WiiM Pro is now Roon Ready

Question for Wiim, if we requested for early access (for Roon support) , is that for general early access, or just one time?
I don't necessarily want to get beta releases moving forward.

thanks

Please note, I never received a notification, checked firmware and my WiiMs are ROON enabled and working well.

I did it weeks ago, but it does not hurt really. I am just curious how this little WiiM will perform. And Patience is my second forename 😉 so I will wait for the regular rollout.

Maybe the circle ROON logo will be a better option for the music services selection on Wiim App than the actual that only shows r
@WiiM Support

Attachments

• roon-labs-logo-7E291BC011-seeklogo.com.png
    roon-labs-logo-7E291BC011-seeklogo.com.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Updated here and it's working great.
Maybe it's all in my head but it sounds better than airplay (and groups nicely with my already roon ready B&W formation Flexes in the other room)

Updated here and it's working great.
Maybe it's all in my head but it sounds better than airplay (and groups nicely with my already roon ready B&W formation Flexes in the other room)
Maybe not just in your head, It should sound better than Airplay, airplay has limitations (16-bit/44.1kHz) vs RAAT https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-ready#Overview,,, up to 32-bit/768khz PCM playback if your devices support that (and your source files, streaming service).

Honestly, for me it's more the GUI, Roon is fun to browse and integrates streaming and home collections really well. I wish they update the version I have as part of my Elac discovery server, but oh well.

Maybe not just in your head, It should sound better than Airplay, airplay has limitations (16-bit/44.1kHz) vs RAAT https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-ready#Overview,,, up to 32-bit/768khz PCM playback if your devices support that (and your source files, streaming service).

Honestly, for me it's more the GUI, Roon is fun to browse and integrates streaming and home collections really well. I wish they update the version I have as part of my Elac discovery server, but oh well.
For me it's completely about the GUI - and that it lets me run multiple streams at the same time from a single Tidal account. I've got multiple streaming services, a local library etc but not having to worry about any of that / interrupting playback somewhere else in the house wins it for me.

I have Roon but it’s not working. What steps do I need to take to have it on WiiM!? I have the Roon ready app but it keeps trying search for the core. Isn‘t WiiM Pro the Core. I had it on my laptop.

I have Roon but it’s not working. What steps do I need to take to have it on WiiM!? I have the Roon ready app but it keeps trying search for the core. Isn‘t WiiM Pro the Core. I had it on my laptop.
You either had to sign up for the beta a few days back or wait for a week or so till its released to everyone‘s Pro.

Also, from my understanding of Roon, the Core is the server where the main Roon database resides, not the device music is played on.

You either had to sign up for the beta a few days back or wait for a week or so till its released to everyone‘s Pro.

Also, from my understanding of Roon, the Core is the server where the main Roon database resides, not the device music is played on.
So the core would not be WiiM pro? I did sign up for the beta version.

So the core would not be WiiM pro? I did sign up for the beta version.
No. From the Roon website: “The Roon Core is the brain of your system. It manages your music files, streaming services, and your audio devices. The simplest, most powerful Core is a Nucleus. You can also download and install the Roon Core for free on Mac, Windows, Linux, select QNAP and Synology NAS devices, and Intel NUC running ROCK.”

The WiiM Pro is, as I understand the terminology, a Roon endpoint I.e. the device that plays your music.

No. From the Roon website: “The Roon Core is the brain of your system. It manages your music files, streaming services, and your audio devices. The simplest, most powerful Core is a Nucleus. You can also download and install the Roon Core for free on Mac, Windows, Linux, select QNAP and Synology NAS devices, and Intel NUC running ROCK.”

The WiiM Pro is, as I understand the terminology, a Roon endpoint I.e. the device that plays your music.
So o have my laptop up and running with Roon. How do I connect the WiiM Pro to get it to play Roon from this point. I’m confused.

Correct, Roon has needs three things (well 4). A Core (that's the brain,), a controller, they call Roon Remote (iPhone, android mac ,PC, running roon client to browse and select what to play) and the endpoint (in this case a Wiim pro), (if your counting the 4th thing you need is a licenses).

What is confusing to some, is that the Roon app (on PC, MAC) can run as a core (ie server) and as a controller and connect to a standalone core.

The phone or tablet software are just to control a roon core.

Marcus

Last edited:
but you may have to first go into setting, audio, and enable the endpoint, then it will show up. If not enabled, I don't think it will show up
So, WiiM pro to my amp via output cables. Then WiiM Pro to DAC via SPDIF or just WiiM Pro output via cables to amp then DAC to laptop and enable the WiiM Pro on my Laptop?

So, WiiM pro to my amp via output cables. Then WiiM Pro to DAC via SPDIF or just WiiM Pro output via cables to amp then DAC to laptop and enable the WiiM Pro on my Laptop?
if you are using Roon on a laptop as core, and you want to play out to Wiim as an endpoint, then its Wiim>(via Spdif)DAC>amp. or WIIM>amp (via analog out

Back