WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Hello wiim support, is the update peq will be release tomorrow?
Hi Smartplug, the device firmware is OK now but we're still working on the configuration UIs on the WiiM Home App. It takes longer time than what we expected and we have to postpone this release to Feb. Our apologies for the delay!

Hi Smartplug, the device firmware is OK now but we're still working on the configuration UIs on the WiiM Home App. It takes longer time than what we expected and we have to postpone this release to Feb. Our apologies for the delay!
Will there be update release tomorrow?

Any idea when it'll be avilable in the UK, 9/10th of Jan was the orginal estimated date.

Does anybody know what's happening with the distortion issue when using the EQ and if it's resolved or any resolution date in the pipeline as I can't see anything on the roadmap about it.

Also there's only one roadmap which is called WiiMi Mini Roadmap .... it says under fututure updates Multiroom of Hi-Res Audio .... does this apply to the Mini as well or is this only the Pro.

Does anybody know what's happening with the distortion issue when using the EQ and if it's resolved or any resolution date in the pipeline as I can't see anything on the roadmap about it.

Also there's only one roadmap which is called WiiMi Mini Roadmap .... it says under fututure updates Multiroom of Hi-Res Audio .... does this apply to the Mini as well or is this only the Pro.
Under settings/roadmap in the WiimM app settings, you get a link to both the mini and the pro roadmaps. They both mention multi room of hi-res audio, but Wiim would need to clarify that - I doubt it would extend to lossless Amazon Music playback as it’s been said on several occasions that the MinI doesn’t have capacity for that amongst other things.

As for the distortion issue with EQ, I haven’t seen anything about a resolution. Personally, I don’t notice any distortion using EQ in a real life situation but I know there are others who do…

That's Pro roadmap:

Regarding distortions, they just happen under the circumstances you've mentioned - when EQ is on.

Under settings/roadmap in the WiimM app settings, you get a link to both the mini and the pro roadmaps. They both mention multi room of hi-res audio, but Wiim would need to clarify that - I doubt it would extend to lossless Amazon Music playback as it’s been said on several occasions that the MinI doesn’t have capacity for that amongst other things.

As for the distortion issue with EQ, I haven’t seen anything about a resolution. Personally, I don’t notice any distortion using EQ in a real life situation but I know there are others who do…

Cheers for that .... do you know if the Pro currently does hi-res ausio, that would be my main reason for upgrading or is that still in the pipeline?

I don’t think so, coming soon. I think @WiiM Team biggest mistake is setting too tight of deadlines. They’ve got a lot on their plate and they need to take the sage advice of Chief Engineer Scott. “I dunna know if we can even do it, we’ll try, it’ll take months.” Surprise people with an early release. Otherwise everybody is just going go, “is it here yet, is it here yet”?😁

Cheers for that .... do you know if the Pro currently does hi-res ausio, that would be my main reason for upgrading or is that still in the pipeline?
The Pro definitely does Amazon UHD, and the handful of high-res Internet radio stations that broadcast above CD quality -- these I've tested -- but I can't confirm Qobuz or Apple high-res -- although I'm pretty sure both work on the Pro.

The Pro definitely does Amazon UHD, and the handful of high-res Internet radio stations that broadcast above CD quality -- these I've tested -- but I can't confirm Qobuz or Apple high-res -- although I'm pretty sure both work on the Pro.
Can you pls name those high-res Internet radio stations that broadcast above CD quality ?

Not sure if I understand your question - the Pro does what the Mini does and more. The mini already supports hi res music so it follows the Pro does too. Is there any particular use case you’re querying?

Not sure if I understand your question - the Pro does what the Mini does and more. The mini already supports hi res music so it follows the Pro does too. Is there any particular use case you’re querying?

Aplogies .... my fault, I left out one word ..... multiroom.

I thought the Pro was meant to be multiroom hi-res from it's release but the Pro Roadmap lists it under future updates / new features.

The Mini's roadmap also lists it in the same place inferring it's something they're still working on and it may happen for the Mini's at some stage in the future as well.

Aplogies .... my fault, I left out one word ..... multiroom.

I thought the Pro was meant to be multiroom hi-res from it's release but the Pro Roadmap lists it under future updates / new features.

The Mini's roadmap also lists it in the same place inferring it's something they're still working on and it may happen for the Mini's at some stage in the future as well.
Yeah, not sure what they mean by that - maybe they’re talking about Linkplay multi which just now I think is just airplay quality.

i did try Amazon Music Unlimited lossless multiroom with the Pro and a new Echo Studio but the best I could get was 48khz - it looks like that’s all Amazon devices can support (and I’ve had several very frustrating calls to Amazon trying to confirm that, I don’t think they even understood what I was asking :( ). Unfortunately, I don’t have a second Pro to try with the first.

Yeah, not sure what they mean by that - maybe they’re talking about Linkplay multi which just now I think is just airplay quality.

i did try Amazon Music Unlimited lossless multiroom with the Pro and a new Echo Studio but the best I could get was 48khz - it looks like that’s all Amazon devices can support (and I’ve had several very frustrating calls to Amazon trying to confirm that, I don’t think they even understood what I was asking :( ). Unfortunately, I don’t have a second Pro to try with the first.

That's interesting as I was wondering if it'd work with an Echo Studio as I'd possibly buy a Studio for another room if it did.

Unless 2 x's Pros work with multiroom there's no point in me upgrading from the Mini's either.

Reactions: SiR
Back