WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
What is wrong with deezer on chromecast?
There are a bunch of threads at Deezer on casting problems. Here's one:

I notice a lot of them were started 6-9 months ago. If there were posts in the ones I scanned indicating Deezer had solved their issues, I missed them.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Deezer subscriber, so I can't speak personally, nor do I know how widespread the problem was/has been. I did try out Deezer and liked it, but ultimately have chosen other streaming providers.

Last edited:
there is confusion...
the deezer app does not see the wiim mini.
and therefore the concern is for deezer in the wiim home application for those who have an account...
see i fear in mp3 128k to

Man You are wrong. Deezer app cant see wiim as it doesnt support chromecast. I just checked deezer on my Yamaha (works OK) and Wiim (also works OK as Flac) and casting to chromecast audio is also working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-13-16-12-09-453_com.yamaha.av.musiccastcontroller.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-13-16-12-09-453_com.yamaha.av.musiccastcontroller.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2022-11-13-16-11-48-889_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-13-16-11-48-889_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 6
I misunderstand
the deezer android application does not see the wiim...
just that my point
so when, like talk about souccid with deezer, i talk about souccis via wiim home..
am I clearer?

Deezer has no upnp support. Wiim has not chromecast build-in. How You want it to start working together? And wiim build-in deezer is far better than amazon.

what's more
home only works in flac for a moment and it disconnects.. see in discovery mode for 30 seconds
so I too can have a little deezer flac time...but don't hold on..
see all the other modes offered by wiim home concerning deezer which have not worked well since the beginning

I have a wiim since February and deezer "hifi"
and if seems to work.. it only lasts a little while... see other bugs
that's all...

Are You sure You have premium subscription? I Just checked flow and it is flac and plays at least few minutes now and everything looks OK.

This is a thread about the WiiM Pro. Please stop polluting it (and every other WiiM thread on the internet) with your incessant, annoying whining about Deezer. Are you a two year old?

WiiM has already said the issue is Deezer's issue, which they have no control over. Hardly anyone actually uses Deezer, as there are many superior services that work just fine. Use one of them, and stop whining!!!!

nobody uses deezer.. is this a joke?
complain? it is essentially a warning for people who may be interested and therefore buy a wiim mini...
I do not overwhelm the technical support of wiim..
but are perfectly aware...
and if deezer poses a problem.. who puts this service on hold until it is ok..
it's much more deezer who loses from these situations than wiim...
I've wasted a lot of time trying to help the people of wiim for months and don't want to take moral lessons at all
Thread 'Songs skip, jump, restart... I'm using my Deezer account. Not sure if this is a known issue (couldn't find similar post) or if I'm missing something?' https://wiim.community.forum/thread...d-similar-post-or-if-im-missing-something.36/

would be good to avoid that until these problems are settled..
I took my part

Last edited:
Company with small user based doesn’t have the funds to advanced their technology to compete with big company. If one service doesn’t work, cancel it and choose another. If there’s no other choice it’s on you whether to keep it or not. Nobody forcing you to stay and complain about it. It’s your money so you decide. Where I live, every known music streaming services in the universe is available and in fact I tried them all because I can and can afford.

I spent 8 months talking to wiim support(that I appreciate)
for many things other than deezer (some of which you know...)
since the announcement made on the future deezer api scheduled for the end of september... which is late... ,
I just invite people with deezer to wait to see what's going on before buying..
I am wrong ?
I would have liked someone to tell me about it in the same circumstances.
that's all...
and now from experience I will wait to see what will happen factually with the pro..

I spent 8 months talking to wiim support(that I appreciate)
for many things other than deezer (some of which you know...)
since the announcement made on the future deezer api scheduled for the end of september... which is late..
I just invite people with deezer to wait to see what's going on before buying..
I am wrong ?
I would have liked someone to tell me about it in the same circumstances.
that's all...
and now from experience I will wait to see what will happen factually with the pro..
Are you Morrillon from asr? Your paragraphs is similar to his. Is Amazon hd not available on your country? Tidal or quoboz?

Nope
since wiim always announces it, maybe one day I took it out of the drawer...
I have a deezer flac family account that satisfies the whole family (6 accounts)... I'm not going to change it for that..
the chromecast audio is back in service that's all ... even if not flac.. remains the nice and stable deezer application..
funny...my position is basically to..help....
;-)

Last edited:
Nope
since wiim always announces it, maybe one day I took it out of the drawer...
I have a deezer flac family account that satisfies the whole family (6 accounts)... I'm not going to change it for that..
the chromecast audio is back in service that's all ... even if not flac.. remains the nice and stable deezer application..
funny...my position is basically to..help....
;-)
If that’s was the case, replace the device that would work on your particular service maybe node? We have seen comments like distortion or deezer and there’s no point repeating the same old dance everyday? Keep your deezer service and buy other streamer or vice versa.

I took out the old chromecast as already said

ps the drc has been removed in no eq mode...I checked this morning even if it doesn't concern
that's settled...

;'-)

Last edited:
Back