WiiM Pro Plus - now ROON ready and certified

this is a pdf file normally provided with downloads of purchased files you can’t access it online as it’s not available via the API for 3rd parties to my knowledge.
Of course, you can access it for streaming: on the Qobuz application for mobile phone or tablet as well as on the one for computer. For classical music it is essential... to have access to the text of the cover and also to the summary of the tracks... And also with Audirvana and Roon applications for mobile phone, tablet and computer... But some streamer's applications can't...

I was just about to make a post on here asking why my WiiM Pro Plus doesn't show up as a Roon Ready device and why I can't do RAAT with it. Are we going to need to do a firmware update or update to our Roon Servers (or both) to get this functionality?

No but it would have worked via Chromecast or Airplay just the same, you would not get the nice artwork or the official stamp of approval.
No, not just the same, because you can only pair/link devices of the same transport type and the RAAT protocol does a MUCH better job of keeping things continuously in sync between multiple units (for multi-room audio setups).

When will this start working on our Roon Servers? Do we need to update the firmware on the Wiim Pro Plus devices, the Roon Server software, or both?

I was just about to make a post on here asking why my WiiM Pro Plus doesn't show up as a Roon Ready device and why I can't do RAAT with it. Are we going to need to do a firmware update or update to our Roon Servers (or both) to get this functionality?
Firmware not released by WiiM yet, stand by, suppose to be rolling out this weekend.

See comment #15 re the availability of new WiiM firmware.

No, not just the same, because you can only pair/link devices of the same transport type and the RAAT protocol does a MUCH better job of keeping things continuously in sync between multiple units (for multi-room audio setups).

When will this start working on our Roon Servers? Do we need to update the firmware on the Wiim Pro Plus devices, the Roon Server software, or both?

You misunderstand what I was saying completely which was about its Roon Tested status and nothing to do with Roon Ready.

Nothing yet in the US :-( There is no way to force the update by rebooting or so, right?

The silence of WiiM Pro Plus owners makes me believe that there was no rollout of the Roon Ready update yet, unfortunately.

The silence of WiiM Pro Plus owners makes me believe that there was no rollout of the Roon Ready update yet, unfortunately.
It’ll come soon, be patient. Even if it takes all week to rollout, it‘ll still be a nice pre-Xmas gift :)

Back