WiiM Pro Plus

Hook a PC/Laptop/Phone/Tablet etc directly for better sound quality and performance in general.
No. That would be USB in.
USB out would be connected to an external DAC - there are lots of USB only DACs. USB is capable of delivering 32bit / 768KHz so significantly higher definition than optical or coax.
However I am not aware of any commercially available audio that is encoded at that level.

I believe until Christmas I will buy the wiim pro plus . And if I don’t like the dac I will benefit from coaxial which is better for my internal dac and Ethernet connection

Ten pages into a lengthy, too often OT thread, I’m still unclear on what the Plus offers (or will potentially offer) beyond an improved DAC section? For those of us who don’t want to wade through ten unmoderated pages, is there anything more than a new improved DAC (which is not of use to many of us)? I use my Pro’s as digital preamp/streamers only but would like some additional features - most notably analog sub out.

Ten pages into a lengthy, too often OT thread, I’m still unclear on what the Plus offers (or will potentially offer) beyond an improved DAC section? For those of us who don’t want to wade through ten unmoderated pages, is there anything more than a new improved DAC (which is not of use to many of us)? I use my Pro’s as digital preamp/streamers only but would like some additional features - most notably analog sub out.
You really didn't need to read any further than comment #4:

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-pro.1217/post-15182

Please, be careful with words like "we" or "us"...

You really didn't need to read any further than comment #4:

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-pro.1217/post-1518

Thank you Brantome. I’d actually read that post and was returning based upon its estimated Aug 5 release date to see about any updates. Then got quickly lost in the OT weeds and became impatient. I’m certain that I’m not alone in my interest/question (as well as impatience). I’m also sensitive to the fact that moderation of a relatively active topic is like herding cats. Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Thank you Brantome. I’d actually read that and was returning based upon the estimated Aug 5 release date to see about any updates. Then got quickly lost in the OT weeds and impatient. I’m sure I’m not alone in my interest/question/impatience. I realize the inter web is herding cats.
No problem - others have taken that value proposition from WiiM just as a starting point for the Pro Plus when in fact that's the summary of what it will be. I'm sure WiiM recognise that existing owners may well be using their own external DACs and as a result they won't be purchasing the Pro Plus to replace their WiiM device. However, I believe they are working on one or two new devices this year with some of the additional features users have requested (such as USB connectivity) and those may well attract existing owners to upgrade.

No problem - others have taken that value proposition from WiiM just as a starting point for the Pro Plus when in fact that's the summary of what it will be. I'm sure WiiM recognise that existing owners may well be using their own external DACs and as a result they won't be purchasing the Pro Plus to replace their WiiM device. However, I believe they are working on one or two new devices this year with some of the additional features users have requested (such as USB connectivity) and those may well attract existing owners to upgrade.
Sort of what I expected, but given the responsive and progressive nature of WiiM to date, I thought (hoped?) they might sneak in some firmware feature changes as well - or perhaps even the hardware to do so down the line as such firmware is developed.

Last edited:
I'm going to purchase a WiiM Pro Plus. Got a WiiM Pro in one of my systems. The other system gets its music from a Bluesound Node. I like the WiiM app better, so going to replace the Node with a WiiM. Thinking I might as well go for the Plus.

Last edited:
No. That would be USB in.
USB out would be connected to an external DAC - there are lots of USB only DACs. USB is capable of delivering 32bit / 768KHz so significantly higher definition than optical or coax.
However I am not aware of any commercially available audio that is encoded at that level.
Whoops, sorry misunderstood your question then, thanks for the correction. I think thats quite a rare option on amplification as far as I know so would it make sense to put a usb out on an product that is primarily aimed at a more common market where cost is lower tier.

Amazon Canada has a pre-order page up. It has a release date of August 31, 2023. I pre-ordered and hopefully put it through its paces when I get it.

I do look forward to seeing a version with USB out so that I can use my external DACs, though.

Looking at the amazon.ca page, my understanding is that you order the regular WiiM Pro + the remote. However, I might be wrong.

Amazon Canada has a pre-order page up. It has a release date of August 31, 2023. I pre-ordered and hopefully put it through its paces when I get it.

I do look forward to seeing a version with USB out so that I can use my external DACs, though.
Do you have the link?

Maybe I flubbed up. I'll checky pre-order again because you're right, it is confusing (at least it is a pre-order and can be cancelled easily). I'll report back.

Yeah. I think I was overly excited. Looks like it is a Wiim Pro with remote up for pre-order on amazon.ca. Hopefully when the WiiM Pro PLUS is up, it will be very clear what product is being ordered

1691274304552.png
I don't think this is the Wiim Pro+

It's just Wiim Pro + Voice Remote.

Back