WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Will there be a new iPhone app for the WiiM Pro, and if so, will it include the ability to add selections to the existing play queue?

The remote was marketed as a separate optional accessory only, so I’m sure it will get its own separate listing. I never saw where it would be included in the Pro package. And the remote will work with either the Mini or Pro.
3 Questions on the Handheld Remote for Saving Internet Stations:
1 - The current Wiim phone app can save up to 12 radio station presets, but the image of the the remote only has 4 numbered preset buttons. Will the remote be capable of saving more than 4 internet radio station presets... by possibly using multiple pressing of the 4 preset buttons, or even pressing a combination of those buttons?
2 - Will the remote be introduced at the same time as the Wiim Pro unit, or could that possibly be made available available earlier?
3 - I see that the Pro unit has a programmable capacitive touch preset button... is there a method where that button could be programmed to "scroll" through all of the 12 station presets that are presently accommodated by the Wiim phone app?

Will there be a new iPhone app for the WiiM Pro, and if so, will it include the ability to add selections to the existing play queue?
The existing Wiim home app was updated recently to be compatible with the WiiM Pro - the Mini and Pro share the same code base so use the same app.
You should submit your request re queuing to the feature request thread/forum.

The existing Wiim home app was updated recently to be compatible with the WiiM Pro - the Mini and Pro share the same code base so use the same app.
You should submit your request re queuing to the feature request thread/forum.
Thanks!

I am glad to hear that the app will remain the same. I like the user interface and it works with my needs.

On a side note, are there sound quality improvement/ hardware advantages worth upgrading to the Pro 2 for users of the wiim mini that use it with an external DAC?

If I remember correctly, there was a number of posts in the "old" WiiM forum regarding the addition of Ethernet port to the WiiM Mini.
The PRO version solves that and more. Kudos to the WiiM team for actually listening to their customers!

Design and specifications of the PRO version are probably made to meet a certain budget, but I can't help but think there's an opportunity missed here: there's no USB-out and it seams the internal DAC is the same as in the Mini (so, not really a pretty good one...). These two things could have been addressed, probably for not a lot of money.

And I do hope that the optical socket on the PRO is of higher quality then on the Mini...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just wanted to share some new pics of WiiM Pro! Our team received a batch of samples today from our production run. We'll let you know we're live on Amazon.com. Also attached a screenshot of the app that shows that WiiM Pro has Chromecast support. (y)

IMG_9868.JPG
IMG_9869.JPG
IMG_9870.JPG
IMG_9867.PNG

Just wanted to share some new pics of WiiM Pro! Our team received a batch of samples today from our production run. We'll let you know we're live on Amazon.com. Also attached a screenshot of the app that shows that WiiM Pro has Chromecast support. (y)
Congratulations team! The market has been ripe for a simple, versatile and *affordable* streamer like this for a while now. Can't wait to purchase one when you go live.

Due to the different certification requirements, the pro will be released in Japan around Jan.
Any news on Australian delivery? Or can we just buy through amazon usa?

Can you give us a best guess on timing? My current solution is busted and i want to wait for this, but can wait so long.

Any news on Australian delivery? Or can we just buy through amazon usa?

Can you give us a best guess on timing? My current solution is busted and i want to wait for this, but can wait so long.
Yes, you can buy it from Amazon US. For Australia, we'll release it around Jan.

View attachment 55
View attachment 56
View attachment 57
View attachment 58
Looking forward to seeing it for sale. I'll buy one as soon as you guys get the -- Gapless / skips to the next track / plays the same track on an album over and over -- fixed. Last night (11/18/22) I found my WiiM unusable for these causes.

Please let me turn off Gapless. I'm not running a dance club!
Out of sheer curiosity, can (and to what extent) can the analog output support headphones? (That feature would make it an ideal desktop player.)

Looking forward to seeing it for sale. I'll buy one as soon as you guys get the -- Gapless / skips to the next track / plays the same track on an album over and over -- fixed. Last night (11/18/22) I found my WiiM unusable for these causes.

Please let me turn off Gapless. I'm not running a dance club!
Out of sheer curiosity, can (and to what extent) can the analog output support headphones? (That feature would make it an ideal desktop player.)
Hi Jim, sorry to hear you have problem with the WiiM Mini. Can you please help send a feedback via the WiiM Home App so we can take a look at your issues immediately?
Please also let us know what exact problem you have with the gapless. Regarding the analog output, it can be used as the input to your headphones. Based on your headphone spec., please adjust its output voltage before use with the WiiM App. It has four output options: 2 Vrms, 1 Vrms, 800 mVrms and 500 mVrms.

Back