WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
I think YooToob only supports Chromecast devices with screens, though I may be mistaken.
Smart plug asked the same question in another thread and got the same answer but for anyone else - yes you are correct.

Just upgraded to FiOS internet and updated to new firmware. Not sure if it fios or new firmware but hearing an improvement to sound. I did switch on the wi-fi 5 GHz when setting up this time, so not sure what one of those improved the sound quality.

Just upgraded to FiOS internet and updated to new firmware. Not sure if it fios or new firmware but hearing an improvement to sound. I did switch on the wi-fi 5 GHz when setting up this time, so not sure what one of those improved the sound quality.
It can only be the firmware or your imagination. Internet supplier and networking components do not have any influence on sound.

It can only be the firmware or your imagination. Internet supplier and networking components do not have any influence on sound.
I did not get release note like when mini get updated so I don’t know what was fixed or added features.

If internet speed is slow it can certainly affect the audio quality you hear. Upgrading to faster internet can improve the sound you hear. Just wondering if it was that or firmware.

Your internet connection would have to be terribly slow to hear a difference.. CD quality is 1400kbps which translates to about 1.3Mbps. Even the cheapest plan of my ISP starts at 100Mbps (which I consider prehistoric by today's standards 😜)

It's rather about link quality, ie. no packet loss than bandwidth which is usually more than enough for audio streaming.

Not sure how internet speed can affect music quality.
At that point it's just packets of data, so you're either getting the data fast enough to prevent buffering or you're not.
Yes, higher res files have more data for the same length (time) of music, so are more prone to buffering (pausing) if your connection is bad.
I've never experienced this at home, but did in a hifi store once using their 'public' network during a demo.

At that point it's just packets of data, so you're either getting the data fast enough to prevent buffering or you're not.
Yes, higher res files have more data for the same length (time) of music, so are more prone to buffering (pausing) if your connection is bad.
I've never experienced this at home, but did in a hifi store once using their 'public' network during a demo.
It can affect the audio quality when a kind of adaptive streaming is in use.

Ah, ok, you mean when the source/target can determine that you're not keeping up, so streams a lower quality (smaller size) file?

Ah, ok, you mean when the source can determine that you're not keeping up, so streams a lower quality (smaller size) file?
Yep, to prevent the buffer to be emptied if downstream speed is not enough.

Your internet connection would have to be terribly slow to hear a difference.. CD quality is 1400kbps which translates to about 1.3Mbps. Even the cheapest plan of my ISP starts at 100Mbps (which I consider prehistoric by today's standards 😜)

That totally depends on where you live, we're lucky of we can get 29Mbps down and 4.5 up where we live.

This was my intended point. As long as you have a working network connection the downstream speed from your ISP has no bearing on audio quality but a poor speed may result in buffering or downsampling.

Buffering, if that is what the OP was referring to, can and will be caused by netork issues but these are usually inside your premisess unless you use a crap ISP.

People tend to judge WiFi quality by signal strength and the claimed speed provided by their router e.g. 54 mpbps in the old days but forget that this 54 mbps is shared amongst all of the WiFi devices on the netork at the time. Someone else in the house streaming Netflix on a tablet has a direct impact on the speed that a WiiM Mini will be working at. Someone next door who is operating their WiFi on an overlapping channel may cause interference.

When you cable a device directly to a 1gbps port on your router that device is not sharing the bandwidth with anything else. and can't be affected by WiFi interference That said you will find some people who will claim that if the ethernet cable you use to connect the two devices is "audio grade" (read - vastly overpriced) it has an affect on sound but most electronics engineers suggest that this is rubbish (unless the cable concerned is manufactured with unobtanium). Remember that while the signal is digital it is either a 1 or a Zero. These are finite. There is no such thing as a fat Zero or a shortened 1. Once the signal gets to a DAC then that's when things start to differ.

In my case I went from super low speed to super fast and notice an improvement in sound, it was either that or from the new firmware. So figured I ask if firmware caused an improvement for others or if getting faster internet did.

This is like a lot of hifi gear you have 2 sides those that believe cables, fuse, etc affect sound and those who believe the opposite. Seen too many conversations turn nasty over things like this, hopefully this one doesn’t.

No nastiness. I’m simply stating one case to put it into perspective versus the other.
It might surprise you but in the analogue part of the chain I fully accept the concept of electrical noise as far as power supply is concerned.

When it comes to the digital part of the chain the situation is different and there shouldn’t be any room for subjective views as it is entirely scientific. 1 or 0.

Just my 2p

No nastiness. I’m simply stating one case to put it into perspective versus the other.
It might surprise you but in the analogue part of the chain I fully accept the concept of electrical noise as far as power supply is concerned.

When it comes to the digital part of the chain the situation is different and there shouldn’t be any room for subjective views as it is entirely scientific. 1 or 0.

Just my 2p
Didn't mean you I appreciate the comments you posted. Just in general I seen threads like this turn nasty and just wanted Nippet in the bud before it started.

That totally depends on where you live, we're lucky of we can get 29Mbps down and 4.5 up where we live.
I agree with you some part of other country especially rural where they had only 10Mbps available even you want more there’s no other available speed.

Back