’t simply do that as factors other than the exchange rate are involved. In your example, there’s international shipping and VAT. Often in the Amazon world (although not in this case) you’ll see exactly the same figure in dollars in the USA as GBP in the U.K. (their music pricing and often their echo kit for example) which masks things like regional sales taxes, overall marketing strategy etc etc.

Indeed, a bit of a wind up. And I was (am) a whinging pom for many years before moving to oz.

Oz has 10% GST, Goods and Services Tax, but A$219 is what it cost me all up.
Funny, 'cos in general hifi in Aus is considered to be more expensive than a simple currency conversion from usa or uk.
At one time I thought about getting a CA cxn v2.
800 quid in uk, equivalent to approx 1450 aud straight ccy conversion.
You'd be lucky to get one for 2300 here, 2500 is rrp.
And yet bluesound node is 550 gbp = 1000 aud, which is what they cost here, so some things are on parity.

Edit - and I just did a quick search for cxn v2 in aus and they are showing as $1800.
2300 was the cheapest I could find anywhere 6 months ago! (Hence buying the wiim mini for a mere $125)

Last edited:

Ahhh ... OK ... hadn't realised @Mr Ee was Aus based ... for some reason thought was UK based.

My only reason for possibly buying one at the moment is my Mini keeps pausing playing so thought I'd try a Pro via ethernet and see if it was any better as it could either be the WiFi or lack of memory on the mini causing buffereing.
If it wasn't any better I'd just send it back which is easy to do if it's bought / delivered in the UK, I wasn't sure what the return policy and paying for shipping etc. was if I bought from the US.
If It's £122 it doesn't hurt so much if it doesn't work out, I don't know why but north of £150 you tend to hesitate.

That said there's a thread going on where a few people seem to be having connectivity issues via ethernet so not sure how much bettet it actually is.

We're definitely the forgotten country thoug, initially was due 9th / 10th Jan, believe the US had it pre Xmas and now seems most of the rest of the world has it ... just not us.

Amazon UK will deliver for Prime tomorrow and just took payment for the one I ordered weeks ago, so I can only imagine pre-ordered UK deliveries happening tomorrow/Tuesday.

Amazon UK will deliver for Prime tomorrow and just took payment for the one I ordered weeks ago, so I can only imagine pre-ordered UK deliveries happening tomorrow/Tuesday.
You must live very close to where they’re sending it from, I could only see Tue Prime delivery when I looked. Either way, it’s finally some good news

I had a PRO on pre-order, but because I didn't hear anything from Amazon (for all of 10 minutes) when they became available yesterday I cancelled the pre-order and placed a fresh one. At the time of order (14:32) the delivery was Wednesday, by 19:31 it was Tuesday only to be delivered today at 11:46!

Just plugged it in and I'm very happy to confirm that playing to a group (PRO and mini) over standard UPnP with a third party controller works fantastically well (for the one song I've played so far). Proxying the group with BubbleUPnP server also seems to work, so I'll set up a long playlist and report back if there's any problems.

EDIT: That album was just under 4 hours with no problem whatsoever. Very happy with these!

Last edited:
Back